News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Extreme Rage?

Previous topic - Next topic

Frozen Silence

I was talking to a friend today, and after some stressful times in their life, she was feeling a lot of pain.  She told me that this soon escalated into a rage so great, she believed that it could easily destroy the world if it wanted to.  She said that it didn't seem like these emotions were coming from herself, even though she has a violent temper by nature.  They said it was far stronger than anything they've felt before, and that it made normal rage seem like a kitten to them.  I'm worried about them.  I was wondering if there's anything that would help her defeat her rage, besides meditation.  She say that when she tries to meditate, it just makes her angry, and gets worse and worse as she tries.

malganis

Do The Work by Byron Katie. It's very easy to learn and effective. http://www.thework.com/thework.asp
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Frozen Silence

Thanks, I relayed the site to her, although she doesn't seem too enthusiastic about it.  :P

Edit:  It's not gonna work...  x_x

"Speck says:
o.o the ppl i get mad at have every reason to have me angry at them.."

malganis

It depends if she wants to get over her rage. If she doesn't want no one can force her.

"Speck says:
o.o the ppl i get mad at have every reason to have me angry at them.."

You could follow it with these Q's:
1. Is it true?
2. Can you absolutely know that it's true?
3. How do you react when you think that thought?
4. Who would you be without the thought?
(Turn it around)

There are worksheet's you can DL from the site in down-left corner for more detailed questions.
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Mydral

I don't see the problem.....
rage and anger are just emotions, nothing to do with destroying the world.

If meditation gets her angry she is not doing meditation in the first place. Tell her to get a grip on herself and get over it before she does something stupid.
Tell her to forgive the people that did her wrong and move on... if she doesn't forgive them her rage will continoue, everything done against them by her will turn back on her at some later point in life in a form of guilt or beeing ashamed.
In somnis veritas

MisterJingo

The thing with rage and anger is, if left unchecked, it feeds off itself. We can be angry or hate others (for whatever reason) but to do such a thing, we need to carry the anger and hate inside ourselves. When I was younger I used to carry such anger and rage that I could feel it physically in my body, even to the extent that my gums seemed to itch and writhe with it.
I reached a point where I could either do something very stupid, or I could attempt to release such negativity. I decided to release it.
It wasn't an overnight thing, it was a continuous awarness of my emotions, and trying to keep a check on them. Deep breaths are all well and good, but unless awarness is kept on the reason 'why', then it's a short term fix. Over time, whatever habits, learnt responses etc which had generated such anger started to dissipate.
I sometimes now get irritible and can be a bit sh*tty for little reason, but in such times I try and look at why. So it's still a work in progress.
As said above, this is something your friends needs to want to happen. Without intent to reduce the anger and rage, it will not be reduced.

morning_star

It's an outer influence. In the same way most emotions are. The wiring is in her soul, but I feel something is tinkering with it.  When it's over, she'll feel like she just woke up from a dream.  I know from experience.  Unusual negative emotions are not generated from within. Just try to help her "wake up."

Frozen Silence

Love.

SnakeDoctor

menopause?

but all jokes aside...i had a feeling of great rage a year or so ago, i even talked to my best friend about it, then pretended it wasn't there till it went away. haven't really felt it recently...even though occasionally i'll just start bursting out laughing or just want to cry...i swear, i have a period that doesn't bleed...