Involuntary pressure sensations in head...

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphm

could the pressure be a variation or start of the falling sensation? maybe going back to the vibrations is backwards-think of flying/falling out

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Tom

What you are describing sounds like excess energy stuck in the head. As it is occuring during projection attempts it sounds more like the energy is encountering blocks than that it is being stored there. The movements of the eyes are also symptoms of the flowing of energy, and this will pass when the blocks are released. More relaxation and NEW would help.

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
What you are describing sounds like excess energy stuck in the head. As it is occuring during projection attempts it sounds more like the energy is encountering blocks than that it is being stored there. The movements of the eyes are also symptoms of the flowing of energy, and this will pass when the blocks are released. More relaxation and NEW would help.

Thank you for your replies!

I started practicing the NEW method exercises tonight. I just got through the section where you learn about the five different tactile imaging motions. I experimented with them all, and found that the spiraling motion one is working the best for clearing out the excess energy/blockage in my head. I have been moving the energy from my head/crown chakra to my mouth. I can feel the pressure releasing itself. I also feel more relaxed.

It was very nice of Mr. Bruce to post his article on NEW for free on the web. It's been helpful so far and it's something I'm going to stick with. It seems like something that can be beneficial on all levels, and not just for OBE. Thank you Mr. Bruce!

Jeni

JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Grenade01

Good luck
Ive always had a similar problem with pressure in my head

A word of advice though
If any area feels overstimulated and your trying to move the energy away from it,
be careful because it may not work quite right.
Like you can move energy around, yes.
But
Also
Any tactile imaging seems to stimulate energy (even if what your trying to do is move it)
so when your trying to push energy away from the uncomfertable areas...you may also be stimulating the area that your trying to push it from...if that makes any sense

yeah

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/You must try some of my purple berries.
I've been eating them for 6 or 7 weeks now, haven't got sick once.
Prolly keep us both alive.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Grenade01:
Good luck
Ive always had a similar problem with pressure in my head

A word of advice though
If any area feels overstimulated and your trying to move the energy away from it,
be careful because it may not work quite right.
Like you can move energy around, yes.
But
Also
Any tactile imaging seems to stimulate energy (even if what your trying to do is move it)
so when your trying to push energy away from the uncomfertable areas...you may also be stimulating the area that your trying to push it from...if that makes any sense

yeah

Hello Grenade,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried stimulating the area instead of moving it...it seemed to work pretty well. In fact a lot better. I know what you mean about re-stimulating. In fact, the lips are a port of some sort, and moving the energy there can reintroduce it instead of having it make an exit.  

I used the spiraling/swirling motion and the "bread-roll" one. They seemed to work pretty well, as my a lot of the pressure sensations went away the last time I meditated! Unfortunately, my Mom wrecked my projection attempt again (This is the second time in a row now), but I guess those are the perils of living at home.

Thanks again!

Jeni

JenX

Galgorth

What I've found to always work for me, if the pressure is localized around the third eye area, is to focus on the root chakra. Sometimes I get headaches due to an overactive third eye, so I just draw energy into the root chakra and stimulate it, and the sensation (and the headaches) goes away.

Grenade01

I read in a hindu book in a healing chapter that there is a somewhat large energy center that exists actually outside the body (quite far above the head)  It suggested, for pressure related headaches, to focus on this area and sort of mentally do a mantra that sounds like a hissing noise (like a snake or something).  So Ive tried this, and it actually seems to help with all headaches, as well as the overactive third eye problem. It doesnt completely work wonders or anything, but it does seem to considerably help.  I dont know though?

[][][] <-- boxes --> [][][]

Kodemaster

Thank you both for your suggestions. :)

A question for Galgorth: Which technique did you use? I tried "brushing" the energy up from my toes through my hips. One I built the energy up, I tried circulating it inside the root area by imagining a wheel inside spinning it around. I turned the wheel into various shapes, including a swirl and a multi-vortex whirlpool, and I also used the "breadroll" method. At some point, my head was feeling tight, so i also tried stimulating it, using the method I did before.

I got to a near-ascension, but "nature" called, and I unfortunately had to end my session. Shouldn't have drinken all that water. =-(

Now I'm feeling a lot of pressure in my head, to the point where I feel like I have a headache. Is this because my TI technique was wrong, or because I had to end my session abruptly?

Thank you again for your help, guys. I really appreciate it! =-)

Jeni

JenX

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Grenade01:
I read in a hindu book in a healing chapter that there is a somewhat large energy center that exists actually outside the body (quite far above the head)  It suggested, for pressure related headaches, to focus on this area and sort of mentally do a mantra that sounds like a hissing noise (like a snake or something).  So Ive tried this, and it actually seems to help with all headaches, as well as the overactive third eye problem. It doesnt completely work wonders or anything, but it does seem to considerably help.  I dont know though?

What book was this? Do you remember by any chance? I'd like to check it out. :-)

Jeni

JenX

Galgorth

Which technique did you use?
     I sometimes bring energy up through my legs, but mostly I just stimulate the root chakra with a rubbing of the awareness hands, the breadroll ripping helps for me as well. It sounds like you might have too much energy in your head, or perhaps a chakra imbalance. Whatever I do when this occurs is to work on the least responsive chakras, or even bring energy down from my head into my dan tien. I also read somewhere that you can imagine the energy drifting away into the wind from the top of your head like pollen from a flower.. I haven't tried that though.

Now I'm feeling a lot of pressure in my head, to the point where I feel like I have a headache.
       Whenever I have a headache, I usually do one of three things. First, I imagine the headache as a big blob of dark energy in my head, and I visualize it shrinking and losing power. If that doesn't work, I will massage my head with awareness hands and concentrate on relaxing. Finally, if that doesn't work, I will use something called EFT, which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique. Check www.emofree.com if you want to learn how to use it; by the way, EFT works on pretty much ANY problem you might have, emotionally or physically, it's very powerful, and easy to learn. You can download the EFT manual for free.

Grenade01

Kodemaster:
No Idea.. It could have been a website...but seeing as I have a lot of literature on hindu stuff I'm thinking it was from a book. ...or maybe a magazine.
I cant say it was from a reputable source or anything since I cant remember where it was from...however I believe I've read it in more than once place, and I've been using the technique for a while..and it seems to help.

kakkarot

hello.
just to give grenade01 some credibility, i have also read somewhere about the chakra outside the body, but i read it a long time ago and i don't remember if it is supposed to be above the head or whereever. and since i only read it once i think it might be something that is fairly rare to hear about.

Secret of Secrets

waterfall

I just wanted to say that third eye activity with me anyway, seems to be very connected to visuals when obe. I found that when I'm developing in these areas I will get movement of the third eye. *feels just like an eyeball moving around under the skin, in my forehead* Recently I have been trying to get more control over where and when I want to go. After my last session I felt a lot of pressure in this area that lasted for two days. It's uncomfortable and can be relieved some by drawing off of energies but I feel its more like exercising and having your muscles sore for a few days after.
I find that when I project or go obe its after I 'let go'. I get myself ready in a meditative state, think about what I want to do or if I just want to explore and then relax relax relax... its when I forget about what I am doing that I find myself traveling. At first I'd think wow! I'm out and about and at that point I'd get so excited that I'd pop right back in body.. but now I still get excited about it but can still remain in the groove so to speak.
Many of my obe experiences appear as a conscious event to me by waking up in a dream state. At that point I am..another of myself is all I can explain and in complete control over what is going on. I these events I usually am in another reality or a different time and hae a purpose for being there.
hope this helps
waterfall

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by Kodemaster:
Hello all,

I'm another one of those that almost gets out, but doesn't quite make it. During my attempts, I often make it to the heavy vibration stage, where I feel heavy and light at the same time and hear the buzzing sound in my head.

What seems to hold me back are these brief pressure sensations in my head, which come at random and are involuntary. They seem to come at the point where I'm about to project and wreck it for me. Anyone else experience these? I try to concentrate on the vibrations at that point, and it brings me closer again, but the head-pressures eventually wreck it again.

I also get the eye-fluttering thing when i try to concentate on my third eye. Did anyone figure out a way to stop that? I apologise if I missed your post.

Take care,

Jeni

The thought occured to me, these pressure sensations that you say wreck your attempts: they wouldn't feel more like a twitching sensation would they? Like your brain has a kind of spasm, one maybe two times, following which there is a light vibration that quickly dissapates. After which you instantly feel you are back in the Physical.

Reason I say this is because I just recently read the two later Monroe books and was fascinated by his "phasing in" technique of entering the Astral. I'm beginning to grasp the basic idea of it and find, on occassions, I can do the same as Monroe describes: but with nowhere near the same degree of certainty (yet). But what I have noticed is, as you "phase out" there is a sensation as I describe above.

The sensation feels like a natural event of returning to the Physical. The thought occured to me that you might be inadvertently sparking off this process. Such that you think it's the sensation that is bringing you back to the physical, but the reality could be that there is some prior factor that is coming into play sparking it off.

Yours,
Frank

justinh

I am also having these pressure sensations in the nose/third eye area.  If I focus on them I can feel them pulling, like a current in water.  If I give in to it, they pull my head ever so slightly to the right and upward.  It's very weird.

I will try some of the suggested techniques to ease the pressure.

Kodemaster

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to thank you all for your replies. I haven't been able to get online much lately, with all that I've been doing.

I will check out the emofree site. That sounds really neat.

Frank, I am going to try again tonite and see if I can compare what I'm experiencing to what you're describing. If it is indeed the same thing, I will have to check those Monroe books out.

I've been trying the energy techniques mentioned. So far, they've been working pretty well. It seems as though massaging with my awareness hands is working the best, along with using the swirling technique. The massaging technique seems to be working well for almost any blockage.

I'll let you know if anything interesting happens tonite.

Take care,

Jeni

JenX

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:

The thought occured to me, these pressure sensations that you say wreck your attempts: they wouldn't feel more like a twitching sensation would they? Like your brain has a kind of spasm, one maybe two times, following which there is a light vibration that quickly dissapates. After which you instantly feel you are back in the Physical.

Reason I say this is because I just recently read the two later Monroe books and was fascinated by his "phasing in" technique of entering the Astral. I'm beginning to grasp the basic idea of it and find, on occassions, I can do the same as Monroe describes: but with nowhere near the same degree of certainty (yet). But what I have noticed is, as you "phase out" there is a sensation as I describe above.

The sensation feels like a natural event of returning to the Physical. The thought occured to me that you might be inadvertently sparking off this process. Such that you think it's the sensation that is bringing you back to the physical, but the reality could be that there is some prior factor that is coming into play sparking it off.

Yours,
Frank

Hey Frank!

You're right, it is a twitching sensation, just like you described. I got it again the other night. Now I'm going to have to check those books out. What are the titles? I hope I can get them in the US. I'll check amazon.com.

It's really cool to know that something I thought was holding me back might actually be something I can use to my advantage. I'll have to see.

Thank you for the advice!

Take care,

Jeni

JenX

Frank

The 2 books are Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey. There's nothing in the books that really teaches you any kind of specific "phasing in" technique. You have to search for clues as to what Monroe is on about, I'm afraid.

I have managed to grasp the basics of what he means and, fortunately, a lot of Monroe's Astral experiences are very similar in nature to my own. Which makes what he is writing about much easier to comprehend.

Basically, "phasing in" is a two-step process.

First you are in a state where you appear to be viewing the Astral scenary remotely. Like, for example, you were sitting watching television and the television screen was the Astral imagery. Then you "step into it" and instantly you find yourself on the Astral proper.

Instead of vibrations (though I sometimes do still feel them) there is a kind of... zzzzuuuummp... together with feeling of a shifting movement... and you are there. On the way back I tend to feel a twitching in my head together with a light vibration that quickly dissapates.

This ending feeling is, from what I can gather, just normal part of the "return process" that is sparked off from my thinking about the physical, i.e. a voluntary return, or by an enforced return caused by a Physical Body demand.

Yours,
Frank

Kodemaster

quote:
Originally posted by Frank:

The 2 books are Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey. There's nothing in the books that really teaches you any kind of specific "phasing in" technique. You have to search for clues as to what Monroe is on about, I'm afraid.

I have managed to grasp the basics of what he means and, fortunately, a lot of Monroe's Astral experiences are very similar in nature to my own. Which makes what he is writing about much easier to comprehend.

Basically, "phasing in" is a two-step process.

First you are in a state where you appear to be viewing the Astral scenary remotely. Like, for example, you were sitting watching television and the television screen was the Astral imagery. Then you "step into it" and instantly you find yourself on the Astral proper.

Instead of vibrations (though I sometimes do still feel them) there is a kind of... zzzzuuuummp... together with feeling of a shifting movement... and you are there. On the way back I tend to feel a twitching in my head together with a light vibration that quickly dissapates.

This ending feeling is, from what I can gather, just normal part of the "return process" that is sparked off from my thinking about the physical, i.e. a voluntary return, or by an enforced return caused by a Physical Body demand.

Yours,
Frank

Hello Frank!

Thank you for the advice! Oh my gosh, that thing you mentioned about "viewing the Astral scenery remotely" I've been experiencing for the past few months!!! I've been wondering what the heck that was!!! I'm lying down trying to have an OBE and in a trance with some of the vibrations and I find myself in a state of mind where I can sorta "see" what I'm thinking as I think of it. I also see weird landscapes, cloud-like formations, etc. The other night I think i even saw a grid. :)

Thank you for clearing this up; now I know I've been experiencing something way cooler than I realised. And now I know the technique to use!!!

Take care and thank you so much, as always.

Jeni

JenX

Frank

At first you should begin to see (or hear) stray energy, things like whirling colours, shapes that just seem to float by, or whatever. Then, once you get through that stage, you should begin viewing Astral scenary.

Number 1 setback, at this stage, is reacting emotionally to whatever it is you are seeing. If you do, then your emotional landscape will be superimposed on the Astral landscape.

This is the state people commonly call a Lucid Dream, where all you are basically doing is watching patterns of emotional interplay. Which would, for you, be a retrograde step. If you "step into" what you are viewing from the Lucid Dream stage, you enter what I termed the Training Ground. Where you become enveloped by you own emotional-fuelled surroundings as opposed to watching them from a distance.

If you can simply remain being an non-emotional observer (which, from what you say, you can do) then you should be in a state where it feels like your whole existence is contained within your mind and ahead of you is the Astral: like you were viewing it on a screen. In the background you may experience light popping sounds, buzzing noises, vibrations, and so on. But the trick is not to let these sounds and/or feelings distract you.

At this point you are "in tune" with the Astral and should, therefore, be able to summon a "helper" to get you out. This is what I normally do as I have not got the technique of stepping-out (or "phasing-in" as Bob Monroe also describes it) on my own with any degree of reliability (yet).

Helpers are summoned by a process known as Non-Verbal Communication. It's just a way of communicating between minds, thought-form to thought-form,  rather than verbalising your thought forms. At first, out of sheer habit, you will communicate thought-forms by verbal means. But please try and get out of that habit as soon as you can, as it will help you greatly later on.

Look out over the Astral scenary with an air of mild curiosity. Rather than actually verbalising something like, "Help, someone, I'm kinda stuck here and I'd really appreciate it if someone could come over and lend a hand." What you do is think of how wonderful it would be if someone, from that place, could reach out and bridge the gap.

Imagine an all enveloping energy, that radiated a loving warmth, came over and held you close; made you feel secure; made you laugh, and so on; then transported you to a place, on the Astral, of your choosing.

You should soon get the feeling someone is watching you, or that someone is close by. They tend not to appear out of the blue as they know this will startle you (at first). So they make their presence known very gradually. Don't worry if you fail to make contact the first few times, you will soon get the hang of it.      

As an example, here's a rundown of my latest experiences that happened yesterday:

I pick up from the initial sensing of my "helper". As I say, all communication is thought-form to thought-form but the verbal translation is, as follows.

"It's you again, I can sense you behind me."

"You catch on quick, are you sure it is me? Maybe you are imagining the whole thing. Perhaps I might be a figment of your imagination."

"Ah ha, I didn't spend 5 years in the Training Ground for nothing, you know."

"So you do recognise me then?"

"Of course, and I also sense you coming closer. You want to unlock some kind of energy."

"You will now sense a movement around your head."

"Yes, I can feel it, like your hands are massaging my temples."

"You like that?"

"It feels okay, but nothing special. It reminds me of a concept I read about. The writer called them Awareness Hands. Any more tricks you can play?"

"How about this...."

"Now I can see all of you! You are female and you have long black hair."

"Ten out of ten."

"Wow, there is a strong energy sensation about my forehead. I can feel you are causing that with your hands somehow."

"Yes, that is correct, there is tension that needs to be released. Then we can go to the place of your choosing."

"So you know where I want to be?"

"Yes I do."

At that moment it felt like the whole of my forehead simply opened and let in a thick beam of white light that seemed to come from deep within the Astral. Next there was a kind of shifiting sensation whereupon I was standing on the Astral, in a large garden.

One end of the garden turned into a high rocky area, following which there was a clifftop and then the ocean. Many children were playing in the garden and a number of adults were supervising them. It was a happy place that seemed to stretch for miles. The air was fresh, the sky was a deep shade of blue, and several huge rainbow-like formations were radiating wonderously coloured light-beams.

Each child was a picture of total innocence. They all beemed a happy smile, with their bright eyes reflecting the colours of the huge rainbows up above.

As I watched them play, the thought occured to me that each one of these children had suffered an untimely death. Some may have been road-accident victims; others may have starved to death in some 3rd-world backwater; or had been the innocent victim of one of mankind's disgusting wars.

For a moment I drifted. First there was a tinge of sadness, followed by a welling up of a mixed bag of emotion. The colours changed, angry reds and deep jet blacks whirled all around me. In the midst of the colours were frightful entities indulging in unimaginable acts of horror... the torture... the screams... the fear... the panic...

Phew, next moment all is clear. For an instant I thought I was back in the physical. It took a few seconds to gather my composure. Then the realisation came that I wasn't in the physical at all, but was sitting on a rock overlooking the ocean with my "helper" beside me.

"You nearly lost it back there."

"Yeah, tell me about it. Thanks for the timely rescue. I was right about the suffering though. I opened to it and it hit me like a mountain of bricks."

"We collect them from the lower regions and they stay here for as long as it takes to lose all memory of their physical experiences. Some are very badly traumatised. They are the ones you see asleep in the shade of the trees. Eventually they will awake. Initially only for fleeting periods. But, given time, they will start to remain awake enough so they can learn to begin to play again."

"If it's all the same to you I'd like to go back now please."

"No problem, I understand. Please visit us again sometime, there is much you can learn here."

What I have found is, rather than doing what I used to do, i.e. just zoom off to the Astral and just end up at some place at random. If you can enter the Astral slowly, under the control or guidance of a "helper", then everything is much more controled. Such that, if you do have a "sticky moment" as I did in the above experience, your "helper" can often get you out of trouble.

HTH

Yours,
Frank

steveb

Greetings all,
     Frank, the "helper(s)" you refer to, is it the same helper each time. If not, have you had any conversations (mental) to which one helper acknowledge another. Do they know each other.

Regards  steve

Frank

It's not the same "helper" or "guide" every time. Though I have a man that I have come to know as my "regular". He's about 70 years of age (well that's how he appears, I mean) and he takes me here and there.

He is very knowledgeable about the nature of human emotion and its effects both on Physical and Astral life. He takes me on little tours of the lower regions and shows me some of the more interesting cases. He also has some kind of flying craft that we have travelled in on a couple of occassions.  

I have only recently learnt how to slow down what was my "normal" projection processes. Plus, I recently read Ultimate Journey for the first time and became fascinated by Monroe's concept of "phasing in".

As a result, what I found was, I can now get to the stage where I'm viewing the Astral remotely. At this point I am "in tune" with the Astral to the extent where I can communicate with Astral entities. However, the more proficient I become at doing this, the more "clutter" I seem to be receiving.

Before I'd be struggling to try and find a way of "making contact" with just one entity. Now, after around a month of daily practice, it seems like I've got 30 or 40 entities, all in my head, and all trying to make contact at once!

Many of the entities appear to be of a fairly low grade, or interesting only for their "novelty value". Like the "musical entity" I came across this morning. It scanned my thoughts and began playing my favourite Opera. Next I was drifting through space just floating along with the music. It was rather exquisite, I admit, but it doesn't really add to my Astral knowledge all that much. So I thanked the entity and went back to the physical.  

I found the trick is to be more specific about what it is you want to make contact about. Then, it seems, you will attract the same helper (provided they are willing, of course).  But I do not have all that much experience in this area (yet).

When I visited the garden, in my above post, the female entity that took me there said for me to visit again. Though I'm not sure how that can be achieved. I presume that if I think about the place, at the initial stage, she will come and take me there like she did the first time.

Also, I'm not really at the stage where I can ask questions. It's more a case of my guide introducing me to various circumstances and filling my mind with information. Such that communication, at the moment, is very much one way.

Though I do feel, at some stage, as my Astral education progresses, I will start to have the opportunity of asking questions. But right now it's like "they" already know the questions to which I need the answers to.    

Yours,
Frank

steveb

Greetings Frank,
       Thanks for sharing your experiances there greatly appreiciated. I did an astral course about 9 mths ago with mysticweb. On the course they talked of the fairly low grade entities, they called  them elementals.They described them as miscievious little things that like to play around and often distract you as you travel the Astral. I just thought I'd mention it,your discription fits there profile of what they call an elemental to a tee.

Regards  steve

Kodemaster

Hello all,

I'm another one of those that almost gets out, but doesn't quite make it. During my attempts, I often make it to the heavy vibration stage, where I feel heavy and light at the same time and hear the buzzing sound in my head.

What seems to hold me back are these brief pressure sensations in my head, which come at random and are involuntary. They seem to come at the point where I'm about to project and wreck it for me. Anyone else experience these? I try to concentrate on the vibrations at that point, and it brings me closer again, but the head-pressures eventually wreck it again.

I also get the eye-fluttering thing when i try to concentate on my third eye. Did anyone figure out a way to stop that? I apologise if I missed your post.

Take care,

Jeni

JenX