News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

dejavu

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileySpirit14

dejavu is my life. i have more dejavu then regularness...i dont experience dizzyness or nausea, but i might have a clue to what causes it for u. same thing happened to me except with TK. everytime i did it i was so overwhelmed and shocked, which leaves u feeling drained. its so exiting for u to have dejavu that it overwhelmes you, and so fatique takes place. just remember its not a big deal and dejavu isnt the greatest thing. eventually it will go away!
live forever or die trying

Kalonek

quote:
Originally posted by distant bell

Any ideas about what dejavu really is, just a trick of the mind or a real glimpse into the futre and then back again?

As i have already expained in an old thread on the subject, i have been in close contact with university members in my city studying this phenomen, with brain wave analyser etc on patients who were experiencing a lot of them. What has come from this study is that the déjà-vu is the result of a momentary dysfonctionment of the brain, which put a very recent memory in the "old memory" part of the brain, giving to the person experiening it the feeling that the scene feels like having already been lived, but without more details, just that faint feeling. This is for the strict sense of déjà-vu. But if the scene is seen before it happens, then it's no more déjà-vu but precognition.
- Ama et fac quod vis -
www.astralsight.com

twstedrage

I have visions of the future on a regular basis. It seems like dejavu in a way to me at first but as I get to concentrating better on what I see all the time it is less deja vu and more I saw this before. I have never had dizziness for precognative abilities to see the future. However my empathic abilities have become so overwhelming that it makes me dizzy and the feeling of being drained. So I am thinking it could be what smileyspirit said.
Well I am breathing so I guess I am still alive even though the signs seem to tell me otherwise -- TOOL

distant bell

Thanks for your replies.
It's actually not me who has this dejavu combined with energy loss and nausea, it is my girlfriend. So I can only say what she has told me in second hand. Well, anyways, as everybody else, I have had deja vu too. I have to say that I still am very interested in what the phenomen really is.

"which put a very recent memory in the "old memory" part of the brain, giving to the person experiening it the feeling that the scene feels like having already been lived"

This seems to be what you could expect to hear from the sicentific world. I'm not saying that it is untrue, but some science is always limited because it has to find the explanation within a certain field. If the brain would store the memory in the old memorys compartment.. would it not be wierd if you under a longer period,lets say a few minutes, feel constantly that what happens in the present has been experienced before, that this should actually be memories? Can you experience the present in memories? I thought that the whole idea of present experience is that it is not a memorie. I really lack the knowledge in this fild- but at the same time I suspect that brain scientists actually do too. They are pretty much working with abstract theoris too. (I am at the university myself, and know that science not has to be very sceintifical al the time, a lot of it is actually ideas and theories..)  

Another interesting thing is dejavu within dreams. That you dream that you do or se something that you have done before, and then after waking up have a feeling that you have had this dream before many times.

distant bell

Has anybody experienced that the dejavu comes together with a feeling of dissiness and nausea, and leaving you drained of energy?
What could be the cause for this? Any ideas about what dejavu really is, just a trick of the mind or a real glimpse into the futre and then back again? What about dejavu in dreams?
Thanks for any interesting replies!