News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

A Shadow Aura

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It is not a matter of if an aura can cast a shadow, although maybe it can. I read that auras interact with physical light and that is why the quality and quantity of light make such a difference in how auras are seen and it has even been claimed that seeing auras in complete darkness cannot be done. Then there are people who use clairvoyance to read auras at a distance. If it is actually a matter of using clairvoyance and interpreting the results, then strange combinations become possible. As I mentioned, there are even people who read auras by smell or taste. If there are people who can get a metallic taste in their mouth as part of scanning an aura, then why not interpreting an aura as being on the shadow instead of around the person whose aura it is?

kakkarot

well, remember that bruce said objects have auras. so maybe shadows are considered objects in the astral/ethereal hence allowing for an aura.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Shirley

Hey everyone :-),

... Also, as Robert states, colours have auras too - so I am quite sure that the shadow could have an aura. I don't know how you will know if it is an aura of the colour or an aura of the shadow though. And yes, objects do have auras, I have seen them and tested myself with a friend who sees auras of inanimate objects. We saw the same things. Again, how does one know one is not seeing the auras of the colours..?. I guess the only way is to learn the auras of the colours (Roberta has it somewhere on this sight I feel sure) and check out the colour you are seeing. This is why is is easier to see someone's aura where there skin is bare. In normal circumstances this would be around their head, neck or hands :-)

Anyway, don't undermine what you saw. Celebrate and look out for it again. Over time you will have what you saw probably confirmed by another 'sightin'.. For some reason you may find it easier to see auras on shadows...or it may be your way in to learning how to see auras. We all start somewhere,often quite uniquely.

I find it hard to see the aura of my hands but on occasion I have seen my hand aura very clearly  in water. Once, when I was trying to heal my daughter's dying goldfish, I saw the aura of my hands in the water - a clear turquoise... it may have been the goldfish's aura but then I have seen it on my hands in water since. This is the only way to check these things out.

Now someone may say you can't see one's own aura in water - but then I have - so there you go :-)

As long as you stay open and honest  with yourself, follow your own intuition.

Fenris

It seems clear that there is extream variation in how the aura is perceived between individuals. Aside from the example we have given here another would be a very dear friend of mine. She can see the aura right out to the highest spiritual layers in vivid colour, she can see chakras clearly and she takes it all as the norm. But she can not she her own aura at all, not even the ethric around her feet or herself in the mirror, perhaps because she does not think it is possible. She also cant see the auras of people on TV where I can, again she does not think it is posible.

I think Shirley said it well with "As long as you stay open and honest with yourself, follow your own intuition."

Thank you everyone for the valuable imput that is wonderfully common here

best regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

distant bell

I have been trying to learn to see auras for some while now. I have noticed that it is possible to create a quite interesting effect by looking at the hand for example against a light background- preferable a white wall. I see this line around the hand in a glowing colour. It is wery thin. But I don´t think that it really is a real aura. I think that it is an optical effect. When you look at something for a while you get an after image.. I think this is something realated to that. The effect is really nice anyway. I will continue to practise to see auras- and perhaps one day I will have sucsess. The hard question it this- How do I know when it is the real thing and not just an optical illusion?

Frater Felix

--Low is the law- Love under will--

James S

Felix,
I know exactly where your coming from:
"How do I know when it is the real thing and not just an optical illusion?"

Robert Bruces article on seeing aura's goes into this, but I'm still not sure if his method is right for me, because of his comments on the lenght of time before you start seeing afterimages - an effect of the eyes producing a "negative" if you stare at something. For me it's a much shorter time than Robert suggests - I get an afterimage within 10 seconds.

Many books and articles I've read on seeing auras don't mention afterimage at all. They just say to look at the subjects in a certain way and hey presto, an aura will appear. Sorry, but this is crap!  Chances are they're seeing an afterimage. I did find truth in one book I read though, that mentioned not to try looking at auras under flourescent light. This doesn't seem to bother Robert, but I find the almost inperceptable mains frequency strobing of this light to be offputting.

when trying to see the aura of something, if you move your eyes slightly, the afterimage moves with your vision. I have managed to see what I believe to be an aura only a couple of times. I was practicing looking at my own in the bathroom mirror, in good, soft light. I would gently move from side to side a bit to help remove the afterimage effect, but keep my eyes kind of unfocussed and looking just to one side of my reflection. I wasn't standing close - I was about 4-5 feet away from the mirror. What I did see when I finally got it was that my aura pulsed and moved - quite rapidly actually. Kind of like looking at film of the earth's northern or southern auroras.

I think thats a good clue. Auras move and pulse, afterimages don't.

Hope you succeed. If one method doesn't work for you, try another - we're all built different. Apart From Robe't Bruce's articles on auras, most info I found on the web was all the same - too simplistic. The method I found that worked for me best, I found in a book at my local library. The book was fairly detailed in all aspects of auras, and it helps to know some of the biology of eyesight.

James S
(Fate amenable to change)

Fenris

Hi Distant Bell!

Im sure you have probably read this before but just in case it helps Ill post this. Please keep in mind that this is only my experience and could be different for someone else.

When you first see auras you see the ethric layer just above the skin, it is the most dense layer and thus the easiest to see. The aura becomes more refined the further from the body. The best way to see the ethric is just like you are trying - so do keep at it!!! Its just my experience but the ethric layer does not appear to move or pulse like the rest of the aura, or it is too thin and consistent in colour and brightness to detect movement easily. It is well known that the ethric varies greatly in size between individuals but dont expect to see the whole ethric layer at once (so dont get worrid when you read it can be up to 7-12mm  thick and yours only seems to be 2mm). When I first started to see auras the ethric layer was all I could see and it was really thin on everybody. The ethric appears like a white bluish haze to me.

After a while you begin to see shadowy movement beyond the ethric perhaps up to 1 foot beyond the body, and with time your ability to see this increases and the distance from the body you see it may do also. It may become recognisable that there are layers and you might start to see the outline of the first outer egg shaped spirt layer, the first layer that is not influenced by body shape/outline. And lastly you begin to see colour, this is where I am at, however others may see colour from the very begining so please dont limit your self by beliving that you cant.

If you ever have any questions please ask, I also know that Qui gon sees the aura very well so what I dont know Im sure he or someone else can help with. Sometimes others personal experience helps in ways that books cant. But I have lots of books I can look into for answers for you too! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Please stick with it, but remember that psychic ability is best considered as a added benefit of personal energy and spiritual development - not a reason to pursue it. I can see i was very luck in that one day I just started to see them.

best of luck

David

Veni Vidi Vici

distant bell

Hi!

Thanks for your replies!

The strange thing is that I only manage to se something as an aura when I look at my hand against a whery light coloured background, like the white wall in my bathroom. And I know that it dosn´t take wery many seconds fro my eyes to create an after image.

The phenomenon I gett is a thin line around the body in a glowing blueish colour. It is wery beautifull. But in order to get it I have to unfocuse my eyes and glide in and out of focus till it apperas. I would actually prefere to be able to se the aura while focusing in the object I am looking at.

Fenris- Hoe do you usuall focus your eyes? Do you need any speciall backround light to se the aura?

Frater Felix

Fenris

Hi Distant Bell!

I think you are probably actually seeing the aura, not an after image so be happy! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

What you describe is the ethric layer, now try to see it around animals and plants. Unless you have a volunteer I would only stare at people when you know they wont notice.

When it first started for me I could see auras easier in bright sunlit environments, but not too bright because it makes the aura hard to see. In highschool the white brick walls of the class rooms made a good backdrop to practice on the people in front of me. To focus I would relax my eye muscles and just let the image appear. I usually would let my eyes rest just at the edge of the skin.

By just trying to see them as much as you can in your day to day life you condition your self to see them easier. It took about three months or so for me to see them in most light conditions and without trying to focus or relax my eyes. Now about two years later I dont have to try to see them, they are just a normal part of my everyday life. But they never lose their magic or beauty.

My advice is to keep experimenting with back drops and lighting just like you are. By learing to see them easily in perfect conditions you will naturally begin to see the auras in other environments. Keep up meditation and energy work, practice when ever you feel the want and really enjoy your new gift! When I was where you are now I was running about trying to see them around all of my pets and having a great time. Now you have it you are not going to lose it, so take your time and play with your talent! You earned it!

Please post with any other questions you may ever have, It makes me very happy to play a part in what will be a wonderful journey for you.

Good luck and have fun!

regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

distant bell

Fenris-

You might be right! Perhaps I actually do se the aura.
Anyway it is a wery beautifull effect, aura or not aura.
I will continue to prqactice and meditate, and once I start
seeing this effect under oder conditions- then I will know that
it is the real thing.

Thanks mate!

Frater Felix

Windameir

I was looking at the aura's of the Oak trees around my property. Could someone who is experenced in seeing auras describe what they should look like I have seen something but would like a discription to compare it with.

Thanks
Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

kakkarot

well, i'm can't see auras (that i know of  ;)  ), but i have seen some weird things lately and was wondering if someone could also help me out.

while i trying to get psionics to work (psychokinesis) i was staring at my watch and trying to will it to move when i noticed something; around my watch was what looked like a magnetic field. it looked like a distortion of space, non-coloured, and sort of (but not exactly) like a heatwave. i realize that this description doesn't sound like an aura, but if anyone knows what this is, it would be pretty nice to know. THANKS!!!  :)

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

jilola

Kakkarot:Not that I know what you saw but there's this bok I read just recently by Terry Pratchett titled "Thief of Time"
A guy is commissioned by the Auditors of reality to build the perfect clock that once activated will measure the shrtest amount of time thereby stopping it.
Damn man, are you seeing time?

hee

2cents

jouni

kakkarot

sorry jilola, but it's a distortion of space, not time. or a hallucination!  :)

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

jilola

Oh well, that would've been too cool.
But how do you know it's space that's getting distorted instead of time being fed into the clock to be chopped up? :-)
Do you still see it or was it a one time offer?

2cents

jouni

Fenris

Hi Windameir

Well as I have mentioned in previous posts Im no wiz bang all singin all dancin auric sight guy but I do see them so Ill help the best I can. I dont see colour all that often but thats getting to be a little more frequent for me.

Ok when I look at a tree it looks a little different than a person, the etheric layer which is the layer nearest the physical body when seen around a personl extends out a few centemeters depending on your ability and the energy of the person, and has a fairly distinct outer edge that allows it to be seen seperate from the rest of the aura. I imagine if you saw auras in colour the outer edge of the etheric would be even more obvious. The etheric layer is the most dense auric layer and thus is the easiest to see and the closest to the body.

But when I look at a tree there is just a big bright band of light around its branches. While the first say...20 - 30cm are somewhat brighter then the rest of the aura there does not seem to be such a distinct etheric band. It just continues out unbroken for the meter or so I can see it. So to really simplify what is rather hard to try and discribe well what I see is just a big bright area of light around the branches. Simple as this, if you see a glowing around the branches well your seeing the aura and with practice you will see a lot more of it. When I think back when I first saw the aura around trees I only saw a band that extended about 5cm or so.  

I hope this helps you out, if you post what you are seeing maybe we could work it out for you easier, if Ive been off track of what you wanted answered please say so and ask any questions you have. Maybe someone with more experience might be able to answer if I cant http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

best regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

Windameir

Fenris
Thanks for the reply http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
Your discription matches what I see pretty well it can be a area of brightness which extendes around and above the trees. Depending on how I foucus and place my attention it varys greatly in brightness and how far it extends beyond the outter edge of the tree. At first I thought this was after image but the after image moves with my vision when I change where Im looking and the Aura's don't. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Thanks
Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

Fenris

Well done Mate!

What you say about focus is the same for me too. I see auras normally without having to relax my eye muscles so they are just a normal part of vision now, but if I relax my eye muscles when looking at the aura of a tree it goes less bright and extends out heaps. I imagine by relaxing the muscles we are seeing a more refined layer of the aura. Can you see the aura around people yet? I actually saw it around people before trees.

kind regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici

Windameir

Fenris
I havn't tried to see the aura's of people yet. Ill start tryin tho Ill let you know how it comes out http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>

Happy Travels
Windameir

To make the best better

Fenris

A little while ago in the 'auric sight in mirror' thread I had a breif discussion with Qui-Gon about seeing an auric shadow around the shadow of myself. My previous experiences with this did not make a heap of sence because only solid matter should be able to cast a shodow not energy. So I decided I would do some experiments and here is what Ive found.

Dispite all logic I do indeed see a distict aura around my own shadow and the shadows of other creatures. Where as earlier I remembered it as being a band of 'shadow' that was of a lesser magnitude of darkness then the actual shadow in the space the etheric layer occupies on an actual physical body, I have found that the shadow aura is brighter than the surrounding darkness. Make sence?

If I sit on the top of my outside steps with the porch light above and behind me (at night) a shadow is cast on the cement at the bottom of the steps. By looking at my shodow on this white cement I see around the outside of my shadow a band of bright light almost as bright as the 'real' ethric layer. I lifted my cat in the air so she would cast a shadow and she had the same, however smaller.

While I do not understand the hows and whys of this I do see it, and to pretend it dosent exist because it does not  seem posible is silly. Also my auric sight while developing rapidly is nothing out of the ordinary. While I can see a lot of the aura beyond the ethric I do not see it in colour properly yet. So this is not likely to be any kind of advanced auric sight- simply because Im not yet.

Any ideas?

Best regards

David

Veni Vidi Vici