Breath stop problem

Previous topic - Next topic

DreambreaX

Im dreaming and awake, while I awake i dont move my body and keep imagining to continue the dream.

While in that near sleep condition, suddenly im still fully conscious with vibration and heavy, I imagine to float above the room to obe, while I notice my breath stop. when i want to breath is very heavy. I feel breathless and wanting to breath, the feeling is like a man swim underwater (not breath) for several minutes and want to breath. So I decided to breath. What surprise me is that Im snooring, I snore when I breath.

Not long from this im awake.

Have you guys ever had breath stop problem? how to overcome? keep breathless and no breath and surrender to the situation?

soarin12

Do you have sleep apnea?  If so, maybe the OBE state allows you to be more aware of it.  From your description it sounds like you might have it.

I don't have sleep apnea but on occasion I have breathing problems right after an OBE beginns.  I become aware of my non-physical environment and my physical body condition at the same time, and I realize that I'm struggling to get enough air with every breath.  The only conclusion I have come to is that I'm congested.  Even though I consider myself fully lucid, I've never been smart enough to just open my mouth!  I always end up ruining the projection and waking up whenever I have the breathing issue.  Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

dotster

When you are sleeping you do not breathe like you are accustomed to breathing in waking life. It is much slower and much more shallow than we are accustomed to breathing while awake and even right before bed while relaxed. I used to have problems suddenly coming conscious as I was falling asleep and being right on the verge of phasing then realizing that I didn't seem to be breathing. I was in fact breathing, just not in the way I was used to. It's a mind over matter thing here. Sleep apnea is a serious issue but if that is not the case (and it never hurts to get it checked out) then as I said, it is just a mind over matter issue.

Edit: I forgot to address your question of how to overcome it.

You've said it yourself: surrender. Allow the environment that you are experiencing to overwhelm you and take you in. Concentrate on the sights and sounds that you are experiencing, and maybe a little less on the smells as that will remind you of breathing and then of your physical body. If you realize that you are snoring during the experience then you must realize that you are indeed still breathing and it is just a mental block that you need to overcome. Just get lost in the environment; ; lose yourself in the moment.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

Bluefirephoenix

It could be sleep apnea. When your in a light trance your breathing feels a little weird. As you deepen it gets better. It sounds like your still very shallow in trance.  Try a recliner or chair for practice to see if you can get a little deeper. Then once your body is accustomed to the trance you can work laying on your side.