News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Witches?

Previous topic - Next topic

beansta

What do you all know about witches? I know one, he never talks about it but he told me when he was in 3rd or 4th grade he realized he was a witch and people made fun of him for it. He says he just doesn't tell anyone/talk about it anymore. Anyway, I don't know..I feel that his energy effects mine very negatively. When we get stoned (alone together or with others) I get intense anxiety--I suppose because pot weakens your aura--and I feel he is just sending me negative energy. When I'm sober I feel nothing of the sorts. This could just be me dreaming it up in my own head. I don't know anything about his practice and was hoping you could all help me understand what's going on.

Stookie_

I'm curious as to how he realized he was a witch in 3rd grade.

beansta

Me too, I think it was a "feeling" he had..i'm so unsure about anything regarding witches or "natural born witches"

embrace

Can "witch" be referred to as "he" ?

Stookie_

They're referred to as "warlocks". I know because I saw it in a movie once.

Stillwater

There are lots of ways he could have known... maybe cats liked him alot, or he had an urge to deliver presents to Italian kids!
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

beansta

haha thanks for the mockery  :roll:

Xanth

Quote from: beansta on March 01, 2012, 00:35:00
What do you all know about witches? I know one, he never talks about it but he told me when he was in 3rd or 4th grade he realized he was a witch and people made fun of him for it. He says he just doesn't tell anyone/talk about it anymore. Anyway, I don't know..I feel that his energy effects mine very negatively. When we get stoned (alone together or with others) I get intense anxiety--I suppose because pot weakens your aura--and I feel he is just sending me negative energy. When I'm sober I feel nothing of the sorts. This could just be me dreaming it up in my own head. I don't know anything about his practice and was hoping you could all help me understand what's going on.
You don't really seem to understand the concept of what a "witch" is...

Stillwater

Well, a witch is a number of different things, based on the tradition.

Some consider witches to be people who derive power from nature forces to aid them; a variant idea states that witches are in league with pagan earth-gods and goddesses, like Hecate and Inarna; others say they are people versed in spell-casting and charms. Still others say that they are people who have made a contract with the devil in exchange for various powers.

No one really agrees what a witch is exactly, or at least different traditions have their own opinions, so it would seem natural to me that there could be a lot of confusion.

And I don't mean to mock you, Beansta, I apologize- I tend to make light of pretty much everything.

Chaos Mage

From what I understand, 'warlock' is a term used to describe an 'oath breaker' or someone who has betrayed their coven or pact with God/ The Devil/ Spirits.  A male is easily as much a witch as a female.

I've called myself a warlock back when I used to chat on Yahoo!, for the reason that I betrayed my oaths and summoned a dark force into my life.  My life very quickly took a turn for the worse!  And it's been crap ever since.

A warlock is like a renegade witch, someone who would do anything to maintain their power or abilities.  Often, a warlock will exchange his astral for power in the physical plane, which, is actually unnecessary, as, there is an abundance of free forming energy at all times.  While witches have their practices, warlocks are nasty dudes and females can just as easily be considered warlock.

In my view, a witch is a guardian of nature.  A true, pure blooded witch can use simple things like rocks and sticks to divine or cast magick.  They work with existence, and for it, rather than against it.  Be certain, if you cross a witch, you can be cursed with things like cysts, even cancer!  Their talent for the black arts is not to be underestimated.
Strength. Endurance. Speed. Resistance. Stamina. -these are dimensional, at density and frequency.
Will. Courage. Faith. Love. - these are spiritual, the power to effect Life Force.
Balance. Peace. Focus. Charge. Awareness. -mentally active self control

Stillwater

Yeah, the oath-breaker meaning of warlock is the older one, Chaos mage, and the male-form of witch seems to be a more recent meaning.

I was unaware of this, but there is also a male form of the word "witch": "witcher"; this is aparently of slavic origins.

beansta

@Xanth I didn't understand, that's why I posted--and I guess I sounded naive. I have a better idea now though maybe you could explain your concept?

@Stillwater haha! thank you for your response, and no worries so do I. Just bein' a bit sarcastic.  :-D

@Chaos Mage I'm sorry to hear that, I hope things improve for you. That's interesting what you mention about black magic. I think my witch friend is a bit naive to his power, I guess I could be wrong though. You never really know anyone. We've gotten closer though and I think most of the negative energy I was feeling was being projected from myself--I was a bit out of touch. I can see clearer now that certain loose ends in my life have been tied and I've gotten further along in my meditation.

Xanth

My apologies... I didn't have much time and your post hit a chord with me. 

A "witch" is actually many things such as Stillwater mentioned.

A witch can be a practitioner of Wicca.
A witch can be a practitioner of Magick (in any form really... the usual is, as Stillwater pointed out, Nature based).
A witch can be female OR male.

A warlock, in old gaelic was VERY LOOSELY translated to mean "oath breaker"... it was a term you didn't call someone lightly back in the day.  It's not a term for a male witch... that's an invention of hollywood.

"Witch" is a lot of things.  None of which is an ugly woman with a pointy hat and nose.  :)

Your post/question hit a chord with me because I considered Wicca a very long time ago... I considered it until I came to the realization that I couldn't reconcile the idea of a goddess, much less a god.  I came back to the notion several times over my life, but it never really took root with me.

Lionheart

I have always been drawn to Magick, for years I read and lived the way of Wiccan, until one day I read some things that I didn't agree with. Some things that went beyond by personal beliefs. So, I changed over to Paganism, weirdly enough the same thing happened. I came across something that I felt strongly about and changed once again. This time Druidry caught my eye and I was invited into a Grove in Minnesota. But again I found that Druidry didn't seem to fit right either. So now I am officially "Eclectic" and know I have found a path that fits.  :-)

Ident

Xanth

That's the very website where my journey began.  :)

Ident

It's a small Internet.  8-)

Humilitas

I am not new to Witchcraft or in my case a Family Tradition (Hereditary Tradition?), in which I was initiated when I reached fifteen years old. I am ableto say that it was not sexual, but did require some of my blood taken from a particular finger of the hand I work with most (Right Hand). Although our tradition covered most Magical, psychic and Spiritual subjects, I began a diary and started work on the Sephiroth (Kabala - various spellings). To set the record straight, I have been on the path some fifty-six years, having reached the age of seventy-two now. I have my own group. I have ran a magazine for some twelve years as a successful paper magazine, and the follo-on from that is our website: www.touchwoodmagazine.co.uk which basically covers everything under the Sun under Magic or Spiritual progression.

I chose the name Humilitas as that was the name I was called in an Esoteric Tradition I was a member of in America called the Esoteric Order of The Golden Dawn; I have been in several English Orders of a magical bent, but for the moment I'll confine my associations to the above for the most part. Most Magical Orders will take you to the Portal of Tiphareth and no further. At the moment I am working with Binah, Gedulah and the hidden Sephirah, Da-ath. I have been on this particular path some five years now but a lot of things are becoming clear to me, that humility is the key to knowledge. I invite anyone (whatever their station in Magic or the physical World they happen to be in or on, to discuss with me anything of an 'Astral Sense since I teach to members and have done so for some thirty-five years. Blessings upon the paths. Humilitas. :roll: