ELF generator

Previous topic - Next topic

SkepticBoy

Alright I have some across some stuff online about something called an Electromagnetic Low Frequency Generator (ELF) which is basically a device which claims to be able to put your brain into whatever brainwaves you desire like Theta for example.

This could be good help for astral travelers if it enables them to get into Theta to project don't you think? has anyone here used one of these? what you guys think. If it really works it could be useful.

personalreality

Binural beats do that.
be awesome.

kurtykurt42

You need more than just theta waves to consciously project your consciousness out of your body. The brainwaves your brain emits are just the byproduct of the currenct state of your energy body. The trick is learning how to generate strong enough fields to effect your entire body, not just your brain.

personalreality

be awesome.

personalreality

you always make this stuff sound so simple
be awesome.

Yamabushi

Well, a lower brainwave frequency means that less energy is being used to sustain thinking. In other words, more bioelectric current is available to the energy body. It's not just any one thing that enables you -- these are all interconnected and inter-related phenomena. You cannot affect the brain (or any aspect of your total self) without affecting every other part of you and your body in some way. It's all strung together by macroscopic quantum coherence.

But yes, theta or alpha alone won't do it.

YB

Quote from: kurtykurt42 on April 01, 2010, 20:25:57
You need more than just theta waves to consciously project your consciousness out of your body. The brainwaves your brain emits are just the byproduct of the currenct state of your energy body. The trick is learning how to generate strong enough fields to effect your entire body, not just your brain.

caterpillarwoman

Awww, dangit. I was hoping this was a post about how to generate elves. I've always wanted to meet elves, and have never known how to generate them. Meh.

Oh, I also recommend binaural beats for inducing interesting states of consciousness/awareness. I'm not convinced it can cause an induced OBE, but there are some people who say it can assist.

personalreality

That's what I thought when I first saw it too.  elves.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: caterpillarwoman on April 03, 2010, 10:19:25
Oh, I also recommend binaural beats for inducing interesting states of consciousness/awareness. I'm not convinced it can cause an induced OBE, but there are some people who say it can assist.
You're right.
They won't actually "induce" the state... you still have to do a certain amount of the work yourself.

Sometimes I wish it was as easy as turning on the CD and just listening.  hehe

caterpillarwoman

Quote from: Xanth on April 03, 2010, 11:28:26Sometimes I wish it was as easy as turning on the CD and just listening.
Yeah, I know. Especially if it also generated elves at the same time.  :-D

Xanth

Quote from: caterpillarwoman on April 04, 2010, 11:57:56
Yeah, I know. Especially if it also generated elves at the same time.  :-D
Hawt elves!  >_>  :D

SkepticBoy

what what would happen would the Elves try and pull you out of your physical body? (hehe)

jub jub

There might be truth to the notion that ELF, or EMF fields can induce an OBE. Someone on this forum, who I can no longer remember, was in the Navy and use to experience OBEs while the ship she was being degaussed. You can Wiki degaussing for a better explanation but, essentially, degaussing is a common practice used by the Navy to erase a ship's magnetic signature. They do this by connecting their generators to cables wrapped around the ship which causes large magnetic fields to be generated.

I believe there has been research done in this area but I'm not well versed in it.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

personalreality

I was reading a book the other day that said the second we close our eyes our brainwaves start slowing to alpha.

I didn't know that.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: personalreality on June 06, 2010, 12:27:43
I was reading a book the other day that said the second we close our eyes our brainwaves start slowing to alpha.

I didn't know that.
That sounds pretty neat.
It would be interesting to see some evidence of it.

~Ryan

personalreality

lol.  naturally that's your response.

I mean, that's what happens when we go to sleep.  As soon as we close our eyes and acknowledge that it's sleep time our brainwaves start to slow down.  The same thing happens when someone meditates. 

Perhaps it requires the intention of turning inward.  Who knows.

It was in that book I told you to read Xanth. 
be awesome.

Xanth

I'm not doubting it.  :)

It would just be nice to have that tangible evidence on hand too.

I remember back to when I was a child... I was afraid of the dark quite a bit, and when I went to bed at night to sleep, I was always afraid to close my eyes.
So I wouldn't close my eyes... yet, I would still, eventually, fall asleep.  :)

~Ryan

jub jub

"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

personalreality

I mean, ultimately your body just give up and falls asleep.

Your circadian rhythm takes over and produces melatonin to tell your body to go to sleep.

So at some point, unless you are actively trying to stay awake, you'll fall asleep.
be awesome.

Kuroth

Are we having BBQ ELF tonight???????    :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o