vibrations

Previous topic - Next topic

skydust

i woke up this morning and decided to try to OBE. i relaxed and all that, and eventually i felt like a tingle or a chill, going through parts of my body. it was like a wave, started of light, got to its peak and faded away. it happened several times, sometimes stronger than others, but never too strong. so im just wondering was this those vibrations everyone talks about? it felt more like chills or tingles or my body going numb than vibrations. any ideas, cause i dont know how they are meant to feel.

Leannain

awesome.ya going in the right way

Smilodon29A

Well I feel those vibrations as I had a bed that can .... well vibrate.

But as far as my bookworm knowledge goes, some people feel them differently than others, some don't feel them at all, and they are not a prerequisite to OB.
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

NeoSaturn

WOW! Smilodon29A that is EXACTLY how i feel it! creepy...lol...

Smilodon29A

Maybe creepy, but very enjoyable :)
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

skydust

right, so what are they meant to feel like? can anyone help?

mhat

I usually get what you have described right before vibrations. (ex. I'll be laying there meditating and then boom I start feeling all tingly and strange then if I can't keep calm and focused the tingly increases into vibrations...I mean it actually feels as if my whole bed is shaking back and forth when I feel vibrations)

However this is as far as I usually get...personally I think I get too excited and my mind goes "Oh whats happening, now what should I be doing, etc etc" which breaks focus and the vibrations fade.
Does it all simply end in a blanket of darkness, what of my soul?
-Atreyu

liquidreality

so would you call those vibs that skydust felt,(Pre-Vibs).

sort of like the stage right before the actual vibs

tell me if i am asuming right because that would be very helpful to me because i experence "pre-vibs" every time i try to ap.
Ignorance is the result of the lack of motivation to learn

mhat

ya from my experience if i can keep my mind blank for long enough things will begin to happen...although every time is different when meditating, i usually start to feel a numb like tingling...almost like very small/rapid vibrations...then after keeping my mind blank during this i will run into vibrations that actually feel as if my body is moving but I know that it is not...its actually amazing in my opinion
-Atreyu

liquidreality

ok thanks for the info...

Psan

Vibrations come in garden variety. Following are the kinds I've felt on various occasions -

1. Rocking motion : just like a swing, only a feeling no motion.
2. Earthquake : those who had experienced it know it, sometimes I had to get up and check whether its real earthquake :)
3. Strong tingling : can be partial, i.e. in some parts only
4. Ants : the start of it.
5. Pressurised tingles : this is when you try to induce it by force. Never yields an obe.
6. Electricity : very pure vibes, expect a good trip.
7. Intense electrocution and shakes with sparks : happens in early days of your attemps, you miss it always :)

They can occur as a blend of any of the above.
I'd like to hear if there are any other varieties?
Vibes are the most 'objective' part of an obe, make you a believer for sure.

torjan

Last night i went to bed as usual. I didn't think of trying to project. 3 Times throughout the night i would suddenly become aware and awake although in a deep state, looking at the back of my eyelids. being able to think also, i listened to the highpitch noise in my head. As soon as i did that it got extremely loud and some weird feelings went through me. This happened twice. The third time in the night, which was just before i woke up, around 11am, i decided to try and move. I visualised myself standing in my room a few feet away from my bed.  When i did that i felt myself slipping down the bed and almost like a stretching feeling. After that i don't know what happened. After each of the 3 times i woke up. It seemed so real but because it happened throughout the night it could have been a dream.

Was this just a dream or was it a close projection?

Leannain

the highpitch noise  is the same as vibrations?
i used to hear that a lot but it didn't last  maybe 3,4 seconds

liquidreality

i hear that sound if i stop for a second and try to notice the "universe" i get that sound so easy
but if im just doing stuff and not thinking about it i dont hear anything

PardonMe

Since starting to try to have an OBE, I feel strong vibrations which usually lasts under 30 seconds once every other week.  It feels like a tiny high frequencies waves thoughout my body.  I have yet to turn those vibrations into a conscious exit OBE. Usually they just stop suddenly leaving me awake and aware.  Sometimes I hear sounds too. If I do exeperince any type of sound it usually preceeds the vibration sensations.  Most sounds I experinece have a tunneling like effect which is really cool.
Skeptic is what skeptic does - Me (borrowed)

mhat

I've listened to the high pitch noise in my head a couple times...it seems to work pretty good...there are just so many techniques out there!

It could be that the high pitch noises is the same as vibrations and that when you do become truly aware of them you feel the vibrations then?

As for other noises I've heard swooshes, buzzing,  ringing that progresses louder, breaths, frog like noises, and the all time one was children laughing and playing which turned to cries and screams when I became a little frightened
-Atreyu

liquidreality

hey that sounds interesting i think that i will try that out....thanks

upstream

QuoteIt could be that the high pitch noises is the same as vibrations and that when you do become truly aware of them you feel the vibrations then?

Apparently this is the case. Basically, sleep is a progressive synchronization of cortical cells. Neurons responsible for feeling our body and hearing will be synchronized by the same mechanism. The process is partly gradual but has some threshold where it suddenly jumps and vibrations kick in.

I'm more experienced with the noises since I don't feel the vibrations anymore. The reason could be that I have learned to leave my body in the stage 2 sleep when the noises just start to burst before they merge into a harsh buzz. The classic vibrational stage needs a more deeper sleep to set in. This is, I suppose, why projections with strong vibrations tend to happen in the early part of the night.

torjan

For the past 3 nights i have "told" myself to wake up during the night to try to project. Each time i have woken up and amazingly been able to bring on vibrations very quickly. I focus on the high pitch noise in my bed to bring them on. The problem i have had with all 5 attempts during the past 3 nights is that soon after i feel myself seperating from my physical body, i black out and wake up sometime after. with no memory of what happened after i blacked out.. suprisingly :p

Has anyone had this initial problem and knows what causes a blackout?

mhat

This has happened to me before I believe. Also many times if I do get out I will not be able to see and I only feel myself floating around. Or also sometimes if I go through a wall or something everything goes black.

I've read this may have to due with our brain adapting to downloading this "astral realm" information.
-Atreyu

RTCovenant

Yep, you experienced the vibrations. They feel awesome don't they?

They are not needed to have an obe, I've heard. They are merely a side-effect. A lot of people do experience them before they AP.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."