What was this?

Previous topic - Next topic

neostar

Okay, so, I just tried to Astral Project for the first time in a really long time. In the past I have tried AP a few times but never really succeeding in it, and I guess I wasn't really that serious or intent about it either. Now, however, I have gained a new kind of interest for Astral Projection / OBE and really want it to work. I also had this different feeling of peacefulness/ calmness today when trying. Anyway, so here is the story that I just wrote down. I am sorry that it's so messy, I'll try to edit it later, right now my mind is still a bit weary and sleepy from the experience. Please tell me your ideas, whether I had some sort of almost OBE, or was it just my imagination/ a dream/ sleep paralysis?  Has anyone had an experience like this? Here it is:

So I tried astral projection, and laid down on my bed, relaxing myself. I think I fell asleep one time, though I am not sure as I was more or less drifting somewhere in between sleep and consciousness. After some time, I felt like I wasn't going to succeed and decided I would give up, so I turned on my side and fell asleep. Well, that's what I thought first. Suddenly I am laying on my bed, I think I am awake, and try to get up, but something is holding me down, and everytime I try to move I hear an extremely loud humming and screetching voice, almost if someone is screaming. There are also vibrations everywhere in my body; it feels like my body is one big vibration instead of the block of rather stabile meat it feels like normally. I keep trying to move and every time I try the noise gets louder. I realize it must be a sleep paralysis and get a little bit excited and it alleviates my nervousness a little bit as well as I now know why I can't move. So I decide to just explore it. When I lay still without trying to move the white noise in my ears almost disappears and I realize I hear someone talking. I hear different voices and music in my head, as if I am tuned in on some radio channel. The voices are very clear. I hear someone like my professor talk. Then a boy singing a song I have never heard before. I think to myself I should memorize this song to write it down later and to try to search if it actually exists or not, but I forget the melody as well as the lyrics when I wake up. I have a feeling as if i am a bit "loose"' in my body I get excited and try to get out of my body, but still feel pinned down to my body and that annoying screaming sound that gets almost unbearable. I can hear my own heartbeat like a drum. I think I start to regain my wakefulness state so I calm myself down. I open my eyes not being sure whether I am out of body, awake, or in a dream. Everything is so white, white, white. I can still hear the humming noise in my head everytime I try to move. I force myself to move, because I am starting to get a little bit afraid of not being able to move. I mumble "help" as I feel like I can't get out of the state. I hear my voice as something distant. I don't know whether I have actually said it with my physical body or not. I reach out with my hand, but it almost blends in with the background, as it, too, is white, but a different shade of white. I am starting to get afraid, and I try a few times to get out of the state, but it takes a few tries before I am finally back to my normal waking state and body. I open my eyes. Everything looks normal. My body feels more tired than before going to bed – in a strange exhausted but relaxed way. I feel a bit out of it, but in a way very peaceful. I am starting to lose bits and pieces of my experience so rush to the computer to write it down as well as I could. Some of the timeline could be messed up though, because I don't remember all the details in the exact order as they happened.

obe4life

Seems like you were in experiencing the vibrational stage. And for the "radio" voices and strange music, I remember one time when I was experiencing the vibrations, a weird repeating beep sound like Morse code hit my ears very clearly. It seemed like it's coming from far away and getting closer gradually as it's emitting from a passing by satellite or something. Then it faded out gradually until it disappeared.

dpk38

Things that happen on non physical realms cannot be explained and understood as easily as you want them to.

No wonder why many didn't reply to this post.
The answer to all questions is earnest self enquiry, "Who am I?"

neostar

Quote from: dpk38 on May 26, 2016, 13:17:29
Things that happen on non physical realms cannot be explained and understood as easily as you want them to.

No wonder why many didn't reply to this post.

Doesn't mean they shouldn't be discussed. Isn't that why this whole forum exists?  :-D It personally doesn't bother me if people don't reply, but it does seem to be of concern to you. Interesting.

Quote from: obe4life on May 26, 2016, 09:06:23
Seems like you were in experiencing the vibrational stage. And for the "radio" voices and strange music, I remember one time when I was experiencing the vibrations, a weird repeating beep sound like Morse code hit my ears very clearly. It seemed like it's coming from far away and getting closer gradually as it's emitting from a passing by satellite or something. Then it faded out gradually until it disappeared.

Hmm, so this is the vibration stage then. :D It is interesting since I don't think I've ever gotten this far. I have experienced the vibrations once I think years ago, but it was very very different compared to this, nothing nearly as strong or vivid. Those voices and sounds are very interesting indeed, I wonder where they come from. Thank you for your response! :)

fowlskins

you were defiantly in sleep paralysis you get all sorts of aural hallucinations while in that state
the vibrations sometimes come from here to for me
the trick is to just passively observe what is happening and not let the fear overcome you (easyer said than done)
but when you do you will find you will be able to relax through whatever phenomenon you are experiencing and move on to the next stage

heres a thread from the stickies all about sleep paralysis

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html