News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Previous topic - Next topic

runlola

falsetigerlimbs

I believe that it could possibly help. Hallucinogens really do give you a completely new way of looking at your life. At the end of last year I had a particular experience with magic mushrooms that caused me to trip out over how many drugs I had been doing. It made me come clean to my parents about everything I had been doing, and rekindle my relationship with them.

The only problem is that all drugs are different for everyone. For me, acid didn't give me too much of a new perspective. I just had crazy visuals and euphoria, so I'm not too sure about acid being helpful for everyone. I mean, there's a big danger of someone having a bad trip, or perhaps seeing their life as hopeless which could cause them to sink even farther into alcoholism. Actually, what if the alcoholic enjoyed the LSD experience so much that they started doing drugs instead? Haha. That would be really ironic.

A while back I did read about some hallucinogenic pill that was supposed to be similar to LSD but was specifically intended to help alcoholics and recovering drug addicts. I'm not sure what happened with that though.

WalkerInTheWoods

You certainly like drugs don't you, Lola. ;) lol

Seriously if one dose helps a lot of people that is great ... except it is illegal.
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: WalkerInTheWoods on October 26, 2006, 07:53:39
Seriously if one dose helps a lot of people that is great ... except it is illegal.

If surfing the web, watching TV or reading a newspaper was banned, but you knew you could still do it without much risk of punishment, would you give it a shot? Assuming that you have much interest in what else is going on in the world outside of your community, anyway; perfectly understandable if you do not.

Whether or not LSD deserves to be illegal isn't even a discussion, imo. Maybe making it illegal to drive on it or for people to behave erratically in public would be reasonable, if any laws for the sake of general safety are ultimately legit in the first place.

And I think we all realize that Congress is not exactly a moral or even wholly logical authority of any sort.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

WalkerInTheWoods

Quote from: RunLola on October 26, 2006, 15:50:46
but it's not illegal if you get it from the doctor...

Is it not? I was under the impression that was even illegal, and that this was just an authorized study. I am not up on all the laws though. That is atleast something if you can get it from a doctor ...
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

WalkerInTheWoods

Quote from: no_leaf_clover on October 26, 2006, 13:04:38
If surfing the web, watching TV or reading a newspaper was banned, but you knew you could still do it without much risk of punishment, would you give it a shot? Assuming that you have much interest in what else is going on in the world outside of your community, anyway; perfectly understandable if you do not.

Whether or not LSD deserves to be illegal isn't even a discussion, imo. Maybe making it illegal to drive on it or for people to behave erratically in public would be reasonable, if any laws for the sake of general safety are ultimately legit in the first place.

And I think we all realize that Congress is not exactly a moral or even wholly logical authority of any sort.

I was simply stating the reality of the situation, not that I agree with it. I think that as long as they are not hurting anyone else adults should be able to consume whatever they wish. I would much rather have some serial rapist locked up in prison away from society than someone that takes weekend acid trips.

This brings up a question. If I know I have an alcohol problem and that LSD can help, why should I go to the doctor and pay the high doctor bill and probably a lot for the LSD when I could got get some from someone else at a much cheaper cost? And they wonder why healthcare is out of control.

no_leaf_clover

Quote from: WalkerInTheWoods on October 27, 2006, 08:16:24
Is it not? I was under the impression that was even illegal, and that this was just an authorized study. I am not up on all the laws though.

LSD is a Schedule I drug, which means the US DEA finds it to have (1) a high potential for "abuse" (a rather arbitrary requirement since acid is neither toxic nor addictive, is it not?), (2) no medical use, and (3) a lack of "accepted safety". There can't legally be prescriptions filled out for it, unless maybe the DEA itself gives permission.

no_leaf_clover

Wow, are there actually suppliers of medical LSD in Canada? I know it HAS been used for treating many psychological problems, from alcoholism to shizophrenia.

falsetigerlimbs

My mum knows an older lady who had to get some form of eye surgery where she had to be awake and her eyes had to be open, so they gave her LSD so she wouldn't know what was being done to her eye or something like that. They basically said she HAD to take it in order to have the surgery. I was shocked when I heard that, because I figured that would be illegal.

Stillwater

This is an intriguing finding, especially considering the implicit mechanism of "being outside oneself" mentioned in the article.

I would be surprised, though, that this particular drug would be considered for theraputic ends, in light of the side effects, such as "flashbacks", or recurrent experiences years later due to storage of the drug in spinal tissue. I am sure there are likely other hallucinogens producing comparable effects without the dangers associated with LSD.

Good find, Lola ;)
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic