Hypnagogic visions? How to get these?

Previous topic - Next topic

Agntneo

Hi, I've always wanted to get hypnagogic visions.. I've heard they are amazing and sometimes mind blowing.
I have projected many times but not much lately, I'm reading through the Astral Dynamics book by Robert Bruce again to hopefully do things right this time.

Anyone have any pointers on how to get hypnagogic vision?

Regards,

Ian
People Can Fly

lkjewr

Hey projector friend...

I'm very glad to help with this. This is something I have experience with. I have caused imagery (hypnagogic visions) several times by doing this:

1. Sit down in a chair upright

2. Inhale to the count of four, hold your breath to the count of two, exhale to the count of four, hold your breath to the count of two

3. Continue this process while relaxing at the same time, until you are very calm and relaxed

4. If the images don't come by the time you are very still and relax just sit silently, waiting for them to come

5. It can take 10-30 minutes for anything to happen

6. The images may start out as little yellowish dots or globules so pay attention because you can think nothing is happening and give up, when it's working and you're on your way

7. Addition: You may not get imagery the first time, or the first day, or the first several times or days (or weeks) you practice. Your practices accrue over time by practicing daily. It's like with each practice you can get a little further.

That's it.

I'll start to practice this again and we can update each other.
Thanks...

Agntneo

Sounds good. ;)
I'm going to try this method, although I'm also going to experience with it laying on my back.
I usually don't fall alseep on my back.

Regards,

Ian
People Can Fly

lkjewr

Hey Agntneo. How is it going so far with your practices of getting imagery?

I've started this practice again. I didn't get any yesterday. I'll go practice again in a bit.
Thanks...

lkjewr

It was successful. This is the second time practicing since I started again yesterday. I had several brief stints of imagery, like a slightly warped vision of a clarity as if suddenly opening my eyes, but I wasn't seeing into my room.

11/7/05 – Success – I practiced again just now, started at about 5:10 PM and ending just short of 5:25 PM. I sat and did the '4-2' meditation, wanting to relax after getting somewhat mentally vexed searching the web a lot and doing a lot of thinking and intellectualizing. I needed a mental break and meditation was great for it.

I sat and did the 4-2, relaxing, allowing energy and blood to flow. Just after the energy started to increase the imagery started. I felt like little bitty trickles of energy started, like light, very light tingles all throughout my body, and very thin and very small flows. Then I had a brief imagery as if my physical eyes were suddenly opened but the vision was warped, as if some kind of way my vision warped downward. The inner vision was like a warped down vision. I saw I think a forearm. It didn't seem to be my forearm, or that I was looking into this room through closed eyelids, but an imagery that was interest. I made mental note that the imagery started soon after more enhanced energetic activity started.

I continued and another brief imagery of either the same thing or close to it, in exactly the same way happened again. The very light, very minuscule but full-body energy sensations- something like pins and needs is the description- they would come and go. I had this brief occurrence of imagery 3 or 4 times total and then ended there. Total meditation time was about 14 minutes.

Progress?
Thanks...

lkjewr

Hey Agntneo..

I'll post the whole of the formal experimentation I did on imagery with you in mind. This should be enough to help you:

4-2 to Imagery Experiment
To help a projector friend at the AP forum and (to) develop more I'll practice and experiment more with the 4-2 meditation for theta (imagery, brain wave state imagery happens in) acquisition.

11/6/05 – Fail – I practiced 4-2 for about 15 minutes, from about 6:15 to 6:30 PM. I reached a state of good relaxation, in which energy started flowing more strongly. I noticed to need to exercise more, represented by the relatively strong beating of my heart, as if my body wants to go running or something. I can feel and hear the stronger beat, and feel the anxiety that is in my system.
I lie down and relax a bit, still feeling the need to exercise.

11/7/05 – Success – I practiced again just now, started at about 5:10 PM and ending just short of 5:25 PM. I sat and did the '4-2' meditation, wanting to relax after getting somewhat mentally vexed searching the web a lot and doing a lot of thinking and intellectualizing. I needed a mental break and meditation was great for it.
I sat and did the 4-2, relaxing, allowing energy and blood to flow. Just after the energy started to increase the imagery started. I felt like little bitty trickles of energy started, like light, very light tingles all throughout my body, and very thin and very small flows. Then I had a brief imagery as if my physical eyes were suddenly opened but the vision was warped, as if some kind of way my vision warped downward. The inner vision was like a warped down vision. I saw I think a forearm. It didn't seem to be my forearm, or that I was looking into this room through closed eyelids, but an imagery that was interest. I made mental note that the imagery started soon after more enhanced energetic activity started.
I continued and another brief imagery of either the same thing or close to it, in exactly the same way happened again. The very light, very minuscule but full-body energy sensations- something like pins and needs is the description- they would come and go. I had this brief occurrence of imagery 3 or 4 times total and then ended there. Total meditation time was about 14 minutes.

11/7/05 – Success – I started practice at about 5:40 PM. I had just had a success less than thirty minutes previous with reaching theta via sitting and doing 4:2 ratio rhythmic breathing, with relaxing and sitting in stillness. I decided to go back to practice to continue to unwind, and further get successes. It helped to think of working with and to help a projection friend at the forums.  
The practice went basically the same as the previous. I sat and inhaled 4, held 2, exhaled 4, and held empty 2. I paid more attention to the feel of energy this time and it wasn't really a tingling or a pins and needles. It was more like a very light but intimate full body rush of light energy. It was different, yet familiar. I'd never really paid so much attention to it before I guess.
I didn't get any imagery sitting down, and several times through to quit the session but this time I decided to keep going to see what would happen with the energy. It felt well, a kind of teasing well. It wasn't mind-blowing, but something was happening, and I knew it was healing so kept with it. I thought a bit of my life and happenings.
I decided after an indeterminate amount of time to lie down and see if either imagery would come, or I could get OBE into sleep as one of the threads at the forum and one of the members and I discussed, or if I could both get some imagery and get OBE going into sleep. I lay on my front; head turned to the side, and relaxed. I allowed my torso to rest on my ribcage and relaxed and released. I may have allowed or rather encouraged the energy to continue.
Shortly some imagery came. It was like... it just suddenly came. It was stronger. It is usual for a successive practice session to produce more progress than the proceeding practice session. There were signs there, and they were vivid enough for me to read. Just different signs were passing before me, as if dozens of signs were just floating around, and as they crossed before and behind each other I was able to reach whichever one was at the forefront at the moment.
Though I could clearly read each sign and clearly make them out, I didn't or perhaps couldn't like clearly remembering what the signs said. I didn't try though. It's similar to for instance when we read something, and then close the book, and then think, "What did I just read". Though I may not have consciously tried to memorize it, and though I wouldn't at the moment exactly clearly recall what it was, I know that if you try to recall it, the vague impression at the forefront is what it is. I've tested this several times and it works. It was an experience like this, but what it said was just a nudge further beyond the forefront impression being there to grasp.  
One sign I recall as being a bit odd, as it was a sort of maroon street sign with beige or gold-like writing. I clearly read several signs, and then I noticed, or was surprised by, a sense of loss of gravity. I didn't fully displace, but there was definitely some kind of disconnection from the physical, with brief sensations of limb movement, and several losses of gravity/floating/falling back type sensation experiences. I'll detail in my 'Into Sleep' OBE experiment journal...

** I'll conclude formally testing the imagery here
** The imagery meditations are/were very refreshing
___

** I forgot something in the journal entry. While still sitting down at the end of my imagery experimentations meditation, I started (imagining) looking at my hands, and imagining moving my hands and arms around, as I would when practicing the OBE into sleep experiment. This was a prelude to my OBE into sleep experiment that I decided to do from this meditation, and also an experiment to see if I could have caused a projection then sitting down. I think it helped.
Thanks...

Agntneo

I have no success to vidid imagery, but some dots and stuff have appeared.
People Can Fly

lkjewr

Hey.

Remember, that is often how it used to start for me. It's a process, a skill. Just keep practicing, regularly, daily, and you will progress to full blown images. This isn't the first time I meditated to get imagery. Those examples are beginnings what you can do if you practice regularly.

I added an addition to the above instructions for you:

7. Addition: You may not get imagery the first time, or the first day, or the first several times or days (or weeks) you practice. Your practices accrue over time by practicing daily. It's like with each practice you can get a little further.

I wish you success!!
Thanks...

Agntneo

Thanks alot, but how do I practice on this? Just focuse on the imagery and try to make it more vivid by focusing and imaginating?

:)
People Can Fly

lkjewr

Aren't you working on trying to get imagery?
Thanks...

Agntneo

I'm wondering how I can "work" on it?
People Can Fly