Am I close to achieving Astral Projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

SEAGER

Hey I started using the "How I got out for the first time."  technique about 2 weeks ago and what normally happened during the first week is that I would fall to sleep. At the start of the second week I would fall to sleep like normal then have a lucid experience within my dream, but yesterday I felt the "Concrete Blanket" sensation of sleep paralysis set in and it felt like my actual blanket started to get heavy'er and push me into the bed. Today I felt the sleep paralysis again but it was more like being paralysed rather than having a heavy blanket on top of me. I started to sit up, well tried to but it was really hard I managed to position my head up and could see an object in my bedroom that wasn't actually there before so I came to the conclusion that I was seeing my room on the astral pane as I also had a mind-fold on but could still see! Its safe to say when I woke up physically I jumped around my room with joy!  :lol:

I just wanted to share this experience to ask if this is the right sort of experience before I actually pop out and any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Love & Light!!!

EscapeVelocity

This sounds like a very normal and natural progression towards your first OBE. It can seem like impossibly small steps but this is often the necessary, slow process as our consciousness adjusts/acclimates itself to the new environment, the Non-Physical environment. There are consciousness adjustments taking place that are minute and well beyond our current understanding; we just have to trust in the process and the slow development that it follows.

Stay calm as you are doing so far and go with the flow as it is presented. Be open to an OBE exit or a NP Phase exit however it presents itself. You are close to your goal. Well done!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

FuzzyQuills

Dude, it seems you have gotten closer than I did! :) (I use the same technique, albeit with a few modifications... :D) I don't get the pressed down feeling though, what happens to me is that I will start seeing or hearing random things, then my ears start vibrating as if a really strong wind (or heartbeat? I have no idea, it's sort of like an intensified version of the sound you hear when yawning) was hitting my ears. And that night, I was able to open my eyes and look around. Whether it was my physical eyes or my NP ones though, I have no idea.
This world's Captain Falcon; A title I will pass down to a chosen one when I leave this dimension.

SEAGER

Yay! It's good to know I'm on the right track! Thanks for the reply's, any advice and similar experiences help me to gauge my progression. Hey fuzzy why don't you try using a blindfold of sorts, so that next time you look around you will know if it's pysical or astral.

Thanks again!

Edit: also I do use a modified version of that technique, only difference really being my preparation.

First thing I get into bed and put on my mind fold and earplugs (these really help).

Second I pray to high levels of consciousness for protection and guidance.

Third I protect myself with white light

Fourth just listen to the in ear tones, buzz' or any inner sounds...and fall to sleep.

Aaron330

Quote from: SEAGER on June 12, 2015, 15:52:31
Yay! It's good to know I'm on the right track! Thanks for the reply's, any advice and similar experiences help me to gauge my progression. Hey fuzzy why don't you try using a blindfold of sorts, so that next time you look around you will know if it's pysical or astral.

Thanks again!

Edit: also I do use a modified version of that technique, only difference really being my preparation.

First thing I get into bed and put on my mind fold and earplugs (these really help).

Fourth just listen to the in ear tones, buzz' or any inner sounds...and fall to sleep.

Quote from: SEAGER on June 12, 2015, 15:52:31

Thanks again!

My process is almost exactly the same lol. For me to get out, its all about the ringing and buzzing sounds in my ears.
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.