Is it safe to "Wake back to bed" multiple nights in a row?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I only ask because I like to have routine, when I say I'll do something "Sometimes" I'll probably not end up doing it. So I thought if I used the WBTB technique for 3-4 days a week I could say organised when using what I find the easiest lucid dreaming/astral projection technique.

Xanth

You can wbtb every single night... I can't imagine that there's any issue with this. 
Yes, it's perfectly safe.

Xanth

proyect_outzone

I did it 10 years ago over 2 years. It had no negative consequences. The only reason, why i dont do it now is, because it would rouse my wife. THIS would have negative consequences  :roll:.

AstralCody

Sure. =D

My sleep schedule is so off that I don't even have a schedule anymore for the time being. I use the schedule to my advantage though. You can tamper with these things and play around with them as much as you like. Good luck! =D

justin35ll

Quote from: proyect_outzone on February 10, 2013, 22:10:29
I did it 10 years ago over 2 years. It had no negative consequences. The only reason, why i dont do it now is, because it would rouse my wife. THIS would have negative consequences  :roll:.

Haha I don't see any other consequences that could be worse than that..

roman67

Ya, you can do WBTB every night. There is no issue in that.

Bedeekin

I've been doing a play on the WBTB method for years and it hasn't effected him.

Jdeadevil

Quote from: Xanth on February 10, 2013, 22:03:18
Is there something you've "heard" that made you wonder this?

I'm not sure, I thought maybe I should consider not doing it if I had a busy day ahead, like maybe my brain wouldn't learn information easily or something. But it's good to know the worst thing that could happen is waking up a woman (or gay guy). :D

Xtensity

Safe? Sure.

Healthy for your sleep quality? I wouldn't count on it. The body and nervous system cannot adequately recover and get to those deep stages of sleep for the needed periods if you're constantly waking up. Some people can operate on poor sleep, others can't. You really won't know until you try for yourself. Though it's unlikely there'd be any serious consequences other than maybe some fatigue the following days from poor sleep.

Astralsuzy

The only way of knowing is to try it for yourself.  I would start on a day that you do not go to work the next day.  You may surprise yourself.  You may not get sleep deprived.  I say this is because I do not get sleep deprived.  I tried it months ago every morning and to my amazement I do not get tired.  I need my sleep about eight hours.  I admit I might get tired late in the day.  If that happens I go to bed early.  I have not tried to ap lately as I have someone staying with us.  I do not want her to think I am strange if she sees me in the back room lying on the floor.  I am looking forward starting again.

embrace

WBTB is based on the idea of breaking your natural sleeping pattern - that's when we are likely to experience sleep paralysis and usually either LD or OOBE happens as a result of that. If you make it your daily thing, it will become your new sleeping pattern and your body will get used to that. I think it wouldn't work if you do it every day for a long time.

Bedeekin

Quote from: embrace on February 15, 2013, 03:06:24
WBTB is based on the idea of breaking your natural sleeping pattern - that's when we are likely to experience sleep paralysis and usually either LD or OOBE happens as a result of that. If you make it your daily thing, it will become your new sleeping pattern and your body will get used to that. I think it wouldn't work if you do it every day for a long time.

Yes... I found the weekend my OOBE days of rest because I would sleep in. :)