News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Energy Work

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyro21

I was on here a while ago because I was wanting to learn how to AP but I decided that I wanted to do some energy work first so I started to practice reiki. I think I'm finally getting more sensitive to energy because I've never been able to feel anything when I was doing reiki treatments but now when I do them I feel a slight tingling feeling at the center of both of my palms. I'm wanting to do energy work but I'm not sure what I want to do.

What kind of energy work would you guys recommend for a beginner?

Athymari

One great thing about Reiki I have found is that you can use it for all sorts of energy work- not just healing and I think many of them are great for learning pre-Ap.

Chakra and aura cleansing,
chakra balancing and empowering, 
enchancing pyshic/intuition/awareness abilities,
reiki balls (like pys balls),
protection,
grounding,
creating sacred spaces,
using reiki to cleanse program and power crystals

All of these are engery work that I am working on (not all at once) using Reiki as I have found that Reiki is a common base that I can use for the above which I feel would give me a good start when APing. (still only in practice concious AP mode - unless its from a sleep then I just go for it)

I would definitely start with learning to create a sacred/protection space, grounding yourself then cleansing, open and powering your chakras. I have made it into a little ritual I do before daily reiki practice so I can practice them all at once. Reiki balls is a good way to learn to manipulate engery, you dont need a Second degree to learn how to send reiki by distance (i tried with a reiki ball)- unless its a long way I beleive.

Just my thoughts though :)

kurtykurt42

This is what I have been using for the past few years.

New Energy Ways

Most people here will tell you that it's the best method for beginners.

Pyro21

Thanks you guys!

I'm glad to see that you can do more than just heal with reiki. Does it help to visualize the reiki energy when your using reiki to create reiki balls and when you're healing?

Harrif

I'm not actually reiki healer, but as I've understood, and as with some other healing techniques, it usually seems to be more effective if you just begin the healing process and then 'step out of the way' so to speak. Meaning you don't try to do anything, just let the healing happen after you've started running the energy.

There are, however, healing methods in which you have to do all the work.. Quantum touch basic healing method for example, in which one has to willfully circle the energy from legs to head and to hands while using one of many breathing techniques.. this method requires a lot of concentration, but I find it very good for developing the energy body while doing it, because it basically is almost identical to some of the NEW energy ways methods. Although the more advanced methods in QT also rely pretty much you starting the process or creating the healing space and then getting out of the way and letting the healing occur. And these techniques seem to be more powerful for healing purposes in most cases.

I would also recommend starting the practise with NEW energy ways which kurtykurt42 linked there.. you pretty much learn QT in the process as a one powerful healing method (once you are able to do full body bounce).

-Harrif

Athymari

Quote from: Pyro21 on September 06, 2009, 10:21:16
Thanks you guys!

I'm glad to see that you can do more than just heal with reiki. Does it help to visualize the reiki energy when your using reiki to create reiki balls and when you're healing?

When I make my reiki balls I try to visualise what it might look like if i could see it with my physical eyes, though I do not visualise it IN my head I tried to visualise it between my hands while I try to feel it, if that makes sense.

One thing I do not want to do is try and take different methods from different areas and way of doing things - just my way . I have tried this before and it can get confusing- hence why I am basing mine on the Reiki.

What type of Reiki do you use btw? I use Usui Reiki and I have this book currently, its great and tells you all the other things you can use Reiki for as well:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reiki-Life-Complete-Practice-Rractice/dp/0749929715/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252261009&sr=8-5

You may also likeo to have a look over this Reiki forum to:
http://www.sharereiki.org/sriforum/index.php

they have sections on Energy Body Development, chakras etc. I tend to bounce between this forum and the Reiki one.

Pyro21

I started to read the New Energy Ways article a few days ago and I have a few questions.

1) In the article it says the visualization is not actually seeing things in your mind but just imagining them. Does this mean I shouldn't try and see things in my mind when I'm doing energy work?

2) What exactly is Mobile Body Awareness? Do I just try and give one part of my body all of my focus?

I think I'm just trying to make things seem more complicated than they actually are and that's why I'm getting confused.

Athymari

Quote from: Pyro21 on September 09, 2009, 12:09:27
I started to read the New Energy Ways article a few days ago and I have a few questions.

1) In the article it says the visualization is not actually seeing things in your mind but just imagining them. Does this mean I shouldn't try and see things in my mind when I'm doing energy work?

I also had a look at the link which was quite interesting. Though I have to admit with Pyro, it is slightly confusing 'visualising is not actually seeing things in your mind'.  how do you imaging without visualising? If you asked me to imagine a cup, I would automaticaly bring up an image of a cup in my mind. Or is the difference that you are imagining the cup is in your mind or outside ie on the table?

CFTraveler

What he says is that most people expect visualization to be 'seeing something' as if they were looking at it, like watching TV, and then assume they are not good at it, while what visualization is for most people (except clairvoyants, perhaps) is the same thing you do when you think of something, and most people do this, not thinking it's 'visualization'.
Is that clearer?

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/new-energy-ways/no-visualization.html

Pyro21

Quote from: CFTraveler on September 09, 2009, 17:09:14
What he says is that most people expect visualization to be 'seeing something' as if they were looking at it, like watching TV, and then assume they are not good at it, while what visualization is for most people (except clairvoyants, perhaps) is the same thing you do when you think of something, and most people do this, not thinking it's 'visualization'.
Is that clearer?

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/new-energy-ways/no-visualization.html

Yeah that's pretty clear. So if we're thinking about something and we can see images of it in our mind then that's ok?

Now I just need help with my Mobile Body Awareness question.  :-D

CFTraveler

Mobile body awareness is simply being able to put your awareness in any place in the body and be able to move it.
It is done the same way as Tactile Imaging (sponging, brushing, etc) but faster.  The idea behind MBA is not to 'feel' energy as you do with the initial TI slow exercises, but to learn the ability to move your awareness from one part of your body to another, and be able to get some speed doing this.
It starts out slow, and then speeds up, and it will not be a strong feeling- instead it'll be a matter of 'knowing where your foot is without looking'(body awareness). type of thing.
Did that help?

Pyro21

Quote from: CFTraveler on September 09, 2009, 21:48:58
Mobile body awareness is simply being able to put your awareness in any place in the body and be able to move it.
It is done the same way as Tactile Imaging (sponging, brushing, etc) but faster.  The idea behind MBA is not to 'feel' energy as you do with the initial TI slow exercises, but to learn the ability to move your awareness from one part of your body to another, and be able to get some speed doing this.
It starts out slow, and then speeds up, and it will not be a strong feeling- instead it'll be a matter of 'knowing where your foot is without looking'(body awareness). type of thing.
Did that help?

Kind of but I'm still not entirely sure how we put our awareness in different places in the body. Are we just suppose to be able to move our focus to any part of our body?

Also, since the next chapter I'm going to read is  about tactile imaging I'll ask a question about it.

In tactile imaging, are we just suppose to try and feel things just by visualizing them? I'm already really good at imaging different objects and I'm able to almost feel the object in my hand even though I'm only imagining it.

Harrif

The objective is to learn to highlight any part of your body with your awareness only, eventually.

If you find it hard to target some (or any part at all) areas of your body with awareness only.. you should use first do the practise physically, and concentrate how it feels when you actually do it, and then reproduse the same feeling with your awareness (or mind) alone. It's not about visualizing, you don't have to visualize at all, just feel it. This is one of those things that may seem complicated when explained, but it really is very simple and natural. The only hard part in it for some, may be that they don't get any response from the part they are trying to manipulate or just feel, and that usually is a indication of an energy blockage.

So, just to get you started, first thing you should/could try (I though this was explained in NEW guide though), physically scratch (or brush if you have a paint brush or something) your thumb (joint, or thumb as a whole), not hard just enough for the feeling to linger after you stop it. Close your eyes and concentrate on the feeling in your thumb, when you are doing it, and how it feels after you stop it. Now you have a reference what you will try to accomplish with your awareness only. You CAN imagine/visualise your hand doing to brushing, but by no means do you have to, the point is the feeling the brushing does. If it helps to visualize a brush stroking back and forth your thumb, then you can do so, but only as a means to get the feeling.

It may take some time at first, so don't stop if you don't feel anything in your thumb when you brush it back and forth mentally, it shouldn't take more than 0-3 minutes to start feeling energy sensations there.. and then it gets easier, but even before that you can learn to feel the mental brushing quite as real as if someone really were brushing your thumb/whatever you are working on.

Hopefully this helps you to feel it, and when you learn it from one place you can use the same method anywhere. When you feel comfortable enough with the mental awareness moving around your body, lose the  physical scratching/brushing so that you don't grow dependant on it.

Once more, tactile imagining isn't any more complex then you for example concentrating intensilly(at first, it gets almost automatic) on your hand. To make it even easier, close your eyes and try to feel little breezes and differences in temperature around your hand, you'll surely automatically be concentrating on your hand really well then. You don't need to visualize anything in order to feel your hand do you? You just concentrate on it, and you are done. The thing is that when you concentrate on a part of your body you move your awareness from your eyes to the spot you are concentrating, without even realizing it. Moving/spinning/etc the awareness "spot" is the new thing here, and it makes all the difference.

Of course there will be some more new things to learn, but one step at a time.

-Harrif

CFTraveler

Quote from: Pyro21 on September 10, 2009, 00:55:01

In tactile imaging, are we just suppose to try and feel things just by visualizing them? I'm already really good at imaging different objects and I'm able to almost feel the object in my hand even though I'm only imagining it.

To answer the specific awareness question you asked, you don't feel things by visualizing them, you 'know where a body part is' by feeling it.
For example, close your eyes.  Where is your foot?  Think about it with your mind.  Then, wiggle your toe.  Is it where you thought it was?
You just put your awareness in your foot.

Tactile imaging is knowing what something feels by 'remembering' how if feels.
Or, what Harrif said.

Pyro21

Quote from: CFTraveler on September 10, 2009, 12:09:01
To answer the specific awareness question you asked, you don't feel things by visualizing them, you 'know where a body part is' by feeling it.
For example, close your eyes.  Where is your foot?  Think about it with your mind.  Then, wiggle your toe.  Is it where you thought it was?
You just put your awareness in your foot.

Tactile imaging is knowing what something feels by 'remembering' how if feels.
Or, what Harrif said.

If that's all Mobile Body Awareness is then I can already do that. I can even do tactile imaging if that's all it is.

Thanks for clearing that stuff up for me!  :-)

Pyro21

Today I started on an exercise for tactile imaging and it said move your awerness to the top base of your thumb because that is where one of the secondary energy centers is located. After that it told you to move your awerness around the top base of your thumb so I did that and after I did that for a few seconds it became really easy to make the circles and it seemed like the circles were almost going on their own and I read the next sentence of the excersise and it talked about exactly what I was feeling. It said that the tingling feeling(which is what I was feeling) would start to gain it's own momentum. I got so excited that I felt this before it even talked about it. :D   

Harrif

Good job! It isn't hard is it? Once you get the hang of it.. and it does get it's own momentum, so it's automatic after a while, it even gets hard to stop when you do it for a while in one place.

And nice that you got the feeling before reading about it, it just goes to show that it isn't about some self-suggestion etc. as some skeptics like to explain it away. "you get what you expect", I think not. ;)

-Harrif

Pyro21

I'm having a hard time doing it again. I have a hard time moving my awerness around in such a small area. I guess I need more practice! :D