Could not pass through glass

Previous topic - Next topic

piyal_14

Hi everyone!
I haven't been very active on this forum lately because I did not project (consciously) for about 3 months. However, yesterday morning I projected after a long long time and it felt really good! However, the projection was for a very short time.
When I got out of body, I glided off outside my house successfully, but I came to this balcony where there were these transparent glass barriers. Funny thing happened when I leaned on them though. I could feel the cool glass completely! It almost felt as if this was my physical self! And then I bent a little and caught a reflection of my face. It was not different from my physical self at all!!
Then I realized that i was actually leaning against the glass and was surprised because I had always thought that when we are in our astral form, we can glide right through any barrier, whether that be a wall or glass!  :?
Since I could not cross the barrier, I went back to my body.
Has anyone else faced any such situations? If so then I would like to know.

Thanks,
Piyal
To astral project is an art

Bedeekin

You simply thought 'it's glass'. There are no rules... only self imposed expectation of rules. Some people find they can't fly or that they can't walk through walls. They may here that it's better to back into and through a wall or window. Once this is heard from a seemingly authoritative source they find that sure enough they need to back up or travel backwards through an obstruction and it works. This is the same for saying 'Clear vision' or words to that effect to increase resolution of vision. All are like little user interfaces. Icons to click to achieve the desired results.

The tactile sensation of actually feeling the glass as though it were physical is also absolutely right and something I personally use for anchoring.

So what you are experiencing is perfectly normal and expected. Just keep it up and explore.

Well done you! :)

Astralsuzy

There are times when I am not able to go through doors, walls or windows.  The reason I am not able to go through it is because I lacked confidence.  When I say, I can do it and believe I can do it, I can go through it without any problems.  If you find you cannot go through it, you can make a hole with your mind and then you can go through it.

ChopstickFox

I've had trouble with glass before. Like, to the point of smashing myself against it and affirming to myself. Come on, I know this works!

I got around it by creating a door in the glass and going through.

And for the record I thought the topic read "Could not pass gas"
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

justin35ll

This morning as soon as I exited I couldn't see. I cautiously walked through my room trying to get vision. I walked into my door and bumped my head and fell back lol. Then I opened my npmr eyes and was able to open my door and walk out.

So, it's normal and a lot of people have trouble with passing through things. I can almost never pass through my bedroom door for some reason, but later in the experience I can pass through an entire house so I think it's just a matter of confidence and awareness.

Bedeekin

Quote from: justin35ll on February 19, 2013, 11:02:21
So, it's normal and a lot of people have trouble with passing through things. I can almost never pass through my bedroom door for some reason, but later in the experience I can pass through an entire house so I think it's just a matter of confidence and awareness.

The nail has just been hit firmly on its head there.

Thinking about it too much is half the problem. Imagine if you had to consciously think to actualise walking instead of it being an automatic movement. You'd never get anywhere. Different thing... but the thought amused me.

Simo

Glass is funny stuff!I always use it to check if I am out or FA. When I touch it it always melts around my han and then when i release it it recovers it's shape!:D
Who am I is not important...My message is...

proyect_outzone

There is an simple solution for this problem. It worked very well for me.

Quote(M.1.4.3.1) Going through walls: To go through walls, one approaches first the wall. One inserts first the hands in the wall and goes then through. One feels during the going through often a resistance. If one can not insert the hands in the wall, one must concentrate exactly on the hands and try it, until it works. Sometimes it needs some tries, until one can pass through the first wall. One should only pass through walls, if it is necessary. One sees nothing in the wall, therefore the environment looks different after one has passed the wall. Furthermore, the out of body experience can become a dream due the concentration on the passing.

(M.1.4.1.1.4) Removal of limitations of the ability, to go through walls, during the out of body experience: If the passing through the wall does not work, one can try to generate a energy sensation in the hand. This energy sensation feels similar, as the inside of a wall. Therefore it eases the passing through.

The energy sensation (supernatural perception) is the strange perception, which occurs often before the out of body experience begins.

Perception can be learned with:

Quote(M.2.1.1) One breathes constant and concentrated. One holds the hands opposing each other. Then one lets the fingertips opposing each other, as if a sphere is between the hands. Now one moves a few times the hands towards each other and away from each other (distance 5-25 centimeters), as if one compresses the sphere and let it then relax. One should make sure, that the hands do not touch each other. After some time (mostly very fast, but it can rarely take some days of practicing) one can perceive the first experiences. One imagines with each breath that the tactile supernatural experiences become stronger (one concentrates with the desire, that they become stronger). After one has practiced it for some time, one can try own methods and variations to discover better for oneself. (Takes about 5 minutes to 5 days)

embrace

One of my most memorable OOBE's was when I experienced gliding through the glass. Just as you, I remember feeling the temperature of it. As I was gliding through, I could feel the texture of it, thickness, everything. It was very interesting experience.

As others have said, you didn't glide through the glass because your mind didn't believe it was possible. It takes time to adjust to the new environment and how things work in this state.

Szaxx

Next time, smell it. Not jokeing, it has a smell too. The nearest thing to recreate it is a glass (carefully ) heated, very similar. Probably soda glass in the window and even a soda pop bottle smells different.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

It may be that we impress PMR physics onto the nonphysical elements. We are after all creating the reality we live in and are the very reason it is constrained. This natural 'ability' may manifest in the nonphysical when we 'notice' it.

ChopstickFox

Follow your nose... Wherever it goes!!

Sorry, feeling especially playful tonight, haha!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Contenteo

I've somersaulted through a glass window, out a 4 story building, landing softly on my feet.

I will echo the major point brought up here. What you believe is true, will become true when you are in there. The mind in fantastically nimble in that state. What seems like is an impossible feat from your current perspective will become cakewalk when you are actually 'in there' projecting. You can flip emotions on the dime. You can turn 360 and change the entire landscape. You can think that something is impassible glass and frustrate yourself. You can manifest a sword.

Best on your training. You sound to be doing brilliantly.

Cheers,
Contenteo

astralnaut1

i once broke a glass and small parts of it got into my hair  :-D had to get em out , but my dream ended
mental layer by layer combat sux

sac_boy

Start with just a fingertip if you have trouble passing through a material. Alternatively, back through it, or start with a knee. Try to relax your way through.

Others have already said the important part--your body is a construct of your own, and there are no rules as to where it can go or what it can do. You just have to believe you can pass through--or realise that you have no body at all. In some of my most powerful OBEs I am just a disembodied point of consciousness, gathering data from all directions at once. The astral body is made entirely of your expectations.

I still find it amazing that people experience more or less the same sensations when passing through glass--the cool crystalline structure, the slightly gritty feel, the rush as you move through it.

illprotocol

Sometimes you can knock out a window mentally by "shaking it". Or you can try pushing it out.