Frustrated***

Previous topic - Next topic

milk

Ok, i've been trying to project for about a month now. At least once a day, i lay down on my bed (well, lay up on my bed, because it's a loft bed) and I go through all the steps, relaxing each part of my body, until sometimes I slip into a deep state of relaxation. Then this is where it gets hard. Sometimes, when i'm in this deep state, it feels like my eyes go crosseyed, and they start twitching and like shaking like crazy, my eyes do. And then, like for about a second, i get this cold, almost like shaking rush that goes through my body, but it only lasts like a second. And then after that, i'm kind of brought back into reality, and then i have to start all over again. This is extremely frustrating, because i've been trying this for about a month now, but everytime I get one of those cold shaking things, after, I all of a sudden become aware that i'm still like laying there. Now i was wondering, i try to picture myself floating up with like every breathe, but i'm in a loft bed laying down, and there isn't that much space between me and the ceiling, so does that have something to do with it? should i try sitting in a chair instead? I mean, i don't know what to do, i kind of sometimes feel like, or become aware that i have like another hand inside of my real hand? But i try to pull it out, but then like, i just end up raising my normal hand, and then i wake up! Wow, this is extremely frustrating, does anyone have any tips or advice, OR ANYTHING? please help! I am looking for peace, but i can't find any, because i can't project! haha, well, please respond! THANK YOU GUYS, i HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL SOON!

tony :wink:
que tal

milk

Hey, i'm just bumping my topic, but please respond, i really need help, thanx!
que tal

Tom

It sounds like you really want to make this work. That's a good thing. So after you get into position, relax your body, slow your breathing, and the thoughts are not running so quickly through your head ... stop trying. Everything up to this point is about setting up the conditions which make it more likely that you will go out of body. After that, you know what you want to do and you just have to wait with patient curiosity. When everyone tells you that it sounds like you are trying too hard, this is the stage where that applies.

astral man

milk don't worry about the twitching eyes, that is called REM or rapid eye movement, this sometime ( ? ) or all the time ( ? ) happens in sleep. Also don't worry if tears start running down your face, that is caused by extreme relaxation of the tear glands or whatever they are called. ( i know i "cry" when i try and project hehe) keep going, i think i almost did it last night, with a wind sound bla bla bla read the post if you want. you are going good. it just takes time. HEHE don't you just hate it when people say that. :x  lol anyway, i read into hypnosis and stuff before i had any idea about this, so i know about the relaxation stuff, with getting the person into a trance. UMM about your technique, i don't know whether that is the most reliable one around, last night, to get into trance/deep relaxation i tensed my muscles and quickly released them, making them tired, and i did that about 5 -10time not sure. and then all i did was say mind awake with a breath in, and visualized a body kinda see through with a bright orange brain, and then breathed out and said in my mind body asleep, and pictured the body of it a teal colour ( but use whatever colours you want ) and i made the orange brain fade out. and that is all i did. but if you do that, i found i made the most progress when i focused on the body with the stuff in it, or i just got side tracked.

Good luck with further attempts

and p.s i have been practicing for almost three months
"People only see what they are prepared to see."