What do your nonphysical hands feel like?

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazewind

I little experience i had very recently made me curious abut this.  Of course I don;t think it's the same for everyone, but still it got me wondering and I thought others might like to compare notes on this too.

Basically I came pretty close once again to successfully projecting (haha, honestly I think in my case i ind the process of getting closer at times as amazing as many of you find your real successes.  It's all relative!  :D)  Again I felt the motion my my own nonphysical hands and was again amazed at how real it is.  This time though I noticed that while moving my hands in front of me deliberately, the motion felt pretty much the same as that feeling we've likely had a time or two of trying to move a limb after it;s 'fallen asleep' fro being left to long in a bad position.  Kind of like trying to walk after maybe sitting with you feet underneath your body or something like that.  The limb works fine (or almost fine) but feels very strange, tingly and you just want to try to get the feeling back.  Do your own nonphsyical bodies ever feel like that?       

roman67

You are doing well. It shows practice makes a man perfect. You will definitely get success in your next attempt.

Szaxx

Good question. At times you have no body at all so an awareness of self is only present. Other times you are perfectly replicated and everything is as in the physical.
As it's mostly thought controlled, the associated feeling perceived will be highly influenced by your thoughts. There are some differences too. Watching your hands infront of you melting is one of them.
Different realities have different reactions too.
That's what makes this physical one so basic, we know what to expect from this one. In the others its a new learning altogether.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Blazewind

I have felt an awareness of my own non-physical hands only a few times and this was the only time I ever really felt that tingly feeling like my hands had fallen sleep or something, but then this time I was far more aware of non-physical limbs and movement then ever before so far, and for much longer it seems.  I'm curious to see if it will always be the same in my case now or not.  It does seem it would make it a bit hard to really move but this is all just one more learning curve after another.   :-D

The melting hands thing... I've heard many people talk about this.  Very interesting.  I have yet to have such an experience myself of course.  So far I have not really seen anything at all non-physically, my own non-physical hands or otherwise.  Once, some time ago I did have the very brief and unexpected experience of my astral body trying to open it's eyes, but nothing really to speak of (in the grand scheme of things.)  Sudden light in front of me in a dark room, the scene that my own eyes were closed and yet I was seeing.  A flash of motion and color in front of me.       

Lionheart

The "Phantom Limb" sensations aren't always there.

This practice is so strange some times because even though you practice the exact same technique night after night, you can still experience completely different "sign posts".

I have the Phantom Limb thing quite a bit too. Some times I will be attempting to Phase, then I feel like my left foot is moving or maybe my right leg is higher than my left.

It's easy to just say to"passively observe" all of this, but it's harder in practice, since so many strange things can occur.

The flashing light, which is normally the first sign of "Hypnagogia"  was one of those things that caught me off guard lead me to questioning whether my eyes were open or not. This in turn lead to doubt, which destroyed that session. To rectify that problem, I began to use a Mindfold eye mask, found here http://mindfold.com/.

I have learned to experience first, log my results, than question what occurred at a later time.

This seems to squash many failed attempts.

I hope this has helped you.

Good Luck and Safe Travels!   :-)

pm1978

We used to do this trick in middle school where you put one hand in the desk and your other hand on top of the desk. Another person puts there hand on top of the desk too where your other hand would be...

Someone will go to smash the other persons hand sharing the desktop with you, and your brain is convinced it is your hand and you jump out of the way... your hand that is hiding does feel a "phantom sensation"...

Have you ever tried walking while your leg fell asleep ?

It feels kinda like that..

Once you get used to AP, you just change the environment with your feelings or mind... maybe so you dont get leg pain while walking through infinity :)

Re

The only time I tried to see my non-physical hands directly (looking in a mirror doesn't count, those are crafty bastards), they where like luminescent jellyfish, and they felt weightless, as in I couldn't feel their weight at all in my "muscles". This was just a lucid dream, not a full blown astral projection.

In any case, you don't really have hands when out of your body. I think it's all a matter of perspective and how you focus your consciousness.
It seems you are having fun with this, and that is all that matters in the end. Even the smallest new experiences feel amazing, and they are. Congrats!
My humble OBE and LD diary:
http://reasinre.wordpress.com/

soarin12

I almost always am a single point of consciousness in my OBEs.  I fly around looking at things with no awareness of having a body.  In the early days of my OBEs I was aware of having legs and arms.  I never looked at them but used them to push off the walls and ceiling, and floor.  (All I used to do was fly around the room bouncing off of stuff.)  There was one time that I actually saw my NP hands and felt with them as well.  I had just exited and flew over to a picture on my wall.  I thought I was just consciousness with no body as usual, but I really wanted to experience "touch" so I put my hands on the glass of the picture and felt it.  It felt exactly like the physical glass would feel.  I also saw my hands and arms and they were also just like my physical ones.

Last night I had a projection where I flew around my house trying to find my dog.  When I found him he was exited and bouncing all over the place. I just wanted him to hold still so I could look at his face and really study him.  I remember thinking that if I had arms and hands I could just grab him and make him hold still.  I momentarily reached out to grab him and I touched him just briefly and then it was like my hand was gone again.  I think I wasn't successful because I doubted that I had arms and hands!  If I had believed I had them they probably would have been there.

Lionheart

Quote from: soarin12 on September 11, 2013, 23:53:03
I almost always am a single point of consciousness in my OBEs.  I fly around looking at things with no awareness of having a body.  In the early days of my OBEs I was aware of having legs and arms.
I think this a common thing with most people that have experienced the NPR many times consciously aware and have progressed away from the "need" for a physical form.  :-)

At first we tend to have a perspective of a physical body. We expect the NPR to be just like this existence and in so, we feel the need for a physical form.

But then after awhile you realize a physical form can be so limiting and that expectation and need for it seems to disappear.

You now view all as  "pure" Consciousness in general, itself would, without the need for a form or appendages.  :wink:

soarin12

Quote from: Lionheart on September 12, 2013, 00:43:23
I think this a common thing with most people that have experienced the NPR many times consciously aware and have progressed away from the "need" for a physical form.  :-)

At first we tend to have a perspective of a physical body. We expect the NPR to be just like this existence and in so, we feel the need for a physical form.

But then after awhile you realize a physical form can be so limiting and that expectation and need for it seems to disappear.

You now view all as  "pure" Consciousness in general, itself would, without the need for a form or appendages.  :wink:

Ah, so maybe when I get even more experienced, instead of trying to use my hands and arms to hold my dog still I would just command him to be still or "think" him still! :)

Lionheart

Quote from: soarin12 on September 12, 2013, 00:50:39
Ah, so maybe when I get even more experienced, instead of trying to use my hands and arms to hold my dog still I would just command him to be still or "think" him still! :)
Sure you could do that if you wish, lol!  :-)

But I mean, that you wouldn't be looking for your dog in the first place. You would have far more exciting targets/places to explore. Not saying your dog isn't exciting though!  :wink:

soarin12

Quote from: Lionheart on September 12, 2013, 00:54:28
Sure you could do that if you wish, lol!  :-)

But I mean, that you wouldn't be looking for your dog in the first place. You would have far more exciting targets/places to explore. Not saying your dog isn't exciting though!  :wink:

Ha-ha!  This isn't the first time I've been accused of having a mundane OBE life, Lionheart.  LOL!  I'd gladly kick it up a notch if I knew how.  Actually I'm pretty apprehensive about meeting E.T.s  My fear of creepy things is probably holding me back. --sigh.  All my best, most enlightened experiences happened when I first started --in my "age of innocence" before the bad experiences came along.  Ever since I've had to fight to work my way back to that place of fearlessness I started out with. 

Lionheart

Quote from: soarin12 on September 12, 2013, 16:21:38
Ha-ha!  This isn't the first time I've been accused of having a mundane OBE life, Lionheart.  LOL!  I'd gladly kick it up a notch if I knew how.  
LOL, I wasn't trying to say you live a mundane life Soarin. I was just making a comment on the fact that there is so much more to see and do, once you get past the beginning stages, where doing physical things is still part of your NPR (Non Physical Reality) as well.

Szaxx

I had around 5 years of experiences closely tied to the physical before things progressed into the astral proper. Then the scarey stuff started. I had a few experiences before that too where the fear has remained in memory.
Today by comparison, crossing a road is more scarey.
You get into these predicaments to master your fears. By hitting them head on in an experience, you either succeed or wake up thinking 'Why didn't I ...'
It's all part of the learning and we all do it.
It's unlikely you'll meet any ET's until you're ready. If you do  as happened to me, you'll instinctively know what you have to do. There's no fear in this at all. My first encounter was at 9 years of age where I had to communicate with them saying we are not at all nasty. They seemed to understand me and removed the things that would have destroyed us all.
It took a few nights of reoccurring experiences to get this one sorted. After completing this, the fear was out of me and it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I originally expected.
Accept what you can do and learn those things preventing you from progressing. If you have to face them head on, so be it. You'll be suprised at how things are so understandable to you. It's like some entity has specially prepared them for you. The entity could easily be your higher self.
It's not scarey, it's more like an emotional challenge of your mentality.
A 'will the fear win' or 'nah, this one will do it' sort of thing.
Be comfortable with yourself and have faith in yourself.
Calculus is far more scarey.  :-D
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soarin12

Gotcha, Lionheart.  I wasn't offended. Really! lol.  I've been pondering whether or not my non-physical experience has been complete or not without a NP body.  These are the "senses" I have experienced while being pure consciousness. (without a body) -- Sight, hearing, smell, being touched, communication, emotions, locomotion (travel), & super abilities on special occasions.  I think that just leaves touch and taste.  While I've been touched by others in the NPR (and been rained and snowed upon!)  I have never touched anything without having hands and arms.  Also I've never tasted anything ever in a conscious projection.--only in regular dreams.  I've never been hungry and never had the desire to eat.  I wonder if spirits eat just for fun or if it's just a physical realm thing.  Anyway, I thought it was interesting that I can do everything body-less except I still need my NP hands to touch things.--I can't experience how things feel with out NP hands.

How about the rest of you?

Szaxx,  Thanks for your reply.  Everything you said was VERY helpful. Especially knowing how long you've been doing this and you haven't died, gone crazy, sold your soul... lol.  :)

pm1978

Quote from: soarin12 on September 12, 2013, 16:21:38
Ha-ha!  This isn't the first time I've been accused of having a mundane OBE life, Lionheart.  LOL!  I'd gladly kick it up a notch if I knew how.  Actually I'm pretty apprehensive about meeting E.T.s  My fear of creepy things is probably holding me back. --sigh.  All my best, most enlightened experiences happened when I first started --in my "age of innocence" before the bad experiences came along.  Ever since I've had to fight to work my way back to that place of fearlessness I started out with. 

None of it is mundane... contemplate over the places you attract there... it will start making sense...lessons : )

CFTraveler

Quote from: pm1978 on August 31, 2013, 22:24:24
We used to do this trick in middle school where you put one hand in the desk and your other hand on top of the desk. Another person puts there hand on top of the desk too where your other hand would be...

Someone will go to smash the other persons hand sharing the desktop with you, and your brain is convinced it is your hand and you jump out of the way... your hand that is hiding does feel a "phantom sensation"...

I got to try this.... can you describe the procedure a little more pictorially?  I'm having trouble understanding where to put my 'other' hand.
Why?

pm1978

Quote from: CFTraveler on October 19, 2013, 14:28:47
I got to try this.... can you describe the procedure a little more pictorially?  I'm having trouble understanding where to put my 'other' hand.

Sure, it is just a schoolkid modified version of the rubber hand illusion, google it.