Blown by the strobe...

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Look, I don't want to sound rude, or anything, but my posting to this BBS is the first time I have ever made contact with others on this whole subject.  

I just want to say that the "Astral Realms" are pretty flaming wierd.  You cannot start questioning, "Oh, I saw this flashing light what am I going to do?"

In the Astral Realms there are lights you could never imagine you would ever see.  There are sounds that you couldn't possibly describe. There are different kinds of beings you come across that you could never imagine existed.

But they are all within you, and you must have faith in the fact that you can never be harmed by it all.  In the sense that the whole experience is a natural discovery process that the "supreme being" is wanting you to have.  

Gosh, decades ago, I was SO scared of every little sound and every little vibration caused a fear... a fear so big that it felt like someone was about to end my life at that moment.

Yours,
Frank

n/a

Hello Tia,

This may sound dorky but, I too get these bright flashes or strobes, usually with popping or clicking sounds as these lights flash.  They seem to eminate from the forehead area or top of the head.  Behind closed eyelids it looks like someone is turning off and on the light switch in the room!  

And here's the dorky part...
    If I move my eyes down toward the tip of my nose or a little further, the flashes aren't so bright and annoying. As looking slightly away from where they originate.

When I do get these flashes of light, it usually means it's gonna be a rough ride to OBE.  I try to calm them down first to a soft glow, then go back to the Obe process.  

It's like having a power surge, you have to spread it out evenly or the system won't work.     Good Luck!

Nightflier...

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey Frank, what do you mean the beings are within oneself?  Are you saying all beings one meet in the astral should be imaginary beings or what?´  Cause that I would disagree with...  I don´t think that was what you meant though..

Tia, flickering lights, sound, and other sensations seems to be very common in connection with OBE´s and OBE attempts, and shouldn´t be over analyzed I´d reckon. Me myself has never heard any sounds or had any flickering though, but the vibrations, them I´ve encountered the more even though I´m an OBE novice...  it seems to be very individual what type of sensations one will experience, they are all exciting though, the thing is to make them non-exciting, so one doesn´t get distracted by them...  remember to be merely a passive observer to these sensations, responding to them would most likely ruin a good OBE attempt.   Since I haven´t yet succeeded floating out, I can´t say how long I have to put up with the sensations before "leaving", but the two times I felt I was VERY close I had the vibrations for what seemed like 3 minutes give and take 1 or 2...   how fast I encounter the vibrations vary of course, but I most often get them rather quickly, perhaps 5-15 minutes after relaxing the physical body satisfyingly(sp?).

All the best in your future attempts, perhaps we´ll bump into each other out there, until then, take care// Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey nightflier, what´s this you are interrested in anti-gravity devices??
 Are you familiar with zero point energy and "those kinda stuff"?´
    If you succeed building one let me know ey´...  be well// Qui-Gon

Frank

quote:

Hey Frank, what do you mean the beings are within oneself?  Are you saying all beings one meet in the astral should be imaginary beings or what?´  Cause that I would disagree with...  I don´t think that was what you meant though..

Tia, flickering lights, sound, and other sensations seems to be very common in connection with OBE´s and OBE attempts, and shouldn´t be over analyzed I´d reckon. Me myself has never heard any sounds or had any flickering though, but the vibrations, them I´ve encountered the more even though I´m an OBE novice...  it seems to be very individual what type of sensations one will experience, they are all exciting though, the thing is to make them non-exciting, so one doesn´t get distracted by them...  remember to be merely a passive observer to these sensations, responding to them would most likely ruin a good OBE attempt.   Since I haven´t yet succeeded floating out, I can´t say how long I have to put up with the sensations before "leaving", but the two times I felt I was VERY close I had the vibrations for what seemed like 3 minutes give and take 1 or 2...   how fast I encounter the vibrations vary of course, but I most often get them rather quickly, perhaps 5-15 minutes after relaxing the physical body satisfyingly(sp?).

All the best in your future attempts, perhaps we´ll bump into each other out there, until then, take care// Qui-Gon

All the beings you see, everything that you experience... whether on the physical plane or otherwise... happens within you.

But... Imaginary???

NO WAY!!!!!

What one experiences, by venturing within, is a true sense of REALITY.

Yours,
Frank  

Qui-Gon Jinn

Well, I know what you mean...  even though I wouldn´t say every being I encounter "happens" or "is" in me, but it´s a matter of philosophy and viewpoint of course.
Of course we are all made of the same star dust and everything I encounter is experienced "within", even though it´s not actually IN me...  hmmm..  Anyway, I get your point, just curious what you meant by saying "they are all within you", take care// Qui-Gon

Mobius

Hi Tia, a similar thing has been talked about in the topic
"Slapped on the forehead?" & the strobe was believed to be your
brow chakra or pineal gland being activated.A bit worrying I know
but it leads to greater experiences.
Good Luck

All the best on your journeys

Mobius

Froggman

Yes, Frank, I agree with Qui Gon, are you saying that the Astral Realms are inner realms that are different for each individual person, as if a private little wonderland?  This concept contradicts a lot of the astral philosiphies that have been established.  Of course, we are all ONE but, do you see the planes as INNER realms or, as most have agreed, one actual place of existance that anyone could visit?

Just curious, need clarification.

Frank

There are two issues here: In my original post I meant it against the background of Astral encounters always being within one's capacity to control, i.e. you cannot ultimately be harmed by any of it. In the sense that, on the physical, if there is an object that you do not want to see (for whatever reason) you simply turn away. If there's someone you don't like, then you simply avoid them, etc.  

However, I've come across people in the past who visited Astral realms and were repeatedly subject to bad experiences of one kind or another. They did not, for some reason, realise that with a little practice it is just as easy to "turn away" from some bad entity in the Astral realms, as it is on the physical.        

The second issue is about the fact that, ultimately, whether on the Astral or the physical, all experiences occur within us. And I would wholeheartedly agree with the poster who stated, "...Of course we are all made of the same star dust and everything I encounter is experienced "within", even though it´s not actually IN me..."

Yours,
Frank

Tia

Umm, Thanks Frank (I think)...

Nightflier, if I experience the strobe again, I will try your trick of looking down, away from it - I just hope it wasn't a one-off experience and that I do get another chance...

Thanks Qi-Gon Jim, I cant help but analyze these things, they are so weird.  And where else can you talk about it?  "Guess what, saw a flickering light and pinned to the couch by the heart...."  
"Errr... Tia, just try this jacket on, dont mind the extra long sleeves and the straps..."

Mobius - I sure hope so!  

kifyre

quote:
"Guess what, saw a flickering light and pinned to the couch by the heart...."
"Errr... Tia, just try this jacket on, dont mind the extra long sleeves and the straps..."

LOL! Indeed.

Qui-Gon Jinn

quote:
"Errr... Tia, just try this jacket on, dont mind the extra long sleeves and the straps...

.....and swallow these yummie blue, red and neon green pills..." lol

Be well// Qui-Gon Jinn, or perhaps I should go with Qi-Gon Jim hahaa...  sounded pretty cool..

PeacefulWarrior

I shouldn't comment, but I will.  I just wanted to say that there is definetly a feeling of contention on this thread, nothing serious of course.  I think Frank made a great point in his original post about pushing any fear away and letting things happen...I don't profess to be an authority in anyway on this subject, but I do know that fear is the root of almost every obstacle we face, and it's competely created by US.  Once we begin to realize this, then nothing is impossible...of course it's easier said than done.

Qui-Gon Jinn: I think you need to just come out and admit to Frank and others your fascination with UFO's and the like.  When Frank said everything is WITHIN, I think I understood what he meant and that doesn't mean I need to agree with him 100%.  I think a better way of dealing with this comment would be to inquire more deeply about his personal beliefs.  

Anyway, about the whole Strobe thing...I would definelty have to agree that this topic, or one very similar, was previously discussed under the title of "Slapped on the Forehead" or something of that nature.

Peace to all!

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

PeacefulWarrior

EXCUSE THE FORMAT- Copying and pasting is always a pain...
IN regards to what this topic has led to ("Franks idea")

I don't necessarily think along this lines exclusively, but DeGarcia does and here's what he has to say:
(taken from:
http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/monroe-books-review.html

By Don DeGracia (72662.1335@CompuServe.COM):

Hi

I too read UJ with some disapointment. First, it makes sense that Monroe was both BB *and*
                    the INSPEC. If anything, this should be a lesson to all you OBEers out there about what a large
                    role the psychological process of "projection" plays during OBEs. (i.e. the projecting of ones
                    psyche onto the content of the OBE experience) Don't forget, these are journeys into the inner
                    realms of one's mind. If you go OBE and want to believe everything that happnes to you there is
                    not somehow related to your own internal psychology, then you are deluded to whatever extent
                    you fail to realize this. In other words, Monroe's final book is a beautiful illustation of how the
                    mind can concoct the most elaborate fantasies imaginable as a sheer expresion of itself.

Now, this is not to say that Monroe's experiences are "mere fantasy". However, it seems to me
                    increadible that Monroe himself was so nieve as to take all these "adventures" at face value
                    without realizing that it was he himself creating all this and that all he was perceiveing was
                    himself.

The other thing I found extrodinarily disapointing about UJ was Monroe's journey to the very
                    edge of "the Source". Monroe was a hair's breath away from coming into direct contact with the
                    source of all existence, yet he didn't. He perceived this force as too overwhelming for him to
                    deal with. If anything, this was a symbol from Monroe to himself telling him that he should
                    lighten up a bit. Afterall, the source of all existence permeates all things constantly. It is not far
                    from us in any sense. It *is* us. To envision this source as something overwhelming, and
                    seperate from us is not right. If anything, in Monroe's case, this was a symbol of just how far
                    seeped he is in his physical personality. In other words, the symbolism of his journey to the
                    source, and failure to get there, was a message to Monroe from his own subconsciousness
                    indicating the need to relax his ego.

If there is any reasonable take home message from UJ, its that, in large part, the OBE is a
                    product of your own mind, and what you experience there is shaped by your inner thoughts,
                    desires, etc. As a matter of fact, when you OBE, you are stepping directly into the realm that
                    psychologists call the "unconscious". For those of you not familiar with this term, I recommend
                    reading up on the ideas of Carl Jung.

In general, I think UJ illustrates that, in large part, Monroe simply did not get it. He has never
                    come to truely understand the significance of the OBE in terms of being a step in personal
                    maturity and spiritual evolution. Instead, he got caught up in what occultists traditionally call
                    "the glamour of the astral realms".

Again, to keep balance to my assesment, I am not saying Monroe's work is not valuable. He
                    has clearly confirmed what occultists have taught all along about the structure of the inner
                    worlds (which he calls "rings" but occultists call "planes") and these are the various layers of
                    consciousness that make up the inner realms. However, his nieve interpretation of his
                    experiences lack a lot of depth and he really seems to be missing out on a very basic aspect of
                    the OBE, which is the stepping into one's own subconsciousness.

The lesson he was meant to learn - that his very being is at one with the essence of all things -
                    he appears to have missed.

Also, I think his assertion that our personalities survive death intact is mere defence
                    mechanism to the possibility of his ego in the face of annihilation and death, and again
                    indicates just how caught up in himself he is. Further, Monroe presents no really convincing
                    evidence that this is true. He merely asserts it under the assumption that after he dies his
                    expereinces in the OBE realm will be identical to what they are now while he is alive. There is
                    no good evidence for this. Occultists have long taught about the nature of the after-death state,
                    and they claim that our physical personality eventually disentegrates freeing up the inner
                    essence (or "soul") that powered the personality through this life. My own experiences in the
                    OBE realm support the traditional occult view.

So, sorry to all you Monroe fans out there that really like Bob's work. I too went through a
                    phase where I was really enamoured with Bob's work. But as I've grown and learned more and
                    studied my own OBEs more closely and learned to think about them with more depth, I've
                    become more dissapointed with Bob's approach. I think to follow in his footsteps and to
                    mindlessly try to emmulate what Monroe has done is not the proper course. As I have learned,
                    the OBE is a stepping into ones own psyche, and it is a mere stage on a journey of spiritual
                    evolution, a journey that should culminate in the realization of ones direct connection with all
                    that is. And of course, my own views reflect where I am at on this journey.

Best to you all,

Don DeGracia

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Mobius

Wow a pretty harsh attack on the old guy,sounds like they are from
www,disinformation.trying to take some market competition.com
Or www.oursisfarsuperiortoyours.com  & when I here people talking like that I know money is at the heart of it.
Never heard of Don DE Gracia but sounds like a jealous individual.
I think the guy himself doesnt know what he,s talking about & wont
disuade me one iota,he probably only read 2 pages or less.

Good journeys

Mobius

Edited by - Mobius on 29 March 2002  13:20:52

Helmut

To Mobius,
I think he(Don DeGracia knows what he`s talking about and sure read the whole book. I can understand how he came to judge RAM that way, so I do not share his view. I think ROM made a great syntesis in UJ, and I think you really have to read in between the lines. It´s not the surface but the whole structure of what he tells. He also admited it`s hard to comunicate one`s experiences.
As to Don DeGracia he worked extensively on the topic of OBE.  See  http://www.geocities.com/ddegraci/index.html also he never managed to publish a book. Maybe he`s a little jealious because of that. At the moment I hit apon AD, he was my second favorite writer on OBE next to RAM.//
Bye Helmut

Qui-Gon Jinn

quote:
Qui-Gon Jinn: I think you need to just come out and admit to Frank and others your fascination with UFO's and the like.

Daniel, I think most who have read some of my posts understands I am interrested in extraterrestrial life in the cosmos (who ain´t?). I might be a bit slow at the moment but why do I need to come out and "admit" my interrest in that?  Don´t get what you mean by that entirely...    

Take care// Qui-Gon

Mobius

Helmut I am sorry for what I earlier posted,I have never put much
time into looking at Don De Gracia or his work & I later thought
to myself that was a silly thing to write,I know nothing of his
background/techniques or experiences so for all I know he could be
the Nikola Tesla of the OBE community & I have missed an
opportunity to greatly further myself.I,ll make a note to myself to
read up on his works until I know better,thanks Helmut.

War does not determine who is right,but who is left.

Good journeys

Mobius

PeacefulWarrior

I just wanted to say that although I don't agree with everything DeGarcia said, I thought that the exerpt I shared at least provided some food for thought, and I think I was right.

Anyway, I love Monroe's work, but Ultimate Journey is definetly different from his other works.  I think he got to the point at which it became difficult to explain himself with words, if you know what I mean.

Qui-Gon Jinn (how did you come up with your name???)  I didn't mean any harm by what I said.  First of all, I am very skeptical that ET's have or are visiting our planet, although I don't rule it out completely as a possibility....but after having read "Grand Illusions" by Dr. Gregory Little in regards to UFO's and the like, I changed my opinion about the whole thing (remember I brought this up in the past?)

Little himself was an avid UFOlogist for decades, and he finally came to the conclusion that abductions and UFO's were simply beings, archetypes, etc. (whatever you may) from different ends of the light spectrum....(that's an overly simplistic explanation)...anyway, I think he was right when he said most UFOlogists lie to themselves and deep down they are looking for something else.  

I ask you to do this: post a new message (maybe under integral phil. or general metaphysics) explaining in detail WHY you think aliens are visiting earth.  Tell us HOW YOU CAME to believe this, what PROOF (link to photos, etc.--not links to cryptic web pages that ask for credit cards in order to look at a bunch of gov't docs that basically don't say anything, if you know what I mean.)

I believe crafts are seen, photographed, etc. but I do not think beings from other planets are coming and interacting with us and abducting people...I think all of these things are the product of negs aiming to decieve.  

I highly recommend looking into Dr. Greg Littl's book, it is very illuminating...

-Dan

T.S. Elliot
---------------

Mobius

Hi Daniel, yes best to get everyones opinion I think.The only other
slightly bad rap I have heard on Monroe was by D.Scott Rogo.
He said that Monroe undoubtably had a lot of success but his
Hemi-Sync tapes might not work for everyone.I began as very skeptical
towards his method but tried out one of his cheaper tapes to begin
with,to test the water.Well I can say for sure that they work for me &
I never distrusted it again,a physical trance/completely relaxed
within about 2 to 3 mins.An OBE from that point is optional & I
listen to at least one tape every day,even my girlfriend has begun to
fight me for the walkman.I ignore all his terminology & focus on the
the things I know.

On the UFO topic,I have heard all sorts of debates on this subject
& believe 90% of sightings are hoaxes,9% are planes/balloons/clouds &
sattalites with 1% being a real sighting with a 3D physical craft.
I have heard people say that if they do exist,they are from a
different dimension or they are multi-dimentional & so you cant see
them anyway & there was no Roswell & there is nothing at Area 51.
On the last 2 maybe they are right but them only being invisible I
dont think so,it doesn,t make sense.Its just going back to the
arrogant assertion we humans have that there is no life but us & the
universe revolves around us.It wasn,t so long ago that scientists &
religous heirarchy scoffed when told that the earth could revolve
around the sun & not the sun & all the planets orbiting around us
great omniscient beings, how dare he/they suggest we are not the
centre of attention & God looks like us & just spends all day
worrying about us.
I will try to track down info on books/sites about "accurate"
encounters.Not just posts I,ve seen on some site where someone
reported "ah....I just spotted a UFO,its nighttime & its heading
north & seems to be in a triangular shape from the 2 blinking lights
I can see on its wings...& theres one on the front too!" Quantas
must have been doing new flights over central Australia I think!

Great Journeys

Mobius

Qui-Gon Jinn

Hey Daniel, no harm taken whatsoever mate...  don´t ever worry about that..  I agree with you, the vast majority (if not all?) of physical alien abduction is, most likely, not just that..  I don´t rule out the possibility that humans can get abducted of course, but I think it is VERY rare indeed if at all.  People wanting publicity, overimagination, other experiences interpreted as abductions AND disinformation put out there to ridicule the subject of ETI probably can explain most "abductions".
And so you see that is not at all what I base my opinion on, I base it on... well..  I will post a message of what I built my opinion/belief (I would say knowledge really but opinion/belief perpahs is better here) on later today I hope so you can understand where I´m "coming from", gotta run some arrends before everything close down.

Until then, take care, and after then as well of course.

Be well //Qui-Gon

PeacefulWarrior

Good to hear from you all...I really want to try those hemi-sync tapes that you talked about Mobius...can you tell me where to find them (on the net, phone number, etc)??

Qui-Gon-Jinn -->  I look forward to your post!

-Dan

T.S. Elliot
---------------

Mobius

Hi Daniel, I would imagine you would get them a lot cheaper than I
can as my suppliers have to import from the states.
I hope I dont get kicked off the site for promoting other peoples
products & have allready had some removed for some reason,anyway
here goes.
Try TMI directly; http://www.monroeinstitute.org/

I dont know any others in the states but there is;
www.altered-states.net/cgi-bin/search.cgi
And type in anything you are interested in.

There is a guy on the Gold Coast here in Q.L.D & his site is;
http://www.inter-dimensions.net

I,ve lost the address for the others,but when you email or ring they
usually send you out a catalogue with about 60 different tapes &
series in it.The cheapies cost me about $25 dollars for one tape &
the biggest series cost $800.00.

Well good luck mate

Mobius

Tia

I had so much to do today, but feeling a bit depressed, thought I would try and go into trance, see if I could clear the frame of mind I was in.  I lay on the couch and proceeded to meditate, at some time I became aware that I was in a trance - I must have dozed off.  I became aware (I just knew) that conditions were right for an OBE, my concsious mind then kicked in with silly questions, trying to sabotage me, like "what will you do when you get out?  What is the purpose?"  Another part of me shouted "Go!  You may not get another chance!"  The instant I decided to try for it, my heart centre started up like a motor, I was expecting it so it didn't bother me too much - however I did feel as though I was pinned to the couch through my heart.  But the most annoying thing was a flickering light, it wasn't bright (dull, dusky pink), it just flickered so fast that I started to squint, before you know it my whole face is screwed up and I think this annoying strobing is too much - I just had to open my eyes to see if there was something over my face - well that blew it!  

I have had a strobe once or twice, this was not powerful like that but so annoying!!!

I have never tried for an OBE before.  One night I felt I would be able to do it, felt loose or something - but I was too anxious to go with it, it was dark and I expected to see something at the end of my bed - so with that attitude you just know I would have...

I am really interested now!  Does anybody have that flickering effect?  When do you get the vibrations?  How long do you have to put up with sensations before you exit?  I cant even refer to my Astral Dynamics as I leant it so somebody!