BWGEN

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

I was looking in the preset library on the bwgen home page and among all the AP, relaxation, focus orientated presets, there's other related to mimicking effects of different drugs like LSD among others.  Could BWGEN get to the point where people get addicted to the brainwaves or what have you?  Not that I'm worried or that, I think the program's great but stimulation via drug like effects are the only reason some people are downloading it and is that really a good idea?

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

aslegnat

As a matter of fact, Hemi-Sync Technology based programs were ab initio proposed as reliable pseudo-drug with the advantage that they constitutes ways for a non-invasive induction of mind altered states, and, hence, are non-addictives.
More info about hemi-sync effects can you look at

http://www.hemi-sync.com/shop/customer/content.php?section=userfeedback&XCARTSESSID=7c5b3f7db20dda0a592eee332eb78671#

ASLEGNAT

CaCoDeMoN

It's not possible to be addicted to the brainwaves nor LSD
MEAT=MURDER.

EnderZ

can it actually mimic LSD?

would this be listening to it while you go to sleep and have a weird dream

or would you listen to it during the day and it would, i dont know change your perception?

Im very intrigued

-En

RTCovenant

Whoa, I hope I don't get addicted to brainwave generator. Cause I listen to that and other binaural beats on a off and on daily basis.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

alexd

I have a question that I have been curious about for a while:
Are brainwaves in any way harmful to your health?
Because we already know that some drugs are.

Alex
I want to be in the energy, not with the enemy
A place for my head

Andali27

Actually, I'm writing a story about being addicted to brainwaves etc, kind of like them being the drugs of the future or what have you.  The argument I really wanted to present was that if you listened to one preset for, say a whole day, your brain could become dependent on it.  I've used a LSD one before and they kind of give you weird sensations, trip you out but only if you listen for a long time.  I've usually been surfing the net or other things while listening so my entire focus hasn't been on the preset.  I've actually listened to one that makes everything sound like it's being spoken through a fan blade.  Weird.  There's other drug effects and I had quite a bit of a stir with a coffee preset, I was high for a couple of hours when I had been feeling really bummed out.  It's an odd thing.  Imagine if they were the drugs of the future.......?

Andali

back up my hard drive?  how the hell do I put it in reverse?
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

TOTALANATION

alexd

The possible detriment to health is more concerning than addiction IMO.

Brainwaves could turn out to be significant in the future though.
However there is one element of brainwave technology that is often overlooked. If you are interested about it for your research let me know.

What I will say though is that in my personal experience I have been addicted to brainwaves about as much as I have been to coffee and chocolate.

Alex
A place for my head

alexd

Also, I am curious about how long you normally have to listen to a brainwave on BWG for it to have an effect?

Alex
A place for my head

Andali27

TOTALANATION

EnderZ

Carefull andali, dont want people to get the wrong Idea about bwgen, or other binary beats.

I doubt its harmful to your health, when your ingest drugs they are altering the chemicals in your brain.  This is not the case.

I think you may be "addicting" just because it is an intersting and new concept that is fun to tinker with, nothing more.

-En