First obe?

Previous topic - Next topic

galaxy_storm

This might be kind of boring but anyway I felt i could share it :-)

Last night I had a weird dream of a highway along which grew a strange plant, the Astral Projection plant. :-D I didn't take it in the dream, but anyway it ended and I was laying on my bed, still with a bit of dream imagery.
I became conscious enough so I thought i would try an exit technique. I imagined myself hovering above my body and started to feel intense vibrations (I believe it was my physical body shaking) and saw my room, through my astral eyes. The wierd thing is that everything was in shades of grey (not even slightest hint of color) and with sharp image. My field of vision was quite narrow.
It ended quickly, in a few seconds. I thought i would try again, this time the vibrations were even crazier but no OBE that I know of happened.
Again this dreamy state faded away quickly and I could not keep it more than a minute, this happens every time to me when I become conscious.

Was this an obe or just a dream of it?

The weird thing is that I could feel the vibrations and my physical body even during the "obe", this makes me believe that during these experiences, part of your awareness always stays in your body...

One note, that night I went to sleep earlier (after midnight) so this could have helped.
Flow...

ka0s

To be honest it could have been a OBE or could not have been. Most of my lucid dreams vs. OBE's are completely distinguishable from one another through clarity and the aspect of the experience being as vivid, or conscious, as being awake. I have had a few OBE's in which things were extremely Grey until I would get further from my body...I've had many monochrome and experiences in which my environment was brown/Grey.

I never receive vibrations (but have very strange sensations when returning such as hynpogogic/buzzing noises). Did you feel as if something was blocking your vision?

I've always felt some attachment to my physical because usually all i have to do is think about exiting this state and i return to my body. The experience is what you make of it. i'd advise you try to repeat what you did and see if you get any additional results. Did you feel as if you were seeing through your eyelids or anything similar?
I wandered slowly there
I saw a field where a thousand corpses lie
Angels sang the hymn of the end
About monsters which they fought
Over our world

XxAstralSoulxX

Quote from: ka0s on September 01, 2008, 02:34:17

I've always felt some attachment to my physical because usually all i have to do is think about exiting this state and i return to my body. The experience is what you make of it. i'd advise you try to repeat what you did and see if you get any additional results. Did you feel as if you were seeing through your eyelids or anything similar?

Yes, all you have to do is will yourself to return, and you do. Anyone can do this, all you have to do is try.  :-)
Quote from: galaxy_storm on August 31, 2008, 04:10:58

The weird thing is that I could feel the vibrations and my physical body even during the "obe", this makes me believe that during these experiences, part of your awareness always stays in your body...

Yes, I do believe your right, part of your awareness does remain behind. If your physical body was in danger, for example, someone you don't know breaking in, you would likely come back to your body because your mind knows your in trouble. Yay first post on here.