I have a question

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgblar

If you could somehow transfer a part of spirit out of your body and seal it in something like an inanimate object would that make you bound to the physical world?Because if apart of your spirit is sealed up in an inanimate object you wouldn't pass on into the afterlife completely right because apart of you would still be stuck here?I don't know if this is possible or not i am just guessing and don't plan on trying this either and don't even know how it could possibly work.I am just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

AncientLokiRemains

No, because the physical world is only a result of our minds. 
The end is nigh: 12/21/2012

11:11: What's it mean to you?

"When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss looks into you." -Nietzsche

GLM ISO GWM

Down with the clown 'till I'm dead in the ground.

Feeling eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

zorgblar

Quote from: AncientLokiRemains on February 15, 2008, 18:52:21
No, because the physical world is only a result of our minds. 

I guess that's one way of looking at it.And you may or may not be right so your guess is as good as mine.

markulous

You mean a phylactery?  Or a Horacrux?  I suppose it's possible but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.  Death is just as important as life.  Dying isn't the end of the road it's just another step.

zorgblar

Quote from: markulous on February 15, 2008, 23:34:52
You mean a phylactery?  Or a Horacrux?  I suppose it's possible but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.  Death is just as important as life.  Dying isn't the end of the road it's just another step.

What is a phylactery and a horacrux? :?

AncientLokiRemains

Fictional final defenses.  Used by some to ensure that they never truly "die," or move on.  Usually the quasi-immortal places their soul within one of these, to escape slipping into the genuine afterlife.

One's soul can't truly be passed on unless you destroy these objects.
The end is nigh: 12/21/2012

11:11: What's it mean to you?

"When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss looks into you." -Nietzsche

GLM ISO GWM

Down with the clown 'till I'm dead in the ground.

Feeling eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

zorgblar

Quote from: AncientLokiRemains on February 16, 2008, 00:04:52
Fictional final defenses.  Used by some to ensure that they never truly "die," or move on.  Usually the quasi-immortal places their soul within one of these, to escape slipping into the genuine afterlife.

One's soul can't truly be passed on unless you destroy these objects.

Thanks for clearing that up.:)

zorgblar

After giving it serious thought the idea i asked about in my first post MIGHT be able to be accomplished with astral projection some how but even if you could do this it would probably be a BAD IDEA.

sterlingindigo

I suppose with proper intent, anything is possible.  Have no idea the result/consequences.  You may end up plodding around connected to a self-imposed ball and chain for an eon or two...which doesn't sound like freedom to me.  It brings up a lot of intersting questions concerning the mysterious force that binds our energy body together and what could potentially separate it.

Lucky

Quote from: zorgblar on February 15, 2008, 11:51:07
If you could somehow transfer a part of spirit out of your body and seal it in something like an inanimate object would that make you bound to the physical world?Because if apart of your spirit is sealed up in an inanimate object you wouldn't pass on into the afterlife completely right because apart of you would still be stuck here?I don't know if this is possible or not i am just guessing and don't plan on trying this either and don't even know how it could possibly work.I am just curious as to what everyone else thinks.

I got a short answer and a long answer.  The short answer is at the bottom of the page if ya prefer short posts.

Long answer:

You are asking quite advanced type questions here.

Ok, so try this on for size...

Q: If you could somehow transfer a part of spirit out of your body and seal it in something like an inanimate object would that make you bound to the physical world?

Let's say you could do that.  Transfer a part of your spirit out of your body... (let's not talk about seal it in something else just yet).

First of all it's possible.  It is.  It's definitely possible for a human being (i.e. a spiritual being in a human body) to transfer part of it's spirit into something else.  Bi-location is an example of it.  And I have read about people "being the tree" as in really being the tree and feeling as if the tree was their body.

Well if we can do that, we can certainly be a rock too, or maybe just put ourselves in a bottle or something.

But what really makes your question interesting are two things...

1.  You are asking about transferring just a part of spirit out of your body not all of it. 

2.  And then sealing it in!

So in order to transfer, we are about "splitting" spirit, as opposed to duplicating spirit, right?

If you are splitting a spirit, this implies two parts.  Which implies each part may be only proportionately 'alive' or as vital as it would be, if it were whole.  And thus not really complete as spirit goes, now that part has been split off.

If this is the way we're going with this, then this is where we get the ideas of True Loves, "slit-aparts", twin-flames, and twin souls, or "the-other-half-that-completes- me".  These kinds of concepts come out of this idea of splitting a soul or splitting spirit.  And I believe it's possible.

And not only that, I believe it's been done and done again, and you and I and most everyone else on earth is somewhat split apart from other aspects of Self. 

So in this regard, we do have this ability somewhere in our consciousness or subconsciousness. 

But can you or I do it now, at will?  Maybe, maybe not.  And would we want to... given our current state of consciousness and ability? 

I'm thinking we'd be more apt to want to rejoin aspect of self that we have split apart from...which might gain us more awareness and consciousness in the bigger picture.  (By the way this one of the "models" of how Life and Consciousness really works.  As we grow in experience, consciousness, awareness and ability... it is said that as we leave this earth life we eventually work our way back "up" to rejoin the rest of "Self".)

So this idea of splitting the spirit or the soul is actually pretty well accepted in some circles.

And as a matter of fact it's been said, just like you have been speculating... a part of you IS still stuck here!  And it's the you that's reading this!

Imagine for sec that there's a More Conscious, More Aware, Smarter You, that's NOT currently in the physical plane of existence.  Now imagine that, that "higher you", is going... "Man, how do I get the rest of me unstuck from the physical?"

Now imagine (just for kicks) that this other you has also put a part of Self into rocks, trees, planets, other people, about the same time it split apart of Self off and made itself into you.  Weird huh?  So just imagine this for a bit and put yourself into the shoes of this (real or imagined) other more Conscious Self.

Now ask yourself this question from that viewpoint.

"If I could somehow transfer a part of spirit out of my spiritual body in this higher plane and seal it in something like an inanimate object (or a human body) would that make me bound to the physical world?"

Hmmm, let me think.

Then maybe ask yourself this from that Higher self viewpoint:

If a part of my spirit is sealed up in an inanimate object (or a human body) I wouldn't pass on from there into the afterlife completely, right? Because apart of me would still be stuck there?  And I wouldn't move on from this (non-physical) plane I am in now, into the next higher plane, or next higher state of consciousness... because a part of me is still stuck in the physical, right?

I don't know.  What do you think?

Anyway, hope this helps you get a grip on some very deep stuff ya got going here.

Ok.  Now moving right along....

All the above was the long answer.

Here's the short answer:

what I believe is that is you were to split off part of your spirit and sealed it in something, the part that you sealed in, would in essence become another spiritual being, conscious of self, will the ability to think and choose and feel emotions.  If it's sealed into a rock or a bottle or something.  Just put yourself in that rock and take a look at what it feels like.  Also when you split off a part of self and do this little trick (spirit beings have been doing this sort of thing for ever) you have the option of giving that sealed in Self memory of how it got there, and why, or making it a blank slate.  Like "Where am I, and what's a nice Spirit like me doing in a place like this?"

So why I see this as such an interesting question is because it's all been done already and to YOU. (and me and others too of course).

Although it's cliche, what I find interesting as well is the fact that we are not just being humans trying to get spiritual, we are Spirits trying get human - and make it stick.

But it's all for fun, and for the adventure and the new experiences we get from putting ourselves in these seemingly crazy sets of earthly circumstances.

Ok, enough already.

Hope this helps.

Lucky

Zeitgeist! - Shocking, disturbing, but oh so enlightening!  (Zeit like height - Geist like heist) ...with many meanings, think Spirit of the Times.

Selski

Hi zorgblar

You asked me to respond.  I wouldn't normally respond to a thread such as this because there are too many assumptions/beliefs involved for me to formulate a reply that "fits".  However, I'll give it a shot...but I'll have to break down your questions...and then question you!!  :-)

Quote from: zorgblar
If you could somehow transfer a part of spirit out of your body and seal it in something like an inanimate object would that make you bound to the physical world?

I know that you are a Christian and therefore will respond respectfully.  Of course, as you are well aware, we all have different beliefs and so what I am about to put forward is not necessarily my belief.

Have you heard of people who can tell much about a person from touching an item that belongs to them?  For instance, if you passed a scarf to one of these people, they could reveal all sorts of information about you that there is no way they could previously know.  Well, that's sort of like leaving an imprint of yourself on whatever you touch.  It's like a memory of You.  I think (although I might be wrong) that these people can also pick up information about a dead person's belongings.

Therefore, we are already leaving 'essences' or 'memories' of ourselves all over the place.  So in a way, it does mean that those parts of us are still here on this earth.

But I know that's not really what you mean.  You are talking about earth-bound spirits, right?  There's a lot of discussion that if you are addicted to this life or earth when you die, you somehow get trapped here. 

I guess it's possible.  I believe anything is possible.  I also believe that it depends on choice.  If you choose to have the experience of being tied to earth (when you are spirit), you will.  It explains ghosts...however other things explain ghosts too.

Quote from: zorgblarBecause if apart of your spirit is sealed up in an inanimate object you wouldn't pass on into the afterlife completely right because apart of you would still be stuck here?

I reckon we are so complex, with many many different aspects to us, that we are all over the place already.  Because I can recall my Grandma in my mind and bring back a beautiful day at the beach with her - does that mean she is still here?  Nah, she's gone, but to me, she can be 'real' if I close my eyes and relive that day.

I think we have the ability to leave bits of us here and there without losing the main part of us.  Rather like a tree that sheds its leaves every autumn.  When the leaves are on the tree, they are vital and important.  However, the tree survives if the leaves are on or off. 

Does any of that make sense?

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

zorgblar

Quote from: Selski on February 17, 2008, 13:44:28
Hi zorgblar

You asked me to respond.  I wouldn't normally respond to a thread such as this because there are too many assumptions/beliefs involved for me to formulate a reply that "fits".  However, I'll give it a shot...but I'll have to break down your questions...and then question you!!  :-)

I know that you are a Christian and therefore will respond respectfully.  Of course, as you are well aware, we all have different beliefs and so what I am about to put forward is not necessarily my belief.

Have you heard of people who can tell much about a person from touching an item that belongs to them?  For instance, if you passed a scarf to one of these people, they could reveal all sorts of information about you that there is no way they could previously know.  Well, that's sort of like leaving an imprint of yourself on whatever you touch.  It's like a memory of You.  I think (although I might be wrong) that these people can also pick up information about a dead person's belongings.

Therefore, we are already leaving 'essences' or 'memories' of ourselves all over the place.  So in a way, it does mean that those parts of us are still here on this earth.

But I know that's not really what you mean.  You are talking about earth-bound spirits, right?  There's a lot of discussion that if you are addicted to this life or earth when you die, you somehow get trapped here. 

I guess it's possible.  I believe anything is possible.  I also believe that it depends on choice.  If you choose to have the experience of being tied to earth (when you are spirit), you will.  It explains ghosts...however other things explain ghosts too.

I reckon we are so complex, with many many different aspects to us, that we are all over the place already.  Because I can recall my Grandma in my mind and bring back a beautiful day at the beach with her - does that mean she is still here?  Nah, she's gone, but to me, she can be 'real' if I close my eyes and relive that day.

I think we have the ability to leave bits of us here and there without losing the main part of us.  Rather like a tree that sheds its leaves every autumn.  When the leaves are on the tree, they are vital and important.  However, the tree survives if the leaves are on or off. 

Does any of that make sense?

Sarah

Yes that does make some sense.

dotster

I like Selski's response.

This whole thread kind of just makes me think I'm reading that Harry Potter book all over again.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

zorgblar

Quote from: Lucky on February 17, 2008, 13:07:05

So in order to transfer, we are about "splitting" spirit, as opposed to duplicating spirit, right?

Yes tht's what i was talking about.

And just for the record i don't believe in the higher self idea.Some people do but i don't.

zorgblar

Quote from: Lucky on February 17, 2008, 13:07:05

what I believe is that is you were to split off part of your spirit and sealed it in something, the part that you sealed in, would in essence become another spiritual being, conscious of self, will the ability to think and choose and feel emotions.  If it's sealed into a rock or a bottle or something.  Just put yourself in that rock and take a look at what it feels like.  Also when you split off a part of self and do this little trick (spirit beings have been doing this sort of thing for ever) you have the option of giving that sealed in Self memory of how it got there, and why, or making it a blank slate.  Like "Where am I, and what's a nice Spirit like me doing in a place like this?"

If this would turn out to be true that would be REALLY cool!Unless it somehow backfires on you somehow. :-)

Lucky

Quote from: zorgblar on February 17, 2008, 17:31:25
And just for the record i don't believe in the higher self idea.Some people do but i don't.

I have a question for you.

Just for the record what do you believe in?
Zeitgeist! - Shocking, disturbing, but oh so enlightening!  (Zeit like height - Geist like heist) ...with many meanings, think Spirit of the Times.

zorgblar

Quote from: Lucky on February 19, 2008, 11:57:20
I have a question for you.

Just for the record what do you believe in?

I believe that inside all of us is a spirit body that is sometimes able to leave the body by being projected away from it and that after we die we either go to heaven or hell or wander the earth as a ghost if our spirit gets somehow trapped before we can pass on into the afterlife.And that's what i believe.