I THINK I DID IT!!

Previous topic - Next topic

bonthan

After 3 weeks of trying to astral project through meditation, I did not do any better. I ran to the library and borrowed the "adventures beyond the body" By William Buhlman. It was an interesting read but it sounds too good to believe. In the book he suggested a technique of saying the affirmation outload and imagine yourself feeling the environment. Last night I tried doing that, and woke up at 7 AM without any result, i was like "this is bulls***".

After eating breakfast without nothing else to do I went to bed again and try that technique one more time. So I was saying the term "I want out-of-body" over and over for a minute and then visualize myself in my bathroom touching every single object and feel their texture, I got so sleepy and slept. Then I woke up, and immediatly i knew something was not right, I felt a vibration running through my body, I suspected, so I tried to move my arms, I cannot move it, I looked down and I see this blue, transparent hand sticking up out of nowhere, I tried to reach the wall of my bed but I couldn't. but the transparent blue hand was there, I'm pretty sure it was mine even though it was fuller than mine, I'm kindda skinny.

I could not turn my head, I was paralysed. Everything was really colorful, it was the same as in physical environment but everything was washed with strange lights, I remember the ceiling looking like it is covered in the green aurora in the picture of the North Poles. But the scary thing is on the side of my bed, there is this one creature, it has a horse head and a very bony arm, I cannot see it in detail because it was like brown specter, and I cannot turn my lead. Any way this creature holding down my neck with it's bony arm, I do not feel any pressure at all though but i know that it's where my throat should be. I try to float out of my body but I could not, my mind was occupied with with horse-headed creature.

I was really scared so I think to myself: "protect me with light" as many as suggested and suddenly everything around me grew dark, and from the ceiling there is this very powerful orange light pour down on me, this makes the creature disappear. But I cannot keep the protective light for long, the light goes away, and the creature comes back, it's hands on my throat, in an instant of fear i let my imagination run wild and try to see the creature clearer, suddenly the creature seem to become stronger, I see the ceiling becomes a dark green moon with green cloud surround it, it was freakish, and the creature pulls itself closer to me. I think he was enter right through my body and trying to possess me or something I was petrified and try to think of my physical body and try to move my head. My head moves and everything in my vision becomes normal and the vibration dies down. I could still the tingling but there was no vibration. Then I could move my whole body. I realized that my eyes was open the whole time just not wide enough. I looked at the clock and realize it's been forty minutes.

I was like "WOW!! That was surreal!". I'm very sure it was absolutely not a dream, I still had access to my own thought and it FELT real, but not physically real, but too real to be a dream. I no longer had doubt that you can travel out of your body but I still have to go further to verify more. But I can tell you , it was amazing. The vibration itself wasn't as bad as people said, but the paralyzing feeling was VERY scary. So for anybody who cannot mediate to astral project, try to use the technique I used, visualize yourself feeling a similar environment and keep your thought on it and drift to sleep. I tried to go again but I was too excited to sleep. It was MINDBLOWING.

PS: one more thing, I was still worried that my next experience the horse thing wil come back, but all i had to do was concentrate on the protective light, right? Anybody have tips for leaving my body, I was stuck with my hand out. I know my experience was nothing impressive but it's good enough indication for me to keep going because now I know that it is real.

dbmathis

Congrats, that's a very cool experience you had.

Perhaps you were harboring some negative thoughts that you were unaware of and they manifested themselves as the house headed demon. I would make sure that you eliminate all bad thoughts and this may possibly eliminate the horse man.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

My AP Progress -> http://www.malleablelight.net

bonthan

should i eliminate bad thoughts before i sleep or all the time. Because it would be hard to eliminate them all the time. Lol, are perversion considered bad thoughts??  :-D Anyway I'll try again tonight. I think it's gonna be scarier seeing that horse thing at night but I gotta try anyway. At first when I got the vibration I was like Oh my god this is it! Then I see the damn horse man. Thanks I'll try to eliminate my bad thoughts.

dbmathis

It's best to try to eliminate all bad thoughts all the time, but like you mention, that's humanly impossible. The key is the intention behind it and not dwelling on negative.

I am sure others will chime in and have other suggestions as well.

Regarding the technique you are using, it's a good one. I read that book as well and learned a lot form it.

Best Regards

David
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

My AP Progress -> http://www.malleablelight.net

EscapeVelocity

Congratulations bonthan,

I'll add a little to what dbmathis said,

In the old days, according to Theosophic theory, you encountered the "Dweller on the Threshold" phenomenon, which basically postulated that every new astral projector would encounter a 'guardian' standing at the 'gates of the astral' challenging any who would think they were worthy to enter...

IMO, and what seems to be the more modern thinking is that this is some residual subconscious fear that you still hold, even though you may be unaware of it, and this is how it manifests, scaring you or challenging you, trying to get you to retreat back into sleepy unconsciousness. Just the simple fact that you didn't let it terrorize you and blow the whole experience is a significant accomplishment. Next time the horsehead may not even appear; if it does (and it might even change form) then you'll need to deal with it.

You have several degrees of options: the best would be to send it waves of unconditional Love, thank it for its gentle warning, but tell it that it's no longer necessary, that you're ready to move forward. Or, you could 'COMMAND' it to leave you alone in any manner of personally suitable ways. Or you could attack it, whereupon it may instantly retreat or give you a good fight...or simply ignore it and focus on moving out of body.

Eliminate negative thoughts as best you can, anywhere, anytime. Also, program your subconcious with positive affirmations toward what you are trying to accomplish; it seems almost too simple, but it is nonetheless very effective.

The other thing I notice is that , yes, the Buhlman technique seemed to work well for you, but also keep in mind the WakeBackToBed (WBTB) method that you may have inadvertantly applied. Your body was rested but could fairly readily slip back to sleep, same with your mind. But you keep your mind occupied 'just enough' while your body slips easily into a very relaxed state, and that's when the fun begins. :-D

Hope some of this gives you ideas.

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

bonthan

Thank you David and EV. And EV, in the last paragraph of your post, i don't understand what do you mean in the last paragraph, please explain for me, thanks.

And you guys know what happen? I try to tell my brother and my parents about my experience and THEY FREAKING LAUGHED!! I tried to tell them that it was real I felt it and I swear that I was not lying but they said I should concentrate my time on the actual reality I am living in and stop worrying about far away and useless things like that. While my retarded little brother said I was hallucinating because he said he had similar experience, and he said it was hallucination. Now I don't even want to tell my friend, they'd sure laugh. I only want them to learn astral projection and find out the truth for themselves cuz as a family i don't want to keep the good things to myself but they're too hard-headed to try to listen to me. I guess I gotta find a way to prove it to them, but I don't know how, I know that the card trick might not work because the astral plane is not the physical dimension. :oops:

ancient_one

Quote from: bonthan on February 27, 2009, 02:50:13
Thank you David and EV. And EV, in the last paragraph of your post, i don't understand what do you mean in the last paragraph, please explain for me, thanks.

And you guys know what happen? I try to tell my brother and my parents about my experience and THEY FREAKING LAUGHED!! I tried to tell them that it was real I felt it and I swear that I was not lying but they said I should concentrate my time on the actual reality I am living in and stop worrying about far away and useless things like that. While my retarded little brother said I was hallucinating because he said he had similar experience, and he said it was hallucination. Now I don't even want to tell my friend, they'd sure laugh. I only want them to learn astral projection and find out the truth for themselves cuz as a family i don't want to keep the good things to myself but they're too hard-headed to try to listen to me. I guess I gotta find a way to prove it to them, but I don't know how, I know that the card trick might not work because the astral plane is not the physical dimension. :oops:

When I used to talk to my family about this originally, I referred to the experience as if it were a different kind of a dream, even though I knew it was not.  There was no reason to open myself up to ridicule if they thought I was making it all up. As a dream, it was a safe topic to explore.  As it turned out, a couple of my family members had similar "dreams" so we could discuss this without one or the other of us sounding too far "out there."  It can pay to not tell too many details until you know your audience is receptive.
Ancient_one
My Other Reality Blog
http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/

My Alternative Energy Blog
http://greenalternativeblog.blogspot.com/

bonthan

Last night I couldn't astral project because I was so tired, so I tried again this morning. And again, I'm stuck, but the horse thing is gone. I cannot get out of my body, I tried to visualize a rope hanging down, so I see a purple rope comes down at me, I hold on to it and it lifted me off like an inch, I feel coldness on my leg but that's the farthest I could go. Any good idea on how to get out guys?

CFTraveler

Don't just wait for the rope to pull you up.  Pull yourself up with your energy arms.

EscapeVelocity

bonthan,

what I was trying to describe in the last paragraph of my response about the WBTB method was with regard to your description of your experience where you explained that you woke up at 7am, got something to eat and then returned to bed.

The Wake Back To Bed method recommends that you go to sleep at your normal bedtime, say 11pm, but rather than getting a 'full' nights sleep ( say you normally wake up at 7 or 8am) instead you set your alarm for 3 or 4am...you get up and putter around for 30 minutes to an hour and then return to bed and begin your meditation or exit process. Now, the trick is, during the 30 minutes to an hour that you're awake, don't just lay there dozing, but also don't go jogging for an hour. Maybe read for awhile, stretch a little, clean your room, write some OBE affirmations...the trick is to do something 'in between' for both your mind and body that both engages them and 'wakes' them up but NOT TO THE POINT where you feel like now you're fully awake and might as well just stay up and start your day.

If you just lay there dozing, you're more likely to fall back into sleep; maybe at best you'll get a Lucid.

This technique serves two important purposes: 1- your physical body has had enough 'deep, restful sleep' that it won't just drag your awareness down into the depths of oblivion; 2- your awareness will still be 'relaxed' enough that you can more easily enter into a 'trance state' which translates to an exit opportunity with more lucidity.

It's a fine line, a delicate balance, to find what initially works for you. Maybe this, coupled with the Buhlman technique that you found is 'your' particular trigger. Experiment and have fun!

And don't necessarily expect any exit symptoms immediately, it can still take an hour or more; sometimes nothing happens for me until I give up and roll over to go back to sleep...then BANG!

After years of evening meditations, toying with exit symptoms, I realised, quite by accident that the early morning tek was my individual trigger. Maybe with time and continued practice, I'll be able to succeed with an early evening exit someday.

Also, what CFT said...ya gotta climb the rope. In more ways than one. :-D

Keep on trucking!

EV
                                                          -O. Wilde

SkepticBoy

Its quite simple what happened to this guy........he went into sleep paralaysis and hallucinated. Its not uncommon at all.

zareste

QuoteIts quite simple what happened to this guy........he went into sleep paralaysis and hallucinated. Its not uncommon at all.
probably not a good place to spread your goofy belief system

SkepticBoy

PissedOff24

Alright, well, since Science has not been able to determine that this is indeed a "FACT", I want you to find out the answer using scientific research and tests, and then show the unaltered results to me. You seem like a smart guy, you can do it!  :-D

bonthan

Hey guys i have a question, does the vibration goes away after you exit your body??

SKepticBOy are you a troll? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

ancient_one

Quote from: bonthan on March 03, 2009, 11:42:34
Hey guys i have a question, does the vibration goes away after you exit your body??

SKepticBOy are you a troll? I don't think you know what you're talking about.

For me, I do not think the vibrations go away as much as I turn my focus elsewhere.  When I return from where the focus has been, the vibration are there still, and I try to work them up again before making another trip.
Ancient_one
My Other Reality Blog
http://otherrealityblog.blogspot.com/

My Alternative Energy Blog
http://greenalternativeblog.blogspot.com/

SkepticBoy

No i'm not a troll.

With lots of respect, I think you know I pose reasonable explanations.

zareste

Oh I think he's just 'preaching the word' and not trolling. There really are people who believe that stuff

EscapeVelocity

I think ancient_one states it pretty succinctly,

once I 'tune in', I automatically shift my focus elsewhere and forget about the vibrations. When I rejoin the physical, I may notice the vibrations or I may not. Sometimes I can 'rev' them up again for another excursion, or if my energy is low, I can't and they fade or slow down.
                                                          -O. Wilde

PissedOff24

Quote from: SkepticBoy on March 03, 2009, 17:48:27
No i'm not a troll.

With lots of respect, I think you know I pose reasonable explanations.

Lol, I responded to you in another topic. Science itself hasn't even posed any reasonable explanations, facts or overall evidence that this is indeed hallucination. They think it could be your brain that triggers this, but they still don't know this yet! So you have no reasonable explanations or facts for anything.