News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Congress votes in 24 hours over telcom controlling the net

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerydust

Peace

It's in congress this week (and voted on in less than twenty four hours), that telecom companies are trying to gain control of the net, which would allow them to charge us for posting pics, downloading, and also dictate which sites we can access or not access...
Their greed has obviously grown out of bounds, and they aren't happy with their slice of the pie.
AT&T is the main company mentioned. I'm personally boycotting them.

Please visit the address at the bottom of this messgae to sign the petition to preserve net neutrality and keep their greedy paws off of our right to free speech, and internet freedom.

They are counting on people to sleep on this.
You can also place a call to your local congressman to let them know you aren't trying to hear it.
There is power in numbers, those with a darker agenda have proven that.
Your number will make a difference.

I visited the local library in hopes that they will generate flyers and spread the word. You could do the same or similiar and visit schools, or spread the word in the workplace, etc...

Place a call to your local congresswoman/man. You can likely find their contact info in the blue pages of your phone book or online.
Do this between today and early early yomorrow.
And spread the word. Remember power in numbers.

The beauty of Astralpulse could be a thing of the past if this passes, along with other valuable places and items on the net. This affects you, and everyone. Think about it.

Peace Eternal

http://www.savetheinternet.com
Though they may wish you to forget your nature, worry not, such a thing is impossible in the long run. It is only a placement test.

Vilkate

This is INSANE! People mustn't let this happen!  :protest:  :aargh:  :grrr:  :brickwall:
~Our name is Eternity~

On my way to the infinite universe of Light and Unity.

no_leaf_clover

If this passes, the internet won't be a medium for free speech for much longer. All the major corporations that own everything else in this country will buy out all more minor ISPs and etc. until anything can be censored from your web and you would have no idea. Websites would have to pay more for more bandwidth, and minor sites wouldn't be able to afford staying on the web at all.

Then where would you turn for truly free speech? For a wealth of raw information that you can weigh and consider on your own? Your TV set? Fox and CNN? This is horrible. It's insane the negative impact this could have on good information exchange all over the world.

The institutions that run this country are going completely over our heads now and hardly anyone has the sense enough to tell anymore. If this passes, and it probably will, the masses in this country will get exactly what they deserve.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

om

mactombs

Relax. Increased exposure to advertising is good for you. Take a sip of Coke and think about how it makes the world sing in harmony, and chill out. Life is about consuming. You need more things. Shopping makes you happy. Work meaningless jobs to spend money on leisure. Everybody wants to be a part of the machine. Don't worry. Just relax and entertain yourself. Everything will be taken care of for you.
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

El-Bortukali

Tá mo chroí istigh ionat

cainam_nazier

DO you honestly think that this will happen.  Personally I don't even think it is real.  But I could be wrong.  Besides I have lived with out the Internet before, should this actually happen.  Plus honestly you can not suddenly control a global entity.  It just can't happen.  But lets say for what even reason some one manages to say "hey, no more Internet unless you pay."  Well it would only truly effect the servers operating in the US.  And there would really only have to be one small group of people to say no.  And they would be the ones who actually own the servers that 60-80 percent of the Internet traffic travels through.  Which are located in California.  tinkle those guys off, they flip switch, and bye bye Internet.

Besides we could just as easily go back to BBS's in a mass revolt and they couldn't a thing about it.  With the way computers are now versus 15 years ago it would be even easier.

Ben K

Quote from: El-Bortukaliif you don't like it  you can always die lol.
are you serious?

hahahaha
EXPERIENCE IS KNOWLEDGE