I Need An Astral Projection Audio Book Recommendation

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasmaAstralProjection

OK so my brother said that he might listen to an audio book about astral projection. He's a very smart guy and has his bachelors in computer science. He's a no non-sense kind of guy believing the material world is all that there is. What audio book about astral projection would be best for an atheist, naturalist, materialistic kind of guy like himself?

On a side note he tired lucid dreaming years ago but felt himself falling and he got scared and came back and never tried it again. But he might be willing to try it again.

T-Man

Your description of your brother sounded a lot like myself a few years ago.  Even though I had a couple of OBE's over the past decades I didn't really know what happened and I was completely unaware of astral projection.  I am an avid audio book listener and a few years ago I came across Bob Monroe's books.  It sounded interesting so I thought I would give it a try.  I was hooked instantly since it helped explain my past experiences.  Whether or not Bob got things right or not isn't really the point.  I was glad I started with his books since every other audio book I've listened to or book I've read all talk about Bob.  I would have eventually read them anyways to find out who he was!  Anyways, I listen to and read as many books I can on the subject so there could certainly be better first listens but either way I was hooked.
The Adventure Continues...

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: T-Man on April 21, 2019, 16:30:56
Your description of your brother sounded a lot like myself a few years ago.  Even though I had a couple of OBE's over the past decades I didn't really know what happened and I was completely unaware of astral projection.  I am an avid audio book listener and a few years ago I came across Bob Monroe's books.  It sounded interesting so I thought I would give it a try.  I was hooked instantly since it helped explain my past experiences.  Whether or not Bob got things right or not isn't really the point.  I was glad I started with his books since every other audio book I've listened to or book I've read all talk about Bob.  I would have eventually read them anyways to find out who he was!  Anyways, I listen to and read as many books I can on the subject so there could certainly be better first listens but either way I was hooked.
So are you recommending Bob Monroe as a first audio book for my brother? Or would there be a better first read for him. I would say one that doesn't drill in the idea that astral projection is an objective reality outside of the physical. And I would add one that is inspirational. Since he's not really into this kind of thing right now. He only said he would listen to an audio book because of my recent astral projection.

T-Man

Yes, my recommendation would be 'Journey's Out of the Body' by Bob Monroe.

This book is not a technical book on how to have OBE's.  I think it is a good introduction to the subject matter since Bob describes his strange experiences he had and how he tried to investigate them further when he finally realized he wasn't ill or dying.  There are certainly many technical books out there for people practicing astral projection but I don't think that is what your brother is looking for at this time.  There are also many good audio books on the introduction to Lucid Dreaming.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: T-Man on April 21, 2019, 17:09:33
Yes, my recommendation would be 'Journey's Out of the Body' by Bob Monroe.

This book is not a technical book on how to have OBE's.  I think it is a good introduction to the subject matter since Bob describes his strange experiences he had and how he tried to investigate them further when he finally realized he wasn't ill or dying.  There are certainly many technical books out there for people practicing astral projection but I don't think that is what your brother is looking for at this time.  There are also many good audio books on the introduction to Lucid Dreaming.
The only thing I don't like about Bob Monroe is that he speaks in odd ways sometimes. What would be your next two picks?

T-Man

Here are a few recommendations for audio books:

Adventures in the Afterlife - William Buhlman
How to Have an Out of Body Experience - William Buhlman

Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self - Robert Waggoner

Lucid Dreaming Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to Waking Up in Your Dreams - Charlie Morley

A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics- Dylan Tuccillo, Jared Zeizel, Thomas Peisel

Dream Gates - Robert Moss

Reality Unveiled: The Hidden Keys of Existence That Will Transform Your Life (and the World) - Zaid Masri

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: T-Man on April 21, 2019, 21:49:26

Lucid Dreaming Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to Waking Up in Your Dreams - Charlie Morley

A Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming: Mastering the Art of Oneironautics- Dylan Tuccillo, Jared Zeizel, Thomas Peisel

Reality Unveiled: The Hidden Keys of Existence That Will Transform Your Life (and the World) - Zaid Masri

T-man.... LOL, Just purchased the two books off amazon by William Buhlman... Thank you for the recommendation.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: T-Man on April 21, 2019, 21:49:26

Thanks I'll look through these and see which would be a good first fit for my brother.

T-Man

Quote from: SCHMUSTIN on April 22, 2019, 15:47:14
T-man.... LOL, Just purchased the two books off amazon by William Buhlman... Thank you for the recommendation.

SCHMUSTIN,

Did you buy audio or paperback?  Just curious!  I try to buy what I can in this subject on audio but unfortunately not everything is available.  There are lots of great books/authors out there but when I can't find them in audio I buy them in paperback.  I have quite the collection in both formats now.  I love the audio because I can listen while doing something else at the same time.

T-Man

Quote from: PlasmaAstralProjection on April 22, 2019, 23:46:45
Thanks I'll look through these and see which would be a good first fit for my brother.

PlasmaAstralProjection,

I'm sure you will find something for your brother to listen to.  If the subject matter resonates with him he will continue...!

SCHMUSTIN

Quote from: T-Man on April 23, 2019, 00:13:44
SCHMUSTIN,

Did you buy audio or paperback?  Just curious!  I try to buy what I can in this subject on audio but unfortunately not everything is available.  There are lots of great books/authors out there but when I can't find them in audio I buy them in paperback.  I have quite the collection in both formats now.  I love the audio because I can listen while doing something else at the same time.

I purchased paperback... I am a fan of holding a book in my hands and using my eyes wherever possible. I do have audio versions of some as i agree there are times like long drives where reading can be dangerous.

I should look at getting audio versions of some others I have tho!