News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

locked topic?

Previous topic - Next topic

Tisha

Goingslow, I understand.  The "topic" is locked but the subject is not.  If you'd like to start a new post regarding the reality of magic feel free to do so! Maybe I'll just cut-and-paste my opinion on the new thread [:D]  

We don't want to encourage the kind of tinkling contest that happened yesterday between *ahem* certain members; the participants will only end up covered in tinkle.  I had to take TWO baths last nights to get if all off me.
Tisha

James S

Hi Goingslow,

Heir James of the Moderator Nazis here,

Locking down a topic is the best way of stopping argumentative people from retaliating with even more abuse. Once we know everything's calmed down, the topic can always be unlocked again. It's also more preferable to lock a topic to quickly stifle the flames, than it is to ban a member.

It's not the first time a topic's been locked because of one person getting out of hand, but it doesn't happen often.

As for moving your topic that you were too lazy to put in the right place.....nah, stuff it! Couldn't be bothered.

[;)]
James.

goingslow

James,

You know me I hate to be argumentative [;)], but you're right it wasn't the first.  It was the second (since I've been here).  The first happened when there was nothing left on the thread but threats of death and personal insults.  There were at least 4 people involved and the thread was going nowhere

You locked that topic not because the thread was going to go nowhere but because the poster wasn't adding anything anymore and he and trisha were going back and forth.  

I think there is a difference and I see many topics if this policy follows that will be locked.  Or should be based on the fact a few people are not going anywhere other than arguing with eachother.  

But I realize if the mods think its cool then it must be cool etc.  It seems self monitoring is the way to go.  But maybe if a thread is closed when I cant help but comment on a person you're really helping me out.

This is just myopinion on that.  Its not really a big deal or a personal attack.  I just would hate to see nothing but locked topics forcing topics to go off the active pages just because they got heated or argumentative.

take care

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Tisha did exactly the right thing by locking the topic at her discretion, and she has my full support as do all moderators.

I did not like the way that topic was progressing, and in particular the member who shouts disrespect at other members with his caps lock on despite warnings from Tisha and myself. I was going to intervene myself, but Tisha has sorted it out nicely [:)]

That is not an excuse for the member concerned to continue where he left off in another thread, otherwise further action will need to be taken in order to maintain the standards of this forums.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

goingslow

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Tisha did exactly the right thing by locking the topic at her discretion, and she has my full support as do all moderators.

And of course that is all that matters.  Realisitically there is a heirarchy.  Robert Bruce, Adrian, all other mods.. then our opinions which btw Im grateful you listened to.

BTW it was James not Tisha.

I may be arrogant but Im not the type to disrespect and show no reverence for mods.  So end of discussion.  Im sorry for even speaking my opinion.

Since its obvious the right thing was done.. by... T..James.

goingslow

I cant resist saying one more thing on the matter.  

Adrian, the very fact you declared your support for Tishas decision and the fact she was right no questions asked when James locked it with this statement.
quote:
Hello apophis.

For a few reasons, among which it seems that you do not pay attention simple requests, this topic will now be locked!

You have been told by the forum's administrator Adrian, as well as two moderators, Tisha and myself to stop typing your posts with the caps lock key on.

As to the last questions you rudely shouted at us, You have told us in your profile that you are 23. You have also told us where you are from, a fact that was confirmed when I checked the geographical location belonging to your IP address range.

Any adept practitioner of magic on this forum will confirm that you would have little in the way of skills in magic as you have not yet mastered your ego or your emotions, which is fundamental to the art.

You have no idea of who you are really talking to on this forum, as indeed very few of us do, except perhaps those of us who have been around long enough to get to know people such as Tisha, and what she is capable of.

You are not adding anything at all to the quality of information on this forum through your harsh and arrogant words. Please consider changing your approach, and how you present your words if you wish to continue as a member here.

Shadowatcher,
I sincerely apologise for locking down this topic that you started. Your question was genuine and well stated, and I hope that you got some useful information to help guide you.

Regards,
James

well... call me overly suspicious.. but that along side the fact I addressed James directly leads me to believe your post a "dont question the monitors".  I mean please if you're going to make such a statement at least read the thread Im commenting on.

At least pretend to go through the motions before making such a declaration.  Because at that point it becomes word .. then its too late.

Im really done now commenting about this.  But that did rub me the wrong way obviously.  

sincerely.

the person posting this message

goingslow

I do want to add I think the mods are fair and good etc .. I remember back when most were just  regular posters..

But my complaint was just on that one policy.. since it really doesnt stop a person from running around getting other topics locked.  

I reread it and realized I didnt make that clear.  maybe.

James S

Goingslow,

Yeah I remember when I was just common scum too, but that was before I was imbued with all these God like powers.  [:P][:D]

What you're saying is perfectly reasonable. Locking one topic doesn't stop someone reaking havoc elswhere, but for someone who's suffering a temporary loss of respect for others, it can give them a chance to chill. I've seen this happen - they get the message, and go on with no real further hassles. If not, they get shown the door. Simple!
In which case there's nothing stopping one of us Mods from unlocking the topic(s) again.

We try not to interfere, but sometimes the sewerage hits the turbines and we have to step in.

Kind regards,
James.

James S

Well, as promised, now that things will settle down, Tisha has unlocked Shadowatchers topic.

Enjoy,
James.

goingslow

This will probably be moved.. but I dont think it was right the topic "is magic real" was locked just because that one fool who types in caps and likes to show his knowlege of magic jumped on it with insults.

I'd hate to see that trend start on these forums.  Especially when its just one person.  
Seems unfair also to the person who creates the topic and those that still have something to say on it.  Instead why not tell the person to stop and ban them if they dont.

Even if shadow doesnt care if the topic was locked it just seems like bad policy for the future.

I understand if this is moved but im too lazy right now to find the right forum to state this.  Just got off work etc