Growing, evolving, graduating to higher planes and reincarnating

Previous topic - Next topic

kuurt

Kurt Leland says that we are growing and evolving spiritually. I guess this is the purpose of life.  He said people who have been astral projecting for a long time, over time graduate from one body and plane to the next.  Just as he did and as Robert Monroe did throughout his three books.  And as we go to higher and higher planes we get closer and closer to returning to Source/God. 

So does anybody know how we grow spiritual so that we can rise to the next body and plane?  What is required of us?  Is the requirement different for each plane?  And how does reincarnation factor in to all of this? 

baro-san

Quote from: kuurt on September 26, 2018, 02:40:53
Kurt Leland says that we are growing and evolving spiritually. I guess this is the purpose of life.  He said people who have been astral projecting for a long time, over time graduate from one body and plane to the next.  Just as he did and as Robert Monroe did throughout his three books.  And as we go to higher and higher planes we get closer and closer to returning to Source/God. 

So does anybody know how we grow spiritual so that we can rise to the next body and plane?  What is required of us?  Is the requirement different for each plane?  And how does reincarnation factor in to all of this? 

I just replied you on another thread, recommending you to investigate for yourself, and to be cautious about what others preach. You see that there is a large number of different opinions, some of them widely different. How to know who's right? Even worse: listening to others, you form beliefs that distort your reality, and makes it more difficult for you to later discover the truth.

My belief is that each unit of consciousness evolves from its creation through instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition, ... As it evolves, its main focus is on a narrow range, but its secondary focus touches on a significantly larger range.

Humans aren't all at the same level of evolvement, but generally speaking, they almost mastered their instincts, are dominated by emotions, started to use intellect, and barely use intuition. You can't not reincarnate anymore until you master your emotions, because you can't live on a thought-responsive plane while still having uncontrollable emotions: you quickly slip into nightmarish scenarios.

Incarnated as a human, you secondarily focus on instincts, intellect, and intuition, while your main focus is on emotions.

The same progress of focus can be observed over the life of a human: instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Xanth

Quote from: kuurt on September 26, 2018, 02:40:53

What you have to understand is that we humans are very organized people... we love to place things in hierarchies, mostly to assist our egos.
Suffice to say there isn't such neatly made hierarchy to the non-physical. 

There aren't higher or lower "planes".  Consciousness just "is".  It's the epitome of "being"...

Robert Monroe didn't evolve to different bodies and planes.  That's a belief based ideology.  He just became better at exploring the randomness of consciousness.

I can't answer your question in the context you ask it, because consciousness simply doesn't work like that.  What you CAN do, however, is just better your little bit of consciousness by becoming a better, kinder, more loving person.  THAT is how you grow and you can do that 110% entirely in this physical reality.

As for Reincarnation, I don't believe reincarnation works as most people think it does. 
I think of all of life as a tub full of lukewarm water (go with it for a second. ;)). 
Your glass which holds your consciousness scoops some water out of the tub. 
Now as you go through life and you (hopefully) spiritually grow and become a better person, the water in your glass heats up.
Then one day when your physical body dies, the water is poured back into the tub adding the heat (spiritual growth) to that of the entire tub... either increasing the spirituality of that tub or reducing it, depending upon the kind of life you lead.  Reincarnation comes when another glass takes some more water out of that tub for a new "life", it could grab some of the water which comprised your life.  Who knows once your water is merged back in.

That's my poorly described view of reincarnation.  :)

Nameless

Quote from: Xanth on September 27, 2018, 16:12:08
As for Reincarnation, I don't believe reincarnation works as most people think it does. 
I think of all of life as a tub full of lukewarm water (go with it for a second. ;)). 
Now as you go through life and you (hopefully) spiritually grow and become a better person, the water in your glass heats up.
Then one day when your physical body dies, the water is poured back into the tub adding the heat (spiritual growth) to that of the entire tub... either increasing the spirituality of that tub or reducing it, depending upon the kind of life you lead.  Reincarnation comes when another glass takes some more water out of that tub for a new "life", it could grab some of the water which comprised your life.  Who knows once your water is merged back in.

Xanth Poor my tush!! That is a perfect example. Thumbs up!
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Xanth

ROFL Thanks Nameless.  :)

I also meant to add that I don't believe for a second that the bit of consciousness which is in your glass right now stays as "yours".
I don't believe that when the consciousness which is me will still be portioned off for another go around.

The implication of this is that, yes, once you die, that bit of water which is you ceases to exist as a separate, individual... it returns to the whole.  This is the illusion of existing.
Most people fear this kind of thought because they don't want to cease to exist.  Well, you don't REALLY cease to exist... you just become part of the whole again.

Lumaza

I am not positive about there being higher or lower planes, but there certainly is a "progression" with this practice. The more you learn, the more you are taught. Once you think you have the answers, the teaching stops. The most important thing I have learned is to be "open" to the new and always stay "aware"!
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

baro-san

Quote from: Lumaza on September 27, 2018, 23:38:11
I am not positive about there being higher or lower planes, but there certainly is a "progression" with this practice. The more you learn, the more you are taught. Once you think you have the answers, the teaching stops. The most important thing I have learned is to be "open" to the new and always stay "aware"!
Very good points!
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Fresco

I remember reading somewhere that you have to balance out all your karma before you can end your reincarnation cycle(s).

Fresco

Quote from: Xanth on September 27, 2018, 16:12:08
What you have to understand is that we humans are very organized people... we love to place things in hierarchies, mostly to assist our egos.
Suffice to say there isn't such neatly made hierarchy to the non-physical. 

There aren't higher or lower "planes".  Consciousness just "is".  It's the epitome of "being"...

Robert Monroe didn't evolve to different bodies and planes.  That's a belief based ideology.  He just became better at exploring the randomness of consciousness.

I can't answer your question in the context you ask it, because consciousness simply doesn't work like that.  What you CAN do, however, is just better your little bit of consciousness by becoming a better, kinder, more loving person.  THAT is how you grow and you can do that 110% entirely in this physical reality.

Another way of putting it is pretend you're in the middle of the ocean, then look around and ask yourself if you can see where the waves start and where they end

Xanth

Quote from: Lumaza on September 27, 2018, 23:38:11
See, the thing about this is... the more you learn, the more you are then able to GO BACK and actually understand what was said to you long ago.

I take this from an Aikido standpoint...
When I started as a white belt, everyone above me said so many different things to me.
It's just that, it wasn't until I got my black belt that I was able to go back and actually understand those lessons now.
I have no doubt that in 10 more years as I progress even further, I'll be able to go back to what people tell me NOW and begin to even understand that.

Astral Projection is no different (yes, I know YOU understand that, Lumaza :)).  This is more for everyone else.  hehe

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on October 12, 2018, 19:23:10
I remember reading somewhere that you have to balance out all your karma before you can end your reincarnation cycle(s).
That's a belief, nothing more.
I'd even go as far as to say that's a "fear-based" belief.

Usually stated by people who fear the fact that they will cease to exist upon physical death.
I fear no such thing. 

Not that I don't care if I cease to exist, but because I know I shall continue to exist in one form or another.
THAT which is me, is still used to make the whole a better place.

Fresco

Quote from: Xanth on October 21, 2018, 05:00:32
That's a belief, nothing more.

Usually stated by people who fear the fact that they will cease to exist upon physical death.
I fear no such thing. 

Not that I don't care if I cease to exist, but because I know I shall continue to exist in one form or another.
THAT which is me, is still used to make the whole a better place.
No, I think you misunderstood what I meant.  I didnt mean once you stop reincarnating that you then die permanently, I meant once you're at the end of your reincarnation cycle you then graduate into the higher astral realms and keep going until you eventually end up rejoining Source.

End of reincarnation cycle = the soul not having to return to the physical realm we currently occupy

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on December 04, 2018, 20:07:39
No, I think you misunderstood what I meant.  I didnt mean once you stop reincarnating that you then die permanently, I meant once you're at the end of your reincarnation cycle you then graduate into the higher astral realms and keep going until you eventually end up rejoining Source.

End of reincarnation cycle = the soul not having to return to the physical realm we currently occupy
Yeah, I get ya.  At it's very base reasons, reincarnation is about a fear of ceasing to exist though.

Fresco

Back to my original point, I remember reading somewhere that you have to balance out all your karma before you can end your reincarnation cycle.  But how would you know if/when all your karma has been balanced out??

Lumaza

Quote from: Fresco on December 05, 2018, 23:58:09
Back to my original point, I remember reading somewhere that you have to balance out all your karma before you can end your reincarnation cycle.  But how would you know if/when all your karma has been balanced out??

Xanth's reply from above still applies here. "That's a belief, nothing more.

I fear no such thing.  "
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Fresco

Lumaza

Quote from: Fresco on December 07, 2018, 02:08:36
Sorry guys, but that makes absolutely no sense to me  :?
My suggestion would be the next time you use Kelly Howell's Brainsync tapes, try to ask your above question and see what answer you get. I have found personally that many times questions in the "NP" are answered through tests, quests and challenges. There rarely is a simple yes or no answer. Many times the answer comes from a series of experiences and you then need to "discern" the message or in this case "find" the answer for yourself. That's the only way to make it "true" for yourself  anyways. I believe half of what I hear but everything I see or in this case experience.