People that OBE - Medical Studies on Illness Related

Previous topic - Next topic

David Warner

Ap Friends,

Another topic to discuss that I thought about.

Do you think since we are able to project, that specific diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease might play a factor for less risk? Have their been any studies done on this?

For something tells me that any disease wouldn't make no difference, but thought I would bring this up to discuss.

Tvos
InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

MisterJingo

Hi Tvos,

I haven't seen any specific studies in this, although I do know of prominent occultists into the AP sphere who have died from various cancers, heart diseases etc. Dion Fortune springs to mind, and i'll have a think about the others whose names are currently escaping me.

Awakened_Mind

I've heard a lot of theories being thrown around about negative emotions manifesting themselves through diseases such as cancer and such. Now projection doesn't not mean that someone has necessarily worked through every negative or tempting feature in the world so this could have some merit.

Another thing, I've heard of a case where someone healed themselves from cancer. Namely esophageal cancer. I know him actually - Brian Costello, International Ambassador for Psychology. How he did it and what was involved, I do not know. I do know he's the only person on record to survive it and he told me he did it OBE.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

David Warner

I started recently listening to Edgar Cayce and didn't realize exactly what he did for the public with holistic healing going under a trance state. Some of the audio books I've been listening to are "My life as a seer" and "The sleeping phrophet".

Anyways, it got me to thinking about my question of people who project, have their been any studies on this of who gets sick from specific diseases or just old age. I don't think IMO it would matter if you were a projectionist, cancer could still take your life, or diabeties etc.

I don't doubt that negative emotions can impact the persons health, spiritual body and mind which can lead to disease to their death.

Tvos

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us

Selski

Hi Tvos and all

I don't personally believe that having the ability to project means less illnesses. 

However, I do have the belief that our illnesses are down to our beliefs.  This is quite complex and very unconventional.  Most people, if they knew what I believed, would suddenly stop being friends with me  :-)

I honestly believe it's all in the mind.  Including hereditary diseases.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Astir

I don't believe diseases are suffered by choices the soul makes post incarnation...but they are the result of choices made prior to. I have a lengthy list of issues (type 1 diabetes included, funny it's been mentioned so far in this thread) and each time that I succumb to something it definitely feels as if I decided upon it before this life and reminds me of a time beyond time before I was born that I decided my trials and my path. I've felt I decided all these things before birth since I was 4...a time when I felt as if drowning each day with a year long cough that nobody knew the cause of.

And here is a good example that corresponds with my belief...more than half of the time when someone succumbed to type 1 diabetes they were a young child or an infant. There is no way that in this life the disease manifested as a result of their negativity at such a young age. At an age when negative actions are nonexistent or practically unconscious. I have met many small children with diabetes, and do you know what they all have in common? They are old souls...all of them. They are hardly emotionally effected by their disease, they are stronger people, more accepting people than adults 5 to 10 times their age.

The impact diseases have on people has always caused me to wonder...many people suffer and let it consume their lives but the strange thing is -- though sometimes they don't even realize -- their strength surpasses that of a person in perfect health. I always laugh at healthy people when they have this notion they are stronger, as do the ill that they are weaker, and yet it is the complete opposite. You are not as strong as one who daily combats a chronic illness. It's as if some people are built to carry so much more.....and they do because they can.

Imagine it that way for a moment. There is no good reason for disease is there?...except to defy it...and to come back stronger.

Selski

Hi Astir

I'm glad you responded - actually my response was controversial and while I was typing it, I thought of you.  :-)

How about this?  My father was always weak as a child.  Sports were a no-no for him.  I too was "pathetic".  Only when my grandfather was 70, he found out he had Muscular Dystrophy.   Muscular Dystrophy is a muscle wasting disease, hereditary, progressive and not curable.

I had never heard of the damn thing when I manifested it.  However, I have a sneaking feeling that I had heard of it (a previous life) and was "destined" to experience it.  I also believe that because of my personality, I am also to experience OBEs, alternate realities and life beyond death.  Don't know why, but there you go.

I disagree that there is no good reason for disease.  I think disease can make one so much more characterful and "alive".  My life is richer because of the stupid MD I have.  I live each day knowing that my walk on the beach by the sea is more beautiful, more appreciated, than someone who is "normal".  Which makes having a "disability" actually a wonderful thing, in a strange way.

I could go into what kind of dystrophy I have, but I don't wish to, it is not important.

Sarah

Astir

Unfortunately diseases are in a way necessary, they are not the curses people believe in. You see after much suffering, the point...

You are bestowed sight.
Like with any lesson, only with disease you see deeper into another persons heart. It is staring deep into anothers suffering. You can think you understand but there is no way to fully understand or sympathize standing outside of it. Disease is a full understanding of others. There's hardly many ways to get closer to another human being.

I've seen the inside of diabetes particularly...you don't know otherwise...you really cannot. More than anything in the world, I want to help people now. I want to help them feel better and learn how to manage. I love them before I ever meet them. You can say and believe whatever you want, that it is karma, that it was a choice. I really don't care the nature of its origin in anyone. Regardless what is deserved, I must help people. To hell with what karma, or what God has willed...these people deserve my love. It's that simple.

I'm one who cries once a year at most. Publicly, never. The one time I did I was walking through a hall of quilt squares, each depicting the child who made it...diagnosed with diabetes...at age 1, age 2, age 3. I had never been so profoundly moved. That was the moment I knew what I had to accomplish in this life.

For me AP has never effected the health issues and they have never really effected AP. :lol:

Ooh actually...the times I have been very sick or near death due to some unrealized disease or acute illness OBEs/AP were wild. Out all night almost every night for weeks. So maybe it can enhance the capability in some.

Selski

Quote from: Astir on December 26, 2006, 13:10:48
Unfortunately diseases are in a way necessary

Well, I may not believe totally, but I think that diseases are not all the badness that they represent.

Hmmm.  Not everyone is.  We are all different.  Just because you suffer with ... blah blah blah... and I suffer with flah flah flah... and Albert suffers with glah glah glah... doesn't mean we are more spiritual or more caring or anything. 

For instance, I really understand what my Dad is going through (he has the same disease as me) however, I don't have the same mentality as him.  He has given up.  I fight.  We are VERY different.

Also, you can make your disease a really big part of You.  And you can also not.   I've met so many who use their disease/disability as part of their make-up.  Fair enough - who am I to judge. 

But I'm trying my hardest to manifest a perfectly healthy life.  :-)

Sarah

Astir

The people giving up are the ones I seek to help most. I am here to guide.

And it can be a part of your make-up and be a positive. People are great that way. The combinations of things we will become and are becoming are unlimited. No one is just yet what they will become. Changes can always take place. I won't give up on anyone giving up. I only hope I can come across those who are...sooner than later.

Every part exists, denied or not. Even if someone talks often or complains about their illness I know it is not all there is to them. The depths of people seem so percievable sometimes when their conversations have a center. But I certainly do not talk about what is deepest in me. In fact, the things I write here are never uttered to anyone. They are written here only. Everything you know of someone is only what they choose to share with you.

Everyone who knows me has no idea how spiritual I am, that I delve into anything like this. Isn't that funny? :-P I don't even know why I choose not to share, I'm not embarrassed by anything. For some reason it's part of me that I choose to keep all mine.

Everything that seems...can only seem.

Selski

And everyone creates their own reality... (which I find difficult, but true).

:-P

And my personal doodah is that being ill has nowt to do with 'owt.

Sarah

Astir

Quote from: Selski on December 26, 2006, 14:51:49
And everyone creates their own reality... (which I find difficult, but true).

Exactly, which is why they are all different. We're almost always able to change it, good thing too. I do also think it's entirely possible for our realities to bump one another's and change a little with each contact. If they did not I don't think there would be a reason we ever divided and became apart. It's why I'm always both thrilled and unnerved with every person I meet. There are reasons to love each one that I always come to realize. My own reality revolves around others. I care mostly to serve them, which has formed the largest conflict I have with my own illnesses...when they choke an entire day or week and I'm forced to care only for myself. I have the deepest issues with that.

Enoch

Excuse me if i repeat anything. I only read the first post. definatly we wil be stronger. If you only meditate or clear your own chakra once in a while you are leaps and bounds past someone that has not. Negative energy is the root of all disease and problems. Since i have started my esoteric path i have had maybe one cold. Compare that too the two colds a season that i could set my watch too.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

catmeow

Astir, I agree with you.

Selski, I'm sorry to hear about your MD but I AM pleased to hear about your positive attitude!  I never imagined from your posts you had any health problems!

It's interesting that we all assume that everyone on this board is healthy and our AP activities are unburdened by the stress of ill health.  I have suffered for the past 6 years due to serious knee injuries and in the last year from a whole list of additional health problems.... the other guys at my place of work have no idea that i go through every day in constant pain... i look healthy and fit but don't be fooled! 

On the subject of illness, I DO believe it is soul-forming and that this is the whole purpose of it.  We may not understand this right now, as we suffer, but when we review our life (after passing over) the reasons and the lessons learnt will be crystal.  We learn whatever we need to learn.  Selski, clearly you and your father derive different lessons from your illness, but it is none the less a learning experience.

I recently read the following book, by Echo Bodine.  According to this book, our "soul" chooses it's life experiences and then chooses a physical body, parents and environment in which to have these experiences.  It's not necessarily a karmic thing either:

http://www.amazon.com/Echoes-Soul-Journey-Beyond-Through/dp/1577310764/sr=8-4/qid=1167591378

The book covers the subject in plain simple English from start to finish.  I recommend it, even if you don't buy into the concepts.
The bad news is there's no key to the Universe. The good news is it's not locked. - Swami Beyondananda

Astir

Quote from: Enoch on December 26, 2006, 16:30:10
Negative energy is the root of all disease and problems.

Maybe it is for some.

My pain and struggles were choices I made before incarnation. I've always felt that. It wasn't caused by negative energies or karma. It was contractual. Every single time that I complain or curse it, the realization forms over me like a small cloud and rains. I have felt it since age 4, it only makes me laugh at myself. Somehow I made certain I would remember my choices most of all in the moments I suffer.

It's certain I wouldn't be who I am in a healthy body. I wanted to be this person exactly. And I couldn't without the choices that have formed me. I am aware more is waiting on the time. So much I will take on.

Enoch

That realization is the energy of your ego. The ego can be both negative and possitive energies. It can express itself from past lives.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

Selski

catmeow - thanks for the response and the link.  I will check it out.

Sarah