Spinning/Twisting sensation

Previous topic - Next topic

Draege

Those are vibrations as far as I know as I experience the same thing.. All I can say is stay focused on your exit technique as best as you can and remain passive to all the weird feelings. And not tensing up at that point is very important.

thechunk05

I'm having similar issues as moonburn. The vibrations start, but then my heart beats extremely fast and my breathing also picks up. From this point it is very hard to keep the vibs. and I always lose them. But, sometimes after I lose them, I will feel as if my body is way above my bed, but I can still feel the mattress. Any tips?
Sell
I'll Sell Your Memories
For 15 Pounds Per Year
But You Can Keep The Bad Days

__--nezabaleta--__

Dear Moonburn:

I quote the following excerpt from online treatise:

http://www.astralpulse.com/guides/oobe/oobe_5.htm#10

Very Important Note:

This dizzy feeling and any feelings of pressure or vertigo, etc, caused by your mental action of pulling on the ROPE MUST be carefully noted by you. Learn the EXACT mental action you are doing to cause this vertigo. You will have to train your mental climbing action to cause this feeling. So, the first few times you try this ROPE method, concentrate on finding the right mental action to do this. Once you learn what it is you are doing to cause this, and can recreate it at will, you are really starting to get somewhere.

IGNORE *ALL* SENSATION YOU FEEL DURING PROJECTION or it will distract you, break your concentration, and ruin your chances for projection. Concentrate on the single act of climbing your ROPE to the TOTAL exclusion of everything else. Put everything you have into this one action, but don't tense up, it must be all mental.

I had have, at early attempts, experiencies like yours. I, too, have the experience of (prior to reading of Bruce's treatise..!!!) of to be bigger than I really am, so much as to be in a big bubble, or as my body was expand trespassing limits of my bedroom.

NEZabaleta

Stargazer

It has happened to me, too. But the spinning/rotation you mentioned was more like my body going vertical, head down. I had no directional perception at all. The first time it happened it just felt kind of "cool", and I became too thrilled to keep it going. Now I am quite familiar with this phenomenon, but it is still hard to keep the concentration when it occures. Just a couple of weeks ago I had what I'd call my very first vibrations. I was lying on my bed, meditating. At some point I became aware that I went in to the hypnagogic state, and was very close to fall asleep. Reality became mixed with dream images. Then I used all of the enegy I could to fight this off...I succeeded, became fully aware again, and just after that I started to feel the vibrations! Because it was my first time I ever felt them, it was a too big piece of the cake for me, and I was in no way able to keep up that state. I began to think about everything I've ever read about what to do when the vibrations kick in...and that was enough to ruin it...
Training, training and more training...that's what it takes! So let's just spin and rotate for a while...and we'll get there! [;)]

__--nezabaleta--__

Remember, JUST IGNORE ALL SENSATIONS (only are energy movements feelings) and CLEAR THE MIND keeping attention only on pulling the rope. Previous post of Stargazer is illustrative of such a need of clear the mind. He ruin its projection by the only act of remember the procedures. You only must pull and let go, ONLY. One can learn a lot just from experience of others and correlating them with our ones.
NEZabaleta

__--nezabaleta--__

I've a theorie:

According to Monroe (of The Monroe Institute) beginner OBEer must to point to Magnetic North with your head. Then if you aren't in such position spinning/twisting sensation can be attributed to the interaction of your body's magnetic field with the earth's magnetic field in a way that encourages its alignment like the "arrow" of a compass. Then, such sensations aren't not only in reason of an energy movement, such sensations are indicative of an interaction what tries to right assembly the body's magnetic field with the earth's magnetic field.

What do you think about this..?
NEZabaleta

Moonburn33

i have been trying to have an OBE for a long time now, but to no avail.  i can get as far as feeling sort of detached and floaty, but it stops there.  a curious thing that i've noticed is that when i do get there, the feeling is not an even feeling, but more twisting- like i'm rotating to the left or right on a roasting spit (i can't remember which way).

does anyone have any tips/suggestions/ methods for continuing farther?
as below, so above