News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Haunted Ouija Board?

Previous topic - Next topic

AstralVibe

I was browsing ebay to purchase a good to great condition Ouija Board, and I found this listing. This is what the seller said...

THIS GAME I AM NOT KIDDING IS ONE I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE ASAP!  LOOK AT THE PHOTO! .  THE WORDS ARE BACKWARD AND I DID NOTHING TO MAKE IT THAT WAY.  ON THE BOX THEY ARE CORRECT!  THIS CAME FROM A VERY OLD ESTATE AND WAS UP IN THE ATTIC WITH A BUNCH OF WITCHCRAFT BOOK!  WHILE TRYING TO LIST THIS MY PHOTO LIGHTING I USE TO LIST WITH WAS GOING WACKO AND FLICKERING AS YOU MAY SEE IN PHOTO!  AFTER I LIST THIS GAME IT IS OUT OF MY HOUSE TO WHERE I STORE STUFF.  NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN BEFORE.  I HAVE LISTED THESE GAMES IN THE PAST BUT SOMETHING VERY STRANGE ABOUT THIS ONE! IF YOUR INTO THIS STUFF HURRY AND GET THIS THING BEFORE IT MEETS THE TRASH MAN!  THIS IS NOT A SALES PITCH

Heres the link to the listing with the photo, I can't seem to post the picture here. I also had problem adding my avatar too, and the help section is a bit vague. Can anyone help me on this problem?

If you look at the photos on this listing, and another photo of another listing, for some reason its totally different. Its very weird, the word is backwards but it is upright. And the hands are totally of different hands. I've check alot of posting, and the boards with this photo all look alike. They either have different photo or they have the two hands. But this one is totally different. I really doubt the seller would waste his/her time trying to edit the photo to appear like that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WILLIAM-FULD-OUIJA-BOARD-I-THINK-THIS-THING-IS-HAUNTED_W0QQitemZ120076297550QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2530QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AstralVibe
-Free ReiKi Attunement and ebook on aura sight and energy work. http://www.xehupatl.com/
-For free rmaterials such as video, ebook, audiobook, check out Demonoid.com. You must download a peer2peer program called bittorrent. Google for info.

Principle

Well, If you are prepared to handle it. I would purchase it.

That's if it holds the power the seller states it has,
This would make for a good connection with the Spiritual world.

If you seek to communicate with Spirits, Why not?
But not all Spirits are Good Spirits.

Mydral

Uhm:
1. Take a mirror
2. Place the Board infront of that mirror
3. Make a picture of mirror image of the board
4. Post that picture on ebay and write crazy stuff
5. Wait for stupid buyer

:wink:  :lol:
In somnis veritas

AstralVibe

Quote from: Mydral on January 25, 2007, 01:11:37
Uhm:
1. Take a mirror
2. Place the Board infront of that mirror
3. Make a picture of mirror image of the board
4. Post that picture on ebay and write crazy stuff
5. Wait for stupid buyer

:wink:  :lol:

Whether you're joking or not, I still don't think she is doing it. Its not like she selling it at a high price, So I don't see what reason she has. But I did not want to buy that particular one, anyhow, I bought a glow in the dark one. Might buy one of the older ones if the glow one ends up being too small.

AstralVibe
-Free ReiKi Attunement and ebook on aura sight and energy work. http://www.xehupatl.com/
-For free rmaterials such as video, ebook, audiobook, check out Demonoid.com. You must download a peer2peer program called bittorrent. Google for info.

Mydral

Quote from: AstralVibe on January 25, 2007, 02:22:15
Whether you're joking or not, I still don't think she is doing it. Its not like she selling it at a high price, So I don't see what reason she has. But I did not want to buy that particular one, anyhow, I bought a glow in the dark one. Might buy one of the older ones if the glow one ends up being too small.

AstralVibe

He is definalty doing it. Look at the letters, they are not backwards (like the guy claims), they are all mirror reversed.
The hands are also mirror reversed, they are not different from any other board.
"The lighting goes wacko and flickering".... well of course if your using a mirror....

Its a dumb trick...
In somnis veritas

Principle

eBay has policies against false advertisement, and If he was to recieve the item "Not as described" then he is entitled to a full refund.

Therefore, I doubt the person would lie about the Ouija Board characters being backwards.

Sentinal

The seller states that the box is correct, but the picture shows everything reversed. I think they are trying to claim that the picture came out backwards for unknown reasons. So what you received would be the average board and you would not be able to verify the claim.

Principle

Well, You can ask to vertify and confirm your belief.

AstralVibe

Quote from: Mydral on January 25, 2007, 03:40:00
He is definalty doing it. Look at the letters, they are not backwards (like the guy claims), they are all mirror reversed.
The hands are also mirror reversed, they are not different from any other board.
"The lighting goes wacko and flickering".... well of course if your using a mirror....

Its a dumb trick...

First off, the words are backward, I don't know what you've been smoking on. They are backwards and they are upwritght. Secondly, the hands are different!!! The one that hasn't been altered by spirits are in blue sleeves, and the one that has, are in black, and the left hand is lifted. The picture that isn't altered, both hands are not lifted. Here is the un-altered, take a long good comparative look at both.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1972-Haunted-Ouija-Board-Extremely-Active_W0QQitemZ330078003224QQihZ014QQcategoryZ102515QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I still wonder Mydra, why are you in this forum, if you are assuming that the seller is doing something fishy. The Folks who works with Ouija Board confirms that they open the window/portal/dimension for the spirits to cross over. So its highly unlikely that they are doing it with photo shop or any other digital program.

And another thing Mydra, they sold it for $26 bucks, so roughly a few more bucks than the others, not much for all that digital work. But anyhow, believe what you will.

AstralVibe

AstralVibe

Quote from: Sentinal on January 25, 2007, 15:40:13
The seller states that the box is correct, but the picture shows everything reversed. I think they are trying to claim that the picture came out backwards for unknown reasons. So what you received would be the average board and you would not be able to verify the claim.

You can verify it by using it. If there is alot of paranormal happening, with objects flying around in your house. Then for certain it is possess by many evil spirits? Possibly possess by many witchcraft, as she said there was alot of witchcraft materials where she found the board.

AstralVibe

Selski

Quote from: AstralVibe on January 26, 2007, 10:40:35
All of us  in here know that Ouija Board opens the door to other dimensions.

Hi AstralVibe

Speak for yourself, but don't lump the rest of us in with your beliefs.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Sentinal

I don't understand the comparison between the photos. It is two different sellers and two different boxes. Parker Brothers has made the things since 1966, there were a couple others before they bought it. Not all the boxes over that period of time were the same. The one that is backwards can be done with a simple digital flip that only takes 30 seconds. I like a good mystery as much as anyone, but I just don't see one here.

AstralVibe

Quote from: Selski on January 26, 2007, 10:55:45
Hi AstralVibe

Speak for yourself, but don't lump the rest of us in with your beliefs.

Sarah

Ok Sarah, I will take that word "all," back if it somehow offened you or others. When I said it, I was refering to all the folks who have delt with the Ouija Board, I will try to be more specific next time.  But if I'm not mistaken, most of the post/article I read about Ouija Board, states something like opening up the window for spirits to cross over, if they aren't already here. And that sounds like opening to other dimension to me. Word it however you will, they all mean pretty much the same.

AstralVibe

AstralVibe

Quote from: Sentinal on January 26, 2007, 19:58:12
I don't understand the comparison between the photos. It is two different sellers and two different boxes. Parker Brothers has made the things since 1966, there were a couple others before they bought it. Not all the boxes over that period of time were the same. The one that is backwards can be done with a simple digital flip that only takes 30 seconds. I like a good mystery as much as anyone, but I just don't see one here.

It seems like your right with the design, but that still does not prove that it was not altered by some entity. Anyhow, take it as you will, I only intended to show you what I found. If it doesn't interest you, then read another post. If it does interest you, or you have some prior experience with the Ouija Board, then I'll gladly hear your story. And if you have any tips/protection for using them, please feel free to type away.  :-D

Here is the other link to the same model/cover.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1972-PB-Mystery-Talking-Board-Game-Set-OUIJA_W0QQitemZ230081557947QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2531QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

AstralVibe

Mydral

Quote from: AstralVibe on January 26, 2007, 10:40:35

First off, the words are backward, I don't know what you've been smoking on. They are backwards and they are upwritght. Secondly, the hands are different!!! The one that hasn't been altered by spirits are in blue sleeves, and the one that has, are in black, and the left hand is lifted. The picture that isn't altered, both hands are not lifted. Here is the un-altered, take a long good comparative look at both.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1972-Haunted-Ouija-Board-Extremely-Active_W0QQitemZ330078003224QQihZ014QQcategoryZ102515QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I still wonder Mydra, why are you in this forum, if you are assuming that the seller is doing something fishy. The Folks who works with Ouija Board confirms that they open the window/portal/dimension for the spirits to cross over. So its highly unlikely that they are doing it with photo shop or any other digital program.

And another thing Mydra, they sold it for $26 bucks, so roughly a few more bucks than the others, not much for all that digital work. But anyhow, believe what you will.

AstralVibe

Uhm.... the Ouija board in that link is from a different company..... hence the hands a different.
Your post later on gives a correct link to board with the same company as the one which is supposendly changed by spirits.

And I will try to explain how mirrors work for the last time, since you don't seem to get it. I will involve you in it, think of it like a do-it-youself thing.

Write the following on a blank piece of paper:

ABCDEFG

Look at the piece of paper. Now go to a mirror, look into the mirror and turn the paper so that the ABCDEFG faces the mirror. Look at into the mirror and look at the image of the paper.
OH MY GOD, its exactly like the haunted Ouija board, I guess your piece of paper is haunted too.  :roll:

In somnis veritas

Stookie

I have a haunted "Chutes & Ladders" if anyone is interested. The slides go up and the ladders go down.

Sentinal

Quote from: AstralVibe on January 26, 2007, 20:35:47
It seems like your right with the design, but that still does not prove that it was not altered by some entity.

You are correct, it does not prove that it was not altered by and entity. However, which is more likely? That it is a rare paranormal phenomenon, or a simple edit that any photoshop user can do. The claim of an ebay seller is not proof either, and the simplest explination is usually the truth.

I am not a disbeliever in paranormal phenomenon, however there is a lot of misinformation and deception out there. If we believe all of it then we end up chasing lies and actually miss seeing the truly fascinating things that are out there. It is up to us to keep ourselves honest, consider all the possibilities and to report our observations accurately.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Stookie on January 29, 2007, 11:49:23
I have a haunted "Chutes & Ladders" if anyone is interested. The slides go up and the ladders go down.

kiwibonga

I got this for christmas:

Ooh, ages 8 and up, it glows in the dark :d

Anyway, how do you know that it's not simply a misprinted board... If I were a ghost, I wouldn't reverse a picture, I'd throw chairs around the room and burn the house down :p
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Selski

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

AstralVibe

Quote from: kiwibonga on January 31, 2007, 02:22:32
I got this for christmas:

Ooh, ages 8 and up, it glows in the dark :d

Anyway, how do you know that it's not simply a misprinted board... If I were a ghost, I wouldn't reverse a picture, I'd throw chairs around the room and burn the house down :p

Kiwi, you seem to have alot of them, I'm assuming you have alot of experience with them? Care to share any story with us? Any tips on how to use it safely? I bought a book on that, but it hasn't arrive yet, won't untill another 4 days.

AstralVibe

Stookie

When I was a teenager I played around with a ouija board a lot. It was the highlight of many weekends with results 90% of the time. But the information obtained was junk. I've heard that things like ouija tend to attract lower-astral entities which is why it's rare to have a meaningful account.

Towards the end of those days it did crazy things like "666", saying people I knew were going to die & blowing out candles, so I eventually threw it in a dumpster.

It's probably not something to mess around with if you're unsure of who/what you're communicating with.

Principle

I don't see this as a meaningful way to communicate with Spirits,
I would much rather prefer to practice things such as Automatic Writing.

AstralVibe

Quote from: Stookie on January 31, 2007, 11:33:46
When I was a teenager I played around with a ouija board a lot. It was the highlight of many weekends with results 90% of the time. But the information obtained was junk. I've heard that things like ouija tend to attract lower-astral entities which is why it's rare to have a meaningful account.

Towards the end of those days it did crazy things like "666", saying people I knew were going to die & blowing out candles, so I eventually threw it in a dumpster.

It's probably not something to mess around with if you're unsure of who/what you're communicating with.

Stookie thx for looking out, I really appreciated it. However, I do not intend to use it without further learning how to project myself. I bought a book on how to use it, so I'll wait until I finish that book. About it giving junk info, well I don't know about that, since I've read alot of folks who have had alot of good contacts. Some even talk to their guides. Anyhow, thx for the warning.

AstralVibe

AstralVibe

Quote from: Principle on January 31, 2007, 19:27:41
I don't see this as a meaningful way to communicate with Spirits,
I would much rather prefer to practice things such as Automatic Writing.

That sounds interesting, care to explain how one would go about conducting Automatic Writing. And how is that different from the Ouija Board? Any info would be greatly appreciated. thx

AstralVibe