News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Mediums: Talking to the Dead

Previous topic - Next topic

Sampson

Hi,
Many thanks for the links, I hope to try and get to see each of the episodes. Everyman documentaries are usually very good, hopefully this one will be a balanced and impartial look at mediumship.

I'm not familiar with any of the mediums taking part in the show so that should prove to be interesting too.

My sister has had a reading with Derek Acorah that contained some astonishingly accurate information, my mother has also had readings in a spiritualist church that were also very accurate and incidentally the spirit that came through was the same on both occasions.

What are the workshops like that you went to? Were they like the development groups that are often held at spiritualist churches?

It's something that fascinates me greatly but due to my living abroad and other personal issues regarding the subject it's something that I can't really explore as I would wish.

Many thanks again for the information!
'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.'

William Blake ('Auguries of Innocence')

Eol007

Hi Sampson,

As well as home/closed circle work - the courses I have attended have been very much along the lines of development groups/circles as run in spiritualist churches. In the UK there are a number of respectable organisations running workshops and longer courses which give students opportunity to refine their gifts/talents and seek deeper connection with their own spiritual nature etc.

I understand that a number of UK tutors run workshops in Holland, Italy and Switzerland; however I am not sure about Luxemburg.

You will find some useful links on this thread: -

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11492

Cheers,

Stephen

Sampson

Many thanks for the link to the thread, there is plenty there to keep me happy for quite a while, especially with all of the links as well!

I have out of curiosity had a look around Luxembourg for Spiritualist churches or development groups but it's quite a small country and there doesn't appear to be any groups established yet, not that I know of anyway.

I have heard of some groups in Belgium and France but it wouldn't be too practical for me to go to these, and even if there was one in Luxembourg this would prove to be quite awkward anyway.

Thanks again for all of your information[:)]

Eol007

Hi Sampson,

I am sure you will find something that will suit your needs. Spirit or divine providence (whatever label) tends to provide when one opens their heart to the call.

One suggestion would be to setup your own group of like minded people locally and invite a teacher to come along perhaps to do a workshop with you.

Most responsible and respectable mediums in the UK look for no more than expenses (travel costs/overnight accommodation etc) only, as they tend to do their work out of love, any more smacks of greed in my mind!

However respectable full-time professional mediums do tend to charge more, but this should not be a burdensome levy, and often they will donate part of their income from workshops to good causes. Incidentally full time does not imply that they are anymore talented than those demonstrating their gift in their own time – as it's all about service for a greater cause really!

Best,

Stephen [:)]

kiauma

I thought the John Edward show 'Crossing Over' was good.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

Eol007

quote:
Originally posted by kiauma

I thought the John Edward show 'Crossing Over' was good.

Yes, Edwards is good, although he does seem to have developed a bit of a habit of asking leading questions rather than providing firm evidence!

With the tame token I have learnt a lot from watching the way he works (for instance: knowing where to go in the audience, or ascertaining the generation, sex, and relationship of the communicator etc). His 1st book is worth reading, although it is biographical rather than a teaching or philosophical text.

Smith, however would knock the socks of Edwards (said with respect) – so if you get a chance to get to see him work, then please do so: see: http://www.thepsychicbarber.co.uk/pa.html

Also a medium called Stephen Holbrook was also on last nights Everyman program. I have also seen him work and he is showy yet genuine and works primarily with pure clairaudience. See: http://www.steveholbrook.co.uk/ His book 'The Light in the Darkness' is worth a peep.

What I noticed from watching the show last night was not just the importance of examining the reality of continued existence and the ability of some of today's popular mediums (however genuine), but more importantly the moral questions pertaining to the well being of bereaved people on this side of the veil! Although there was little analysis forthcoming in the 1st program, hopefully they will examine the question in more depth in later episodes.

I wait with bated breath!

Cheers,

Stephen

Sampson

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the kind advice, I like what you said about 'Spirit or divine providence (whatever label) tends to provide when one opens their heart to the call', sometimes things can just fall in your lap or you get a gentle nudge in the right direction from the most unexpected places, I've had it happen before!

By the way, I have ordered some of Doris Stokes's books from Amazon: Voices A Doris Stokes Collection: "Voices in My Ear" & "More Voices in My Ear".
I never considered or thought about reading any of her books in the past, but chanced across an interesting review, apparently her first book is very good reading.

Thanks again

S

Eol007

quote:
Originally posted by Sampson

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the kind advice...
A pleasure [:)]
quote:
...or you get a gentle nudge in the right direction from the most unexpected places, I've had it happen before!
Glad you trust your higher self[^]
quote:
...Doris Stokes's books...  apparently her first book is very good reading.
Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,

Stephen

Eol007

New Everyman series on BBC

Mediums: Talking to the Dead

'Gordon Smith, 'psychic barber' They say they can talk to the dead, prove there is life after death and deliver messages to the grieving from beyond the grave. With extraordinary access, Talking to the Dead lifts the veil on mediumship in Britain and follows four different mediums as they give sittings to the bereaved, investigate hauntings and train aspiring mediums to hone their skills.'

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/everyman/index.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/09_september/17/mediums.shtml

For my part I have been lucky to see Gordon Smith work on a number of occasions and have taken workshops with under his tutelage and am more than confident that he is absolutely genuine (forgive the name dropping). Blind medium Sharon Neill is also worth looking out for, although I have not seen her work live and only via her TV appearances [:)]. As to the Hamilton-Parker couple I retain the right to remain silent and therefore non-judgemental [xx(]

Should be an interesting set of programmes to entertain and will hopefully have at least some educational if not spiritual value.

Cheers,

Stephen [:)]