A good side of effect of practicing astral projection.

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasmaAstralProjection

I noticed that one of the side effects that I got to trying to astral project was the ability to really focus my mind to a point of consciousness in the middle of my head/mind almost. I've been able to do this before but it seems easier now. When I first started meditating years ago I really had to use will power to get to that place that seems to come much easier now.

I've heard it said that meditation is the art of focusing on everything and nothing at the same time. Well I'm getting closer to actually doing that.

PlasmaAstralProjection

I find myself spontaneously slipping into a meditative, centered state of mind periodically throughout the day.

soki

Yes I have an excellent article on this consciousness movement towards inside of our head. From that point you can let go and get deeper within yourself. It is the natural movement that our mind does when going to sleep. I'll give you the link of the article it's in french though I don't know if you can understand it if you have questions on something you don't understand I'll be happy to help. It's an excellent read and the best way I've seen to deepen the consciousness. It makes you really control it, and you can go deep in yourself faster. It's also a technique in itself, without being one. You can project just by doing this in its entirety. Well that's the technique's goal. When you talk about putting your consciousness in the middle of your head, that's the first step of the whole process. Here it is:
http://astralsight.celeonet.fr/temp/Affinement%20de%20la%20conscience%20(2009).pdf

Article from Kalonek of Astralsight.com

PlasmaAstralProjection

That link is a really good one. Though I wish it was in English. I had to use google translate to read it and I still had trouble here and there reading it. Other than that I really liked the article. The part of him talking about using internal music to guild oneself inward reminds me of inner sound current meditation.

THE INNER SOUND CURRENT
www.spiritualforums.com/vb/archive/index.php?t-3703.html

soki

Yes as I say it is the best way I think of learning how to focus your consciousness far from the physical. It makes you get the feel of it and you get to go really deep inside. Once I couyld make this point of consciousness out of my body within a range of one foot around my body. I could exteriorise my consciousness, I was outside my body while being inside it's hard to explain really. Let's say my center of perception was outside my body and I could make it move around it within a range of one foot from any body part. My thoughts, my feelings all came from there, I was there. Practicing what he explains in this article brings you to advanced meditation experiementations and leads to OOBE. Tell me the parts you don't understand I'll translate them for you. If enough people showed interest in it I could translate the whole text...

PlasmaAstralProjection

I'll reread it and see if there are some parts I would like to be translated. It might take me a while. Other than that I know kind of what your talking about with moving you consciousness around your body. Though I haven't gotten that far. Since most of my consciousness is still mind based. Meaning I haven't been able to clearly stabilize my consciousness in my body yet. I do remember once I was lacking sleep and I went to meditate my energetic arms got really really big. I could feel them expand. From what I read the astral body does this every night in order to absorb cosmic energy. That is why some people don't use beds with springs since supposedly the springs prevent the astral body from fully expanding.

I know of a spiritual master named Xan that can feel into her heart. The heart actually has a magnetic field of 10 feet or so. And she can feel into her heart space. That is what I want to eventually be able to do.

soki

Sounds nice and you gotta be very deep for sure. I think that by interiorising your consciousness as explained in the article, you might get close to that goal and you will experiment many interesting things. One interesting thing: try to count from 50 to 0 and visualise precisely something in your head. You won't be able to do it unless you make your consciousness point go in the middle of your head, it is the starting point of his method, what is called the initial state. At this point you will be able to have two things on your mind at the exact same time, giving them the exact same importance. Which means you don't focus on one more than the other, the two are equally clear in your mind. This is where you feel like being in the middle of your head. From there you deepen, by reproducing the feeling of closing your inner eyes. Not your physical eyes, imagine you have eyes that see the black behind your eyes. These eyes see the light flashes behind your eyelids, they see the images occuring in your inner vision. Feel as if you were closing a second pair of eyes, it will make you go deeper instantly. That is what is called ''Affinement de la Conscience''. I wouldn't know how to say it in english, maybe ''Refinement of the Consciousness''... By going deeper, you release some of your awareness each time, going deeper within you. Closer to sleep. The interiorisation of the consciousness makes you feel dizzy, as if you were caught in a mental whirlwind. You stop and stabilise your point of consciousness. You are now less aware of your spatial environment (your bedroom) and your body. It REALLY removes the attention from the physical. You will begin feeling as you go deeper, being somewhere within you. I already felt at hips level, as if I were there but not in the same ''plan''. It's really hard to explain, it made me believe Frank Kepple's theory, that our consciousness exists somewhere else, not in the physical. I could feel as if I were at hip level, inside me, but in a much bigger place than my body could have been. As if there is a dimension overlaying the physical and my consciousness was on this other ''plane'', but it in the physical it would have been at hip level inside me. Whatever I'll stop with my thoughts and analysis of the experience. So you will end up being deep within you, feeling as if you were in a much bigger place. You end up being a little dot of consciousness, the point of a needle in a sea kind of feeling. If you were physically like you feel you are in these moments, you would be in a room in which you couldn't see the walls even if there were some and you were looking straight in their direction. The mental movement of closing your inner eyes makes you put a barrier in front of all your thoughts. Once you did it once, stabilise your new inner position, take the time to get used to being that deep, and when you can maintain it without coming back up to the middle of your head, make the action of closing your inner eyes again. Do it all again until you project or you reach a deep state perfect for meditation (well I think one of meditation's goal is to reach such a deep state). When you feel like you can't deepen your consciousness anymore, you can try coming back to your physical eyes instantly and opening yourself to your spatial feeling (the feeling of being in your bedroom). You will feel a swirling sensation and the vibrations will kick in. I never succeded to get out that way myself but I did reach the vibrations many times. Since you are so deep within yourself, opening yourself to your spatial feeling (noticing your physical environment, thinking about where your tv is, where you are situated in the room, how big it is etc-that is spatial feeling) will make you feel all of the above sensations. Or you can choose to deepen your consciousness until you end up in astral projection. The other way is said to bring you to RTZ. You can decide to meditate and stay as deep as you are. When you get really deep you feel sooooo good it's crazy. I don't know how to explain but you feel really good, better than you ever felt. It's a sensation of well-being, emotionnally, mentally, and physically. It's all up to you to see it by yourself!  :-)

At the beginning you probably won't be able to go really deep (you say you do meditate, it will be of a great help) or maybe you already did it when meditating without noticing and it will be easier. By practicing it you get really good and you end up like a sharp point of awareness. I say sharp because you really gotta maintain firmly your awareness so you don't drift towards parasite thoughts and sleep. The deeper you get, the harder it becomes maintaining your awareness. Do not put your attention on the mental images too much, keep focused on the technique. That is a short version of what he explains in the article with my own thoughts. It's definitely worth the try, even for meditation purpose! It was my meditation technique which I am not using anymore (I now love to use visualisation to be in beautiful places and relax while interacting with the environment). Enjoy!

PlasmaAstralProjection

First of all thanks for writing that out. It helps a bit to understand how to do this. I am eager to try it out. Though I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Quote from: soki on March 10, 2015, 03:36:53Once you did it once, stabilise your new inner position, take the time to get used to being that deep, and when you can maintain it without coming back up to the middle of your head, make the action of closing your inner eyes again.........
Can you explain this more, about coming back up to the middle of your head?

PlasmaAstralProjection

I got another question Soki. Where do you feel like you close your inner eye's? I think I was only able to moderately close my inner eye's when I focused really hard on my third eye and especially my crow chakra, while also squinting my eye's. Though I did get pretty deep, I still have a ways to go until I can get where you were at.

I have thoughts about using very small amounts of marijuana in order to help me get into my body. IDK if I will actually do that. Regardless if I will do that or not I still have a lot of work ahead of me.

soki

For sure I'll clarify with pleasure! Closing the inner eyes is hard to get the first time but once done, you will be able to easily do it again. The hardest part of this whole technique is getting to the initial state and you already got it. So just to make sure you know, these inner eyes don't exist. It's to help you get the feel of the mental action you're gonna perform. So you imagine you have inner eyes, which see everything your brain sees when you have your eyes closed (light patterns, flashes, visualisations, etc) and you try to get the feel of closing them. A trick I can give you is try to feel as if you were closing your physical eyes, but without forcing. And you really gotta start from the middle of your head, the initial state or it won't work. Imagine how it would feel to close your eyes a second time, even if they're closed. You will feel as if you're curled up inside of yourself, like you got into a foetal position. It makes you concentrate towards your ''inner space''. Closing these inner eyes makes you put aside ANY thought, image, or whatever that could come to your mind for the whole time you maintain the feeling. After stopping this mental movement (it will be hard maintaining it at the beginning), you will be way deeper within yourself than you were before doing it. Your mind will be far from the physical but as with any other technique, if you think about your body, you get surprised over a sensation or whatever you encounter, you will come back to the point in the middle of your head. It feels as if you zoom in on your inner space, and you zoom out to the point in the middle of your head. It will happen for sure at the beginning unless you are already advanced in meditation enough to be able to maintain your ''position'' within yourself. Don't allow yourself to give attention to all your thoughts. By moving as deep as that inside of you, you will begin to feel a distance between you and your thoughts. As if somebody else were thinking them for you. You are not the source of these thoughts and images, and that state of mind really helps you noticing it. Let's say your watching tv. Your thoughts are going on inside the tv and you're really close to it so it appears as if it was right in front of you, the tv is your whole visual field, your reality. When you go deep within yourself, you step away from the tv. So you feel more and more space getting between you and the tv (your thoughts). You can still watch them, but it will feel as if they're far and they're easy to ignore. But if you let yourself put attention on them, even the slightest bit, and you are deep, it will catch you like a storm. You'll get caught in your thoughts and will probably fall asleep or come back to the initial state. Getting the twist will be a little challenge at the begining but once you did it 5 times you really mastered the technique, it really is simple in fact. The hardest part is understanding what to do in order to feel what I'm talking about because you never felt it, like closing your inner eyes. After you closed your inner eyes, you will have to maintain your focus. Because it will want to go back to the middle of your head since it's not used to being there. That's what I meant by stabilise your awareness. Make sure you can stay there without going back up to the point of your head. Take the time to observe how it feels being as deep as you are to be able to do it again afterward before deepening (closing your inner eyes) again. Then when you are ready just keep on like that! Have fun!  :-)

PlasmaAstralProjection

Thanks for typing all that out. I still likely reread what you have written and keep practicing until I get it or have more questions. So again thanks.

soki