Death

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirador

Scavanger says:
quote:
There, you will purge yourself of all desire, by being able to have anything you have ever wanted, in abundance.

Plain ol' wishful thinking! and don't bet on it! Your soul will probably be surrounded by a gaggle of astral buzzards, and pecked away until you wont even remember who you were or what you desired. Then you will simmer slowly at 1 zillion degree heat until you have completely dissolved into nothingness.

Mirador

Qwerty

quote:
Originally posted by Mirador

Scavanger says:
quote:
There, you will purge yourself of all desire, by being able to have anything you have ever wanted, in abundance.

Plain ol' wishful thinking! and don't bet on it! Your soul will probably be surrounded by a gaggle of astral buzzards, and pecked away until you wont even remember who you were or what you desired. Then you will simmer slowly at 1 zillion degree heat until you have completely dissolved into nothingness.

Mirador

Very optimistic[:P]

Qwerty

maybe there is some kind of big bowl where they turn ded people into cheese[8)]

beavis

Scavenger, where did u hear all this stuff?

astral-boy

I have no idea what will happen.

But scientist at Princeton says consciousness is something fundamental. At least that is how i understand it.

Watch 10 minutes delayed radioactive isotopes measuring global consciousness.

10 min BEFORE 911 they saw a big change

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/bsktobsrv/basketobserver.wall.html

catmeow

Yeh, this is straight from the Theosophical textbooks.  Theosophy was invented back in about 1890 I think.  It was founded by Madame Helena Blavatsky a Russian spiritual medium and psychic.  Theosophy teaches that there are 7 bodies: physical, etheric, astral, mental, causal, atmic and buddhic, erm, in that order (I think).  The astral body is what we would normally use for OOB's.  There are tons of books on Theosophy and it goes into great detail about all the bodies, I know I've got the books!  I think it's largely based on Eastern mysticism.  It's an interesting philosophy, and I'm sure there's something to be learned from it.

Back about 20 years ago, there was a prolific OOB investigator and author called Dr Robert Crookall who wrote many many books on the subject.  He actually formulated a theory of what happens after death, based on observations by psychics, mediums and personal accounts of NDE's and OOB's.

Basically what he says is that after death, we remain earthbound for about 3 days, in a kind of dreamy sleep-world.  This is because, although free of the physical we are apparently still carrying a lot of etheric matter around with us.  This etheric matter, from the etheric double, is really semi-physical gaseous matter, what would normally be called ectoplasm in sceances.  It perishes quickly along with the physical body, but it takes a few days.

This is why there are a lot of sightings of newly-deceased for the first few days after passing over.  After the etheric double is shed, the deceased moves up into the astral proper and meets all his relatives and loved ones etc.

At some point there is also a life-review.  I can't remember if it happens at the moment of death, or after the 3 day period.  But basically during the life-review we re-live all the events in our lives... but with a twist!  During the life-review we exeperience all the emotions of the people we affected, so every one we hurt we feel exactly their pain, and every one we helped we feel their gratitude.

It's a fantastic idea, and I hope it's true, because this then is the perfect law of Karma.

Has anyone seen the film American Beauty?  This is one of my all-time favorite films.  The final scene is narrated by the main character after he gets shot and dies.  It's a stunning scene.  Here's the final words from the final scene in American Beauty:

I'd always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die.  First of all, that one second isn't a second at all.  It stretches on forever, like an ocean of time.  For me it was lying on my back at boy scout camp, watching falling stars.  And yellow leaves from the maple trees that lined our street.  Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper.  And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new firebird.  And Jayney.  And Caroline.  I guess I could be pretty pi**ed off about what happened to me, but it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world.  Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once and it's too much,  my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst.  And then I remember to relax and  stop trying to hold onto it.  And then it flows through me like rain, and I can't feel anything but gratitude, for every single moment of my stupid little life.  You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure.  But don't worry.  You will someday.

Great film..... and it wasn't about a man having a mid-life crisis!

catmeow
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Thing

"moves up into the astral proper and meets all his relatives and loved ones etc."

that means people will stay there forever! bill likes john, bill dies waits for john, john dies meets bill but they still have to stay there because william (who is alive) likes john and because he will meet those who he loved john has to wait... that meeens everyone is waiting for everyone no one can move.

why not saying "when you die you will travel in the astral world until there is a "body" for you to re-born" thats morn poetic hehe

innerpilot

Continue to wait for that white light, Major Tom. Especially if it comes from a Star Craft that actually does beam you up and teaches you a few things. Beautiful beautiful feeling. Real expanded consciousness, beyong the thinking, measuring mechanism, feels really really good. I think Robert Bruce's NEW emphasis on the Tactile methods reinforces "feeling" your way rather than academically "thinking" it which so many of us get caught up in. I try to practice it wherever I go in different full waking situations also. Gotta be careful when driving my truck.

The AlphaOmega

Scavenger, I've heard that theory before.  In fact it seems I've heard it pretty much word for word in some book I've read, not written by you.  In my mind projection is a means of discovering the truth about who we really are.  But when it comes to death, the only sure way of knowing is to, well, die.  There is no teacher like experience.  And regardless of ideas or beliefs, there will be only one instance in our lives when we are sure, and that is when we leave it.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Scavenger

quote:
Originally posted by Qwerty

maybe there is some kind of big bowl where they turn ded people into cheese[8)]

oh...my....gooooddd

[xx(]
''There is nothing "paranormal" in the Universe, except our limited understanding of Nature. What we think we "know" on Earth now is just a tiny drop in the Ocean of Knowledge.''

Scavenger

''When you leave your body for the final time, at death, this is what I believe will happen:

You will be projecting, in real time, for the first few days, close to the physical world, until your supply of etheric matter runs out. Then you will go through the second death and enter the Astral dimension. There, you will purge yourself of all desire, by being able to have anything you have ever wanted, in abundance. This is done through having the full use of your subconscious mind's powerful creative ability. Here you can saturate your every need and desire, until you see these desires for the illusions they really are.

You will then shed your Astral (desire body) and enter the Mental dimension. There you will see your past life, examine and express every thought you have ever had and every action you have ever done. There, your thoughts, memories and experiences will be added to the Akashic Record. Which is the recorded experience of the entire human existence in the physical dimension.

Shedding your mental body you will then enter the Buddhic dimension. There you will stay for timeless healing, for rest, atonement, forgiveness and understanding of self. In this world your inner wounds will heal and your soul will be nurtured by divine love. Your spirit will become whole and perfect once more.

Then you will shed your Buddhic body and enter the Atmic dimension. There you will wait in the divine presence for those you love. Then, one day, you will go on to the next level of existence; where the last great mystery of life will be revealed to you....''
---------------------------------------------------------------------

i have seen this in a guide for astral projection, what are your thoughts about this, what would YOU think what will happen?

give your thoughts

''There is nothing "paranormal" in the Universe, except our limited understanding of Nature. What we think we "know" on Earth now is just a tiny drop in the Ocean of Knowledge.''