Sources of motivation?

Previous topic - Next topic

Kree

When I first started practicing about 10 years ago I had crazy high motivation for about 2 whole years.

At this point it's hard to stay motivated.  I sometimes get motivated for a week or two after reading some forum threads, but then it just disappears.  I got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome a couple years ago and that makes it even harder to maintain motivation and to do the practice itself.

What are the best sources of motivation/inspiration?  Any YouTube channels? Or anything else?  I feel like if it's on my mind more often it will be easier to stay motivated, but it's not exactly a topic that gets covered much on YouTube or the internet in general.

EscapeVelocity

The quest for motivation is ongoing and highly personal.
You have to allow for the fact that Physical Reality, i.e. Life here on Earth does command most of our time and attention, and this may occupy years at a time. So don't be put off by that alone.

When you do find the time, go ahead and pay more attention to the NP/spiritual side...learn to incorporate the rhythm of the physical versus the non-physical...it may show in lengths of time as much as months or years., or even a decade or so.

Your frustration, I think may be normal; I have had it as well. Honestly, I think you have had more success than you give yourself credit for. So looking for YT vids for motivation is, I think, a false idea. You've already had various degrees of success...the next step is narrowing and concentrating your focus. You have to redefine your focus and motivation, as well. Fine tuning, as it were. The next steps are all within YOU.

In your second to last post, you opened a Thread called Progress. In that post, you described a technique wherein you exited in less than 5 minutes. Bravo! But you were somewhat confused with the environment and circumstance you found yourself in. You were already out of body at this point, in fact, you had probably Phased. Yes, it can feel and be that subtle.  Okay, so what was the motivation that got you there? Continue with that. So various aspects of the environment confused and frustrated you...okay that is what happens in these early experiences. This is part of the challenge to your learning, and yes it can be very confusing and very frustrating. But it is NOT so much a roadblock that you quit or back up so much that you rethink your motivation or your whole entry technique. You went there, you did it! Now you have to figure out some things and they are more complicated and nuanced than you originally expected. Gosh, isn't that what you expected and wanted from the Non-Physical Realities all this time? Lol. The Non-Physical IS complicated and mysterious. Go figure...

The next time you get that similar NP experience, understand what Nameless was telling you...ask for clarity, ask and try to increase your level of clarity and understanding of the immediate environment you are in. This is not about flying immediately to Mars, it's about understanding and 'being' within your immediate environment.  It is about understanding how to move and to navigate within your immediate environment. It is also about being immediately open to a lesson being presented to you, often in the form of some kind of challenge. And until you understand and display some level of proficiency...you go no farther. Throw in some Fear and Confusion challenges and you will sooner understand the incredible Learning Center you have entered.

It can and will probably feel like incredibly small and sometimes stupidly small baby-steps in realization and understanding. Believe me when I say that I and a few others I know have learned similar lessons in similar fashion.

That info should provide some motivation; the effort is all dependent upon you. And yes, like Lumaza described, the R. Bruce New Energy Ways is good for building energy for the necessary effort.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

T-Man

Kree,

I too have suffered from lack of motivation as things do not happen as quickly and easily as you would like them to.  I started my dream journal in 2016 and have not missed one day of entering my nightly experiences.  This is especially difficult to do when you go into dry spells of not having any LD's/AP's but I still manage to make my entries.  I think everyone has these dry spells and they could be for a variety of reasons. 

I find motivation by looking back through my Dream Journal.  I can see huge progress from the entries I made at the beginning of my journal to what I dream about now.  Hard to see that progress from day to day but looking at the overall picture over the last 6 years is HUGE!  I also read over my LD's and AP's that I have had.  This gives me motivation to have more of them.  Although I am in my mid 50's now I have had many childhood AP healing experiences.  I have even met a previous childhood incarnation or another aspect of myself in an AP.  This was a very powerful moment because this child told me that he felt bad because I carry around some of his pain in this lifetime.  These are the things that help me continue on through my healing journey!

The responses you get from the experienced members here I find are also very positive and help with motivation...Great response EV!

I too am in a dry spell right now but I continue on...

Keep up with your practice Kree!
:-)
The Adventure Continues...

Nameless

Ask your guides/helpers for motivation. I find them to be far more creative than I could imagine on my own.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Kree

Quote from: Nameless on March 05, 2022, 19:14:59
Ask your guides/helpers for motivation. I find them to be far more creative than I could imagine on my own.

Interesting suggestion.  I've never felt like I have any contact with them.  But I'll try it🤷‍♂️