News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

questions for the novice

Previous topic - Next topic

BKR1974

so I've been i guess experimenting with chaos magick for about two or three months now and i have a lot of questions that still are not answered not all of them will pertain to magick and i don't expect anyone to awnser them all at once but I'd really love to know

1.sections of magick like chaos wicca and ceremonial how dose one differentiate them and are there more
2.what is a alphabet of desire, what is its use, how dose one make it
3.who/what is at the receiving end of a sigil
4.dose the wiccan rule of 3 apply to everything
5.dose magick connect with science or disregards it 
6.is it posible to talk to spirts without being a medium
7.is satanism a magick
8.if one were to ap and the body were to die what would happen
9.how dose one make a servitor
10.what is a mantra
11.if i were to create a sigil saying the democrates with win the next election is it possible for the sigil to backfire and make the liberals
win (just a hypothetical i don't really care about american politics)
12.are the more difficult tasks for a sigil like if i were to create a sigil saying this man will die by suicide and another saying this girl will fall in love with me will the killing one need more ... energy for lack of a better word
13.what is a sigil matrix what would it be used for
14.is it possible to accidentally create an empathy link though non-magical means
15.why do sigils with the en-tent of experimentation don't work

these are currently my question i will probably add a post script if i have more

Bluefirephoenix

I'll give you some pointers

1.sections of magick like chaos wicca and ceremonial how dose one differentiate them and are there more

Wicca is a religion founded by Gerald Gardiner in the 50's based on Golden Dawn's ritual litergy and a few other odds and ends.

I've never heard of Chaos Wicca. Chaos and Wicca rather polar opposite in their beliefs and theories of operation.

Ceremonial magic are litergical rituals based mostly on Christianity, kabbala, and if it's Golden Dawn a dash of 19th century Egyptian thrown in.

Grimioire magic are rituals based on books usually dating from the 16th to 18th century.  Strongly based on the Roman rite and Catholic symbolism.

2.what is a alphabet of desire, what is its use, how dose one make it
It's in Liber Null by Alister Crowly. I've never used it but at a glance I can tell what it's used for and how it's used. The wheel is here https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzrjhbRB1y1qa31pso1_r1_500.gif. You pick the emotion you want to generate. There are 3 symbols on that slice of pie. You make a sigil of those three symbols and charge it.

3.who/what is at the receiving end of a sigil
Sigils are traditionally the signature of a spirit.  In Chaos magic sigils represent an energetic force. Chaos magic is often energy based and does not always consider that spirits have personality. The sigils and rituals are made by intuition instead of following traditional rules.

4.dose the wiccan rule of 3 apply to everything
No, Chaos magic, Grimoire magic, and traditional folk magic like hoo doo or the african/catholic syncretised practices do not believe in the rule of three. That was an invention of Gardner based on Theosophical beliefs of the Golden Dawn. However, backlash does occur and can be a serious problem. It can also happen even if your intention is not harmful. Backlash can cause severe realtime problems.

5.dose magick connect with science or disregards it 

Current science does not have the ability to measure spiritual forces directly. Therefore it's rather irrelevent. Measuring physical results is inconsistent and does not reflect the energetic forces which interact during an operation.

6.is it posible to talk to spirts without being a medium
Everyone is a spirit and yes everyone can communicate. However, if you are not a natural medium, before you can communicate or see a spirit you must be developed spiritually to the point where you can do so. The Abramelin ritual is designed to do this and should be the first operation you do.
This is MacGregor Mathers translation. It is somewhat incomplete and I believe there is a French version that has been translated  Aaron Lietch last time I spoke to him was working on that translation so we should see something published in a year or two. http://www.sacred-texts.com/grim/abr/
This ritual is designed to develop the operator's psychic abilities needed to complete other forms of magick. you have to be able to see what is going on in spirit in order to manipulate the energies. This is very true in Chaos magic where the energy is not manipulated by a spirit but by your own thoughform.  If you do not see you cannot control. Operating magick out of control is a  bad idea.

7.is satanism a magick

AHHH Antonio Levey. I don't think much of him. Satanism is a religion not magick. Magick might involve using demons to accomplish a purpose. In satanism they're worshiped. I think worshiping any kind of energy being regardless of it's origin in that way is a good way to incoorperate things into your being that you really don't want there and it is no more effective than other systems of belief. If your using it for a magical base it is not as effective. Drinking during ritual for example decreases your focus which will nullify the effects of the ritual. It has great teenage appeal. Levay was a Carnie ( someone who works in a Carnival) he invented this religion basically to make money. He enjoyed theatrics and incoorperated it into his ritual. He did not practice magic nor did he have any interest in anything other than getting rich off people's guillibility.

AGain the Abramelin puts the use of demons into proper perspective. After your purified the being called your Holy Guardian Angel representing you divine power within throws the lower carnal forces at your feet at the end of the ritual.

8.if one were to ap and the body were to die what would happen

Depends greatly on what you believe happens to the afterlife... an interesting note. In yoga the accomplished practitioners do this intentionally at the end of their lives. I think it would be a good way to go honestly.

9.how dose one make a servitor
Your not ready for it yet. First you must develop you psychic abilities so you can see what your doing.  Yea I know everyone and their brother is out there doing this. ... but without the development it's a crap shoot. If you take the time to do it right you'll find your much happier.

10.what is a mantra It's a word or phrase repeated for a specific spiritual effect. It is a good way to meditate and learn focus

11.if i were to create a sigil saying the democrates with win the next election is it possible for the sigil to backfire and make the liberals
win (just a hypothetical i don't really care about american politics) Whatever you create has to compete with the myrid of other energies out there focused on the election. If you have not trained your focus or have the ability to see and control the energies it gets lost in the shuffle.

12.are the more difficult tasks for a sigil like if i were to create a sigil saying this man will die by suicide and another saying this girl will fall in love with me will the killing one need more ... energy for lack of a better word

Already answered you don't have the focus or development back to Abramelin. Complete that first then your HGA will help you. See when you finish that ritual your instruction then comes from that being. .. not human it's  much better.

13.what is a sigil matrix what would it be used for   Not a hundred percent sure on this one. Chaotes tend to be very loose with their terms. The way we used it is that it is the materia magica used to make the sigil and ritual equipment. Certain materials are used which have astrolgoical or other compatabilities. Usually this done in accordance with Agrippa. This is an essential text by the way if your going to do this and be serious about it.

http://www.amazon.ca/Three-Books-Occult-Philosophy-Publications/dp/B00EKYFYRG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1419509929&sr=8-4&keywords=3+books+of+occult+philosophy
There is a 4th book of occult philosophy by psudoagrippa which has some grimoire work in it. ( I did the artwork for that book) :-)

14.is it possible to accidentally create an empathy link though non-magical means

If you are a natural connected to your psychic abilities. Empathy is a part of telepathy. While living in a physical body telepathy is very very difficult to control. Sometimes the channels get stuck open when they should be closed. You end up receiving when you shouldn't. Learning control of your abilities is precurser to learning anything worthwhile in working with spirit.

15.why do sigils with the en-tent of experimentation don't work

Because many so called magicians don't have the proper development and are too lazy to do what's needed to get there. 

these are currently my question i will probably add a post script if i have more

You need a couple things to start with. First a copy of the Abramelin. Once you read it we can discuss adaptations to your situation. I would plan on at least 12-18 months to complete the ritual.  IF your serious about this then You can private message me and we'll discuss it.