Not sure if this is an OBE, but ....

Previous topic - Next topic

Nay

Welcome to the forums CSteel!  Sounds like you are having projections and going into the RTZ (real time zone) it is the closest nonphysical level to the physical universe. It is where most projector find themselves when they first project out of body.

Seeing out of your eyelids is a good indication that you are in the RTZ. Sometimes only cloudy shapes or indisinct images of the surrounding room. But according to RB, a stronger level of real-time sight can be mistaken for normal physical sight.

Also that heavy feeling is another indication of being in the RTZ. Sounds like you are doing great. [:D] Getting farther away from your body should help with that.

The latter part of your post sounds like two things are happening, you're feeling your astral and physical at the same time, hence the someone touching your face.  The other part, feeling as if someone is watching you, sounds like the "dweller on the threshold"

"It is another aspect of the natural barrier that fear creates. It can happen in many variations, but is usually a combination of things. Immediately after exit, you find a shadowy, menacing humanoid shape, that may just stand there or it may take a few steps forward and make threatening gestures. Robert goes on to say, it may threaten you with doom and gloom if you continue with your projection, but the classic dweller monster never attacks or harms a projector. He (RB) has not had a single report of a dweller so much as touching a projecter. It is a illusion. It should be confronted and ordered away or totally ignored, or both."

You didn't say you saw anything but just felt it, I think it still applies, just hasn't shown itself yet..

Hope this helps..I look foward to hearing more of your experiences..

Nay

dkj400

You know your pretty lucky that this all happens 'just like that' without any effort on your part :/

CSteel

Nay,
 Thank you for the informative response.  I find it to be very helpful considering I was unsure of what I was experiencing.  I look forward to posting further experiences.

dkj400,
 Not sure why the projection happens haphazardly.  I am going to look into trying to project willingly, and see if I can do it.  Then I am going to see if both the willing projection and pre-sleep projection are the same.

Sorry if I put up a lot of information, I figured you guys could form more precise responses if you had an idea of who I am.  I hope I will be able to post further insight on these projections.

Lastly, the reason I came up with the spirit hypothesis was because my friend suggested that it might be some spirit trying to reach me.

Nay

You're welcome CSteel and no need to be sorry, it's helps to have lots of information, so others can help you better.

Nay [^]

jilola

Well, imho dreams are OBEs we are  not consciously aware.

What you describe sounds like RTZ projections and the sensations usually associated with the process.
The experience of tryig to see the 'presence' behind youu and getting pulled further into a scene or reality is consistent with the confusion of being able to perceive the entirety of your surroundings; the more you try to see one way the further that direction takes your surroundings away from what seems to be the natural perception.

Also the dog's growling may be your projected assumption of something unexpected (you in the astral/RTZ) and your dog's (astral counterpart's) response to it. In other words, the way your dog seemed to behave may be more in your imagination and less in his actual behaviour. He may actually been wagging his tail.

You're experiencing this every time you go to sleep? Amazing.

2cents & L&L
jouni

CSteel

Hmm, never really thought I might have misperceived the dog's emotion.  Then again it is the first time I have seen anything in these projections.  Oh and lastly, it isn't every time I go to sleep, it happens randomly.  I can go months without a single episode.

__--nezabaleta--__

Dear CSteel,
"You're a natural projector", don't doubt about such an assertion.
Then, I want to strongly advice you read the superb Robert Bruce's "Treatise on Astral Projection", at next link:

http://www.astralpulse.com/guides/oobe/oobe.htm

There you can obtain answers for every question, related to your experiences, what you could formulate.

Anyway, your participation in this forum is very (VERY) helpful.

NEZabaleta

smooth

hey,

well i have had my first 2 obe experinsis. when i would go to be i hear like a breathing in my ear like some one is sidding next to me breathing loudly. well i woke up in the middle of the night to vibes and i started riseing up. but when i could see it was dark in my room but i i only had my sight for a little amount of time. but it all seemed to be in place. the second time i woke up to vibes but i started falling then i thought about somthing i heard about on this forum it was about hem spinning. well i starded spining and falling it was a wild fealing but then i woke up. well i also hear a noise but i dont always have the sensations that you have.
-Chris

CSteel

Thank you all for the replies.

I actually managed to get myself a copy of Astral Dynamics and am currently reading through it.  A lot of it makes sense to me.  I suppose my last concern, which I didn't emphasize enough, is the sound I hear.  It has to be the loudest, cacaphony I have ever heard.  While it is going on, even the blackness that I see when my eyes are closed, distorts.  It may be the side effect of auto-projecting (my best description of what I am doing).  Possibly, future projections may have more information to offer.

mikeman

Hey CSteel,
Thought you might be interested (as I was to hear yours!) to know that my first OBE's were exactly the same as yours; paralysis, real time sight etc. I had my sea legs first time out, but eventually got the hang of it. It happens to me often now when i try and go to sleep, but havnt had much luck bringing it on conciously. If you get it going id be really interested to know how [8D]

clandestino

Hi there Csteel !

quote:
I suppose my last concern, which I didn't emphasize enough, is the sound I hear. It has to be the loudest, cacaphony I have ever heard. While it is going on, even the blackness that I see when my eyes are closed, distorts. It may be the side effect of auto-projecting (my best description of what I am doing).

This phenomenon is common....it appears from your description that you aren't afraid of it, so you've got no worries. Its happened to me on a few occasions, along with the "blackness distorting". It appears to take on a 3-dimensional aspect. Just 2 weeks ago, I could perceive this blackness, and the sensation of falling....Immediately I knew that I was about to have an OBE - type experience, so I floated out into the back garden and looked back at the house. Again, I noticed many differences with the "real" house.

The way I understand this "blackness" and "noise", is similar to how you change the channel on a radio....turn the dial, and the channel becomes less clear, and grey noise takes over. Gradually, the next channel comes into focus. But instead of turning a dial on a radio, you are changing the focus of your concious mind, pointing it away from the physical.

For the record, I agree with Jilola's comment :
quote:
Well, imho dreams are OBEs we are not consciously aware.

But I guess people's views vary on this. Anyway.....keep it up, and keep us all informed !

Mark

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

CSteel

Hi, I am new here.  I was referred to this site by a friend and decided I would give it a try.  I am actually hoping I can get some feedback on an odd occurence that happens to me just before I go to sleep.  I am going to pretty much outline my complete experience with it so you guys can get an idea of what it is.  Ok so here it goes...

For about 7-8 years now, I have had a weird experience which always occurs when I am going to bed.  

At first what would happen is I would hear this din of noise, I can't really describe it.  All I can say is that the sound is very loud and it pulsates.  Accompanying this sound would be the feeling of paralysis and the inability to breathe.  I often would desperately try to wake up.

Some time later, these occurences would also be accompanied by weighlessness and the sensation that I would be falling off my bed ever so slowly.  Still however, I would attempt to wake up from them.

Around the time I started to go to college, these occurences (as I seem to be calling them) took on another facet.  I would start to open my eyes while in these states.  I could see my room, but something was inately different about it.  Fear would overcome me when I looked into dark spaces in my room (e.g the closet).  And of course, as I got fearful, I would attempt to wake up.  

At about the same time, the discordant noise took on a new facet.  I started hearing my friend's/family's voices.  I would hear them all at once, as well as random sound effects.  I can recall a time where I heard what appeared to be the cat scratching at the door, one of my friends laughing, and another talking to me all at the same time.  Only the thing is, the friends whom I heard didn't live with me, and the cat was locked upstairs in my roommates room.

Recently, these occurences have developed further.  I have become extremely inquisitive when in these states, I am no longer fearful of them.  I open my eyes to my room, to realize that it is often different then it is in real life.  Things are rearranged, my door is open when in real life it is closed.  My shutters are closed when in real life they are open.  The experience seems to be building up.

In the last 5 months or so, I have finally left my room.  I actually start to get up and walk around.  Albeit it is hard for me to move, I often start to black out.  One time I went to my roommate's room, to find his light was on, but he was not there.  The last two times, I have walked to the living room, yet something has been distinctly different both times I went there.  One time, I was floating above the coffee table which had a reflective surface on it.  My feet were hanging from the ceiling and I felt as though something were behind me.  I kept on trying to look in the mirror to see what was behind me, but every time I gazed further, I was pulled farther from the table.  The second time I went to the living room, to see the walls had been slightly rearranged, and in the center of the room was our dog.  When she saw me, she started to growl at me and bark. The weird thing is when I woke up, I went to the living room to find the dog in and around the same spot of the room.

Now I am not sure what these are, I know they aren't dreams because I am always forced to wake up out of them.  My dreams tend to delve into my imagination, and are often very vivid and enjoyable for me.  These occurences however, always seem to take place in and around my house.  They always occur before I am about to truly fall asleep.  Suffice it to say I believe these occurences to be significantly different than my dreams.

What I want to know is what these are?  Are they OBE's, I was under the impression you had to consciously perform OBE's.  I could be wrong, I am not very knowledgeable in this domain.  These occurences happen sporadically and do not happen often.  

I guess the last thing I would like to add, and this is just a hypothesis on my part.  The only reason I am putting this last is because I am making a conjecture and am uncertain of the following.

It recently dawned on me, that sometimes before going to bed, I have the sensation as though someone is touching me on the face.  Often I sleep on my side to alleviate this.  I feel as though there is a correlation between the "occurences" and my face being touched.  Now I am going out on a limb here since, I feel I am being more creative than logical with this explanation.  I think some sort of person/spirit is some how forcing me into these experiences.  This would actually explained why on a few of the occasations I have felt as though I am being watched from the shadows.  Nextly, it would explain what I was trying to look for in the mirror on the table.  What to derive from this, I do not know.  

I would appreciate any responses as to what you feel this may be.  Is it just a different dream state?  Or is this an involuntary self induced OBE.  Or is something else forcing me to do these.

--------------------------------------------------------------
***This isn't a personal, it's so you can get an idea of who I am***
Just a little background on me.  I am a computer science/statistics major.  I actually aspire to be a game programmer, and as such I spend a lot of time writing out game story ideas and gameplay mechanics.  I am particularly intrigued by Sci-Fantasy story settings.  Religiously, I am very open, I take the positive aspects of most religions I come in contact with and integrate them into my life.  Despite my infatuation with magic, I am actually very skeptical at it times.  When I refer to magic, I am also referring to the paranormal.  Now that doesn't mean I won't listen and consider it, I just have trouble believing this sort of stuff since I have never experienced it for myself.  Actually that might be due to a bad experience with a tarot deck when I was young.  Geez, I think that's enough, I might right my life story here.  If you guys have any questions, I will be happy to answer them.