Really Tired

Previous topic - Next topic

heter

HI. I tried to project again today and I felt some pretty strong sensations  in My chest and stomach with the point shift method. After maybe 15minutes of not projecting I quit. I realized that I still felt strange after word and I feel exhausted right now. Could it e that I projected but my consciousness did not go with my astral body? Or is the process just very demanding?

glacius*

Quote from: heterHI. I tried to project again today and I felt some pretty strong sensations  in My chest and stomach with the point shift method. After maybe 15minutes of not projecting I quit. I realized that I still felt strange after word and I feel exhausted right now. Could it e that I projected but my consciousness did not go with my astral body? Or is the process just very demanding?

Its a very exhausting process. And when you stop you will still be in a trance so you feel groggy for a while. Its fun trying to walk around when still in a trance because you have bad balance and delayed reaction and impaired motor skills :D
Addicted to reason
It fortifies my existence here
a hollow understanding trapped me here
I cannot see inside but its calling me
a god that does not speak, judge or lie and
this eye watches over me
I seem to know you well
www.mushroomstump.com

laiana

I am reading Astral Dynamics, heter, and what you experienced sounds exactly like what Robert describes in one of his chapters about the mind split, and how he felt like all the signs of projection were there, but then it appeared that nothing happened.  He did however maintain the trance state after this.

What had actually happened is that an OBE did in fact take place, but due to the mind split his physical/etheric body did not realise it until he saw his astral body re-enter the room.

Its a fascinating book, I am really enjoying it!

heter

Ok well how do I stop this from happening?

laiana

I'm not sure - I'm very new to this too :(  

Have you read Astral Dynamics?  Its an excellent resource for the peculiarities of OBE.  I can't remember what the book said (I'm at work, and the book is at home) so can't really help.

Leo Volont

I agree with Laiana -- that you may have projected, but nothing returned to give you a memory imprint.  It may have happened, but without a memory imprint, it is as though it did not happen.

However, this lack of memory can be rectified.  The next time you have a Lucid Dream, access your Dreamself's Memory -- simply think to yourself while in a dream "Do I remember having Astrally Projected?"  Oh yes!  It will unleash a flood of memories.

AndrewTheSinger

15 minutes? Sometimes it takes me hours to get in trance.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

astralspinner

Quote15 minutes? Sometimes it takes me hours to get in trance.

How are you attempting to enter trance?? It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes!

glacius*

Yeah it could be the mind split as well. I don't really believe there is a mind split. If if there is,  it would explain why you feel so exhausted though.
Addicted to reason
It fortifies my existence here
a hollow understanding trapped me here
I cannot see inside but its calling me
a god that does not speak, judge or lie and
this eye watches over me
I seem to know you well
www.mushroomstump.com

laiana

Quote from: Leo VolontI agree with Laiana -- that you may have projected, but nothing returned to give you a memory imprint.  It may have happened, but without a memory imprint, it is as though it did not happen.

However, this lack of memory can be rectified.  The next time you have a Lucid Dream, access your Dreamself's Memory -- simply think to yourself while in a dream "Do I remember having Astrally Projected?"  Oh yes!  It will unleash a flood of memories.

Hey cool!!  I am going to remember that :)

AndrewTheSinger

Astralspinner, I lay down, wait till I can stay comfortably motionless and stare wide into the darkness of my closed eyelids. I try not to look anywhere else until I receive an impression. When it's coming I visualize sparkles, glass, water, texts...

How do you do it?
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

astralspinner

Clear my mind of all thoughts, focus on how my mind feels, and focus on relaxing it as much as possible. Consciously block any intruding new trains of thought. The mind-awake body-asleep state follows in minutes.

heter

Quote from: astralspinnerClear my mind of all thoughts, focus on how my mind feels, and focus on relaxing it as much as possible. Consciously block any intruding new trains of thought. The mind-awake body-asleep state follows in minutes.

Same

Leo Volont

Quote from: astralspinnerClear my mind of all thoughts, focus on how my mind feels, and focus on relaxing it as much as possible. Consciously block any intruding new trains of thought. The mind-awake body-asleep state follows in minutes.

I've noticed though that it is often difficult to keep thoughts from intruding at night.  It requires consciousness of innocence to have a peaceful mind.  If you have had a disturbing day, it is likely your mind will still be in upheaval when it is time to go to sleep.

Therefore, in the interests of keeping your mind in a state where it can be relaxed, try in every occassion to 'keep the peace' during the day.  Things NOT said seldom come back to haught you.  Not flipping off the driver in the next car is not something you will think about later.  

It is particularly important to refrain from anger.  Some Guru once told me that after a full blown temper tantrum it takes 72 hours for the mental excitement to entirely subside.  Being irritated is not nearly that disturbing, but giving full vent to in and indulging ones anger -- THAT is what reverberates for the next couple of days.

Anyway, it helps to be easy going.

astralspinner

That, I believe, is why many people like meditating in the mornings - they haven't had any emotional upheavals to clutter up their mind with lots of surface thoughts.

I certainly find meditating late in the evening to be much more difficult than at other times. But since I don't find it that easy first thing in the morning either, I generally find lunchtime and the afternoon after work to be the best times.

I think the reason I have problems in the morning is that I wake up to an alarm clock, so I'm still tired. Weekend morning sessions are no problem.

Another thing I've noticed is that the longer it's been since I meditated, the harder it is to do it. Which leads to the conclusion that meditation's effects linger for a while, leaving you with a calmer mind for quite some time. So if you miss a day or two, your mind is much more unsettled, and so you can't calm it enough to meditate.

I missed a day or two last week, and it took three meditation attempts to get back to the point that I could reach trance again. Before and since those missed sessions, I hit trance every time in just a matter of minutes.

So there are quite a lot of things that can make it harder to meditate, and it's no wonder that some people have such difficulty with it. Especially the ones who only use it to try and project. If you try once or twice a week to meditate, and then with the sole aim of getting Out, you'll have very little chance of success reaching and maintaining the necessary trance state. Or so it seems to me, anyway.

heter

Quote from: astralspinnerThat, I believe, is why many people like meditating in the mornings - they haven't had any emotional upheavals to clutter up their mind with lots of surface thoughts.

I certainly find meditating late in the evening to be much more difficult than at other times. But since I don't find it that easy first thing in the morning either, I generally find lunchtime and the afternoon after work to be the best times.

I think the reason I have problems in the morning is that I wake up to an alarm clock, so I'm still tired. Weekend morning sessions are no problem.

Another thing I've noticed is that the longer it's been since I meditated, the harder it is to do it. Which leads to the conclusion that meditation's effects linger for a while, leaving you with a calmer mind for quite some time. So if you miss a day or two, your mind is much more unsettled, and so you can't calm it enough to meditate.

I missed a day or two last week, and it took three meditation attempts to get back to the point that I could reach trance again. Before and since those missed sessions, I hit trance every time in just a matter of minutes.

So there are quite a lot of things that can make it harder to meditate, and it's no wonder that some people have such difficulty with it. Especially the ones who only use it to try and project. If you try once or twice a week to meditate, and then with the sole aim of getting Out, you'll have very little chance of success reaching and maintaining the necessary trance state. Or so it seems to me, anyway.

Yes, I definetly agree with you that meditations effects linger. I live with my granda, and it is very hard to hold back when it comes to defending yourself with the things she says, but when I meditate I find it easy. Now that I have not meditated for a few days, I find myself talking back alot and only making the situation worse.

I also find it harder to clear the mind at night. The best time for me would proably be some time in the middle of the day.