That was easy... I think?

Previous topic - Next topic

Sova114

I'm new here and I figure this is a good way to introduce myself. I'm 17, and I live in a suburb of Boston, attending a public high school. I have a strong intuition and somewhat frequently I get good/bad feelings situations that are almost always on par. Oh, and I'm Egyptian if that matters.

Last Thursday (nov 3rd) I started reading about OBE's and inducing them and all the astral plane etc. Yesterday morning I had my first OBE.. I THINK.

Let me make one thing clear-- I've never, ever had a lucid dream. On this particular night I was scared, I don't know why, maybe I'm still afraid of the dark. I dozed off feeling very lightheaded. Next thing I know I'm dreaming in a very strange state. My arms are shooting up in the air and flailing around to block my face. My perspective of this flailing starts spinning- literally spinning around and around. I could definitely feel this sensation as it confused me.

Next thing I know I'm next to my computer (which is across the room) and I don't feel fully conscious. But somehow I knew I was LDing or OBeing or something so I said "I am floating up" and I gained consciousness.

So I'm standing there with poor poor vision (as if I were squinting). I forgot to say "clarity now" I suppose. I glance around my room (not looking in the direction of my body). I decide to try to go through the ceiling-- I float up towards it but I can't get through it, I'm assuming because I didn't try hard enough. Then I floated over to the living room which is directly connected to mine, I looked around and then turned back. I decided to look at my hand as a test. It was very long, orange, and fingers were melting. This startled me and I thought "I want to go back to my body." Moments later I was back in my body and awake with no returning or rubber band sensation.

I hopped up with glee, POSITIVE I had an OBE. I have a terrible relationship with my parents, but I still woke them up to tell them what happened. I shared this with a few friends at school.

But today is tuesday, and that memory feels so distant and surreal now, as if it were merely a dream. At the time I was SURE I was concious, but my thoughts felt so heavy and my vision was hazy. Right now I'm confused if I OBE'ed or I had a lucid dream of me OBEing? Or maybe I'm just crazy.

If someone could go through the events and rationalize what state I was in at each point, that would be great. I've yet to conciously induce an OBE.. the last thing I remember as I went to sleep was trying NOT to have an OBE, strange huh?

I

magicmac2000

Scova114: welcome to the forums :) Well if you start practicing at your age, you will be a "Master" in a few years :)
Don't worry about how you feel about it now. A lot of times when you OBE, the memory of the event seem to be like a dream. Maybe you remember you were conscious but now you remember everything pretty much like a dream. That happens and doesn't mean it wasn't an OBE. I really don't know if yours was an OBE, but it seems like it with a lot of subconscious stuff there.

Keep practicing, practicing and practicing. You will find a lot of ways/techniques to stick on.

PS: good luck with your parents relationship ;)

Magic.
-Still can't find the Truth.
    (If there is one)

Stookie

QuoteRight now I'm confused if I OBE'ed or I had a lucid dream of me OBEing? Or maybe I'm just crazy.

You obviously had something kickin'. I wouldn't dwell on it too much. Just shoot for the next experience. I had my first experience about 3 months after learning about OBE's, but wasn't able to again for years. I think partially because I was so hung up on that first time, trying to convince myself of the validity and whether I could really do it.

QuoteIf someone could go through the events and rationalize what state I was in at each point, that would be great.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong, but trying to rationalize these experiences is going to make things tougher in the long run. Just go with it and be happy you get to experience this wonderful gift. After a few more times you won't need any validation.