News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Startling images when meditating...

Previous topic - Next topic

FadeEsdrasX

Okay during meditation I have come across at times when a sharp sound occurs i see writting in a language I do not know. Its usually black writting onto of white flashing light. It only lasts a second or two. I'd like someones input on this please.

-Fade :-)

[N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L]

jilola

interesting.
For me, when something unexpected - like a sharp sound -  occurs I get a checkerboard visualisation in black and white.
Sometimes it's regular but often slightly skewed into diamond shapes.

I haven't been able to figure out what that means.

2cents & L&L
Jouni

FadeEsdrasX

What comes to mind is it sounds like a veil. As if its your barrier though thats just my imput.

-Fade

CFTraveler

It's normal when you reach a certain state- aural hallucinations a.k.a.  astral noise.  It's the same type of sympton as the visual hypnagogics, It can be a pop, whooshing, screeching, and even sometimes voices.  Sounds awful and can be startling but actually normal.  It's an indicator of being near the trance/pre-projection state.

erynys

omg, when i just close my eyes, i can see colored stars, black and white checkerboards kind of zooming out almost like a kaleidoscope. when i was a kid, and i was bored in class, i used to just sit there and look at the checkerboard zoom at me. i never thought anything of it. i always  thought that when i closed my eyes, my eyes rolled back and i could see my brain. weird. what is this checkerboard anyway? and yeah, i hear screaming voices in my ear when im falling asleep. its really common. especially when they wake me up to finish homework.
im not really THAT psychic. i just like to pretend that i am. :)

CFTraveler

Sounds like you're a natural projector.  The 'stars' and checkerboard pattern could be you're already projected into the astral.  Even though that 's not how I see it, the checkerboard patterns could be described as 'astral locales'.  Next time, (when you're home alone, not in class or anything) try to melt into the pattern or fly to one of the stars.  You'll find yourself OB.

ps. Sounds like your noises are looking out for you. :-)

erynys

its easy to do. i just close my eyes, and put a little bit of pressure on them. i tried shooting energy into the dark space, but all i saw was an image of an old radio on a shelf. whats interesting is that i can move energy around in my head, and ill see it in color.

Doringo

Oh, I get those too (the stars and checkboards, and occasionally tendrils of light) but I always thought it was my eyes being funny. :-)
All men are equal in death.

erynys

yah. but if i dont add pressure, i just see the stars, and sometimes wormholes and flower based grids. i like making shapes with energy, and then watching them form in my eyes.

Vvid1012

Hey Fade,  I see occasional writing in text pop up as well.  Only its in english! haha  If you keep practicing noticing images that pop up.. you'll be able to hold that state longer.  I sometimes see images pop 20 seconds after closing my eyes now.  Then the images start becoming dream segments and so on...its very interesting :)

Sounds are pretty common too...after a while of listening to random noise.. they start to say some weird excrement... sometimes true.  I believe its channeling related :)  I would almost recommend straying away from learning to hear people...annoying

FadeEsdrasX

Recently there have been flashes of light that seem to make my body warm and tingle. They make loud  high pierceing sounds and are mostly green colored. I have asked around but no one can give me any input.

LittleJoe

In the first week of practicing AP, an image of a nun would pop up all the time. She was had a slight tan, earrings and looked extremely angry. Startled me out of trance every day at least 2 times, it was quite annoying. Eventually it stopped luckily, and I started getting imagery that made more sense :-D

FadeEsdrasX

Quote from: Vvid1012 on May 04, 2007, 01:41:52
Hey Fade,  I see occasional writing in text pop up as well.  Only its in english! haha  If you keep practicing noticing images that pop up.. you'll be able to hold that state longer.  I sometimes see images pop 20 seconds after closing my eyes now.  Then the images start becoming dream segments and so on...its very interesting :)

Sounds are pretty common too...after a while of listening to random noise.. they start to say some weird excrement... sometimes true.  I believe its channeling related :)  I would almost recommend straying away from learning to hear people...annoying
I'll try to hold that state longer x3 Thank you for replying
its interesting that they become dream segments.

Mydral

Quote from: erynys on April 21, 2007, 10:11:43
yah. but if i dont add pressure, i just see the stars, and sometimes wormholes and flower based grids. i like making shapes with energy, and then watching them form in my eyes.

Careful: adding pressure to your eyes will result in an image at almost all times for anyone.
Don't add the pressure and concentrate on what you see. I see this constantly when meditating too, but I don't know how to go there like CF says ):
In somnis veritas

morning_star

i think the pressure helps induce the image. but i can also see images without applying pressure. it just takes me a little longer to focus. btw, the other night when i was looking at the stars, i saw a couple of weird things(with my eyes open). besides the fact that i saw faint white lines connecting the stars and forming constellations, and also the outline of a mandala, accompanied by a worm hole/vortex which was moving(all kinda faint depending on how hard i focused). i started to see a bunch of figures standing over me. too many to count. i saw their outlines first, and then more detail as i focused more, and i could see them also in my mind's eye. they were wearing thick white robes with a relaxed hood, like in lord of the rings or something. and under the hood was just shadow. but inside the shadow, i could see their eyes. they were normal human looking eyes. all of them were blue. i didnt feel any fear. i just noticed them. in my mind, i could see them all standing in rows surrounded by radiant golden light emanating from a white source above them. it was interesting. i tried to OBE, but it just wasnt gonna happen. it took enough energy just to focus enough to see these figures. anyway. tell me what you think. :)

FadeEsdrasX

Maybe allot of familiars? That is really interesting in any case...