News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

HHEs or something else

Previous topic - Next topic

Winged_Wolf

Do you know anything about shielding?  I had a friend who had night terrors, and he found that they were greatly reduced when he put up a house shield.  Whether your experience is a sleep disorder or an entity, it might help--certainly worth a try.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
http://www.lulu.com/wingedwolfpsion
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

ruth

I know some and I've done some, usually when the activity gets really persistent. It appears to have helped but it wasn't immediate, and being lazy, once the mainfestations go away, I stop the specific prayers and actions-- until it happens again.

The only pattern I can find is a build up of energy and then zzzzzt, zzzzzzt it occurs again. Oh, and when I'm seeing this "being", my eyes feel as if my contacts have slipped up under the eyelid.(I don't sleep in contacts.)  A few incidents have occurred without me going to sleep-- just turn out the light, stare at the ceiling fan and here it comes.

Thanks Winged Wolf. --ruth

quote:

Do you know anything about shielding?  I had a friend who had night terrors, and he found that they were greatly reduced when he put up a house shield.  Whether your experience is a sleep disorder or an entity, it might help--certainly worth a try.

--Winged Wolf

ruth

Something occurred to me-- what good would shielding do if this is a brain blip? Wouldn't that have as much effect as taking meds for a psychic attack?

Thanks, ruth

Two Bears

Hello Ruth; mu sister.

=
Something occurred to me-- what good would shielding do if this is a brain blip? Wouldn't that have as much effect as taking meds for a psychic attack?
=

Setting up shields is not a waste of time.

If this is a  blip of the subconscious mind; you will be telling the subconscious mind not to bring the subject up again.

The subconscious mind can not tell the difference between a real and imagined event.

Two Bears

Aloha nui loa
Received the title "master" 8 times and still trying to master myself.

Robert Bruce

G'day Ruth!

You do not make it clear what you see or how you see it.  Do you see people, spirits, visions, scenarios, clouds of colour, etc? Please give me a couple of typical examples or nocturnal experiences, and a couple of your others,eg, as you said, while looking at a ceiling fan or etc, and I will advise.

My thoughts are that you could have a more well developed brow centre (third eye) than usual.  You are thus either experiencing clairvoyant vision, astral sight, or picking up imagery from your dream mind while you are awake or semi awake.

Clairvoyance is a fickle thing.  It will often be triggered spontaneously by high energy events in the world at large, and other random factors. When this happens, one has what I call a 'clairvoyant episode', where all of a sudden you have brillinatly clear visions and etc, seemingly for no reason.  Some spirits are also capable of triggering C episodes, by manipulating the brow centre and etc.

Shielding practices are not usually effective for the average person, because people seldom keep up the practice regularly, and tend to use them only when needed.  But metaphysical shields take time to build to the level where they are effective, so they don't generally work for most people.

Also, medication affects brain disorders as well as mental and psychic disorders.  Medication changes the way the brain works.

Take care, Robert.

Robert Bruce
www.astraldynamics.com

Winged_Wolf

Well, as my friend who found that shields alleviated his night terrors can attest, outside interference can trigger these kinds of sleep disorders.
The sheer amount of STUFF the human mind processes, particularly with psychic input added, is awe-inspiring.  Reducing some of that can help a person get a good nights' sleep.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, 'til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire...."

ruth

(quote)
G'day Ruth! (end quote)

G'day, Robert!

(quote)
You do not make it clear what you see or how you see it.  Do you see people, spirits, visions, scenarios, clouds of colour, etc? Please give me a couple of typical examples or nocturnal experiences, and a couple of your others,eg, as you said, while looking at a ceiling fan or etc, and I will advise. (end quote)

What I usually see appears to be someone standing either at the foot of the bed or beside it. It looks like a person, but 'thinner' as if he were a slide projected onto a background. I usually wake up, pummeling my hubby awake, saying something like:"See him? He's right there" whereupon whatever I see recedes into the dark. No clouds, no scenes-- once I saw a book fade away like that, once a group standing around something in a circle. I have seen "him" (it's usually male and the same one) in bed between my husband and me.

The last one was different. Female, and she looked like the motorcycle poster where the body of bike was a woman painted black. This one was not superimposed but three dimensional, a darker inky darkness than the room and pinpoints of light within her body, unlike the usual lights one sees in darkness. Almost like looking at the night sky. I yelled, crab-crawling backwards across the bed. Instead of receding she kept coming toward me. I remember thinking, 'Great; if yelling isn't working, what do I do now"? At that point she backed away and faded out.

The fan is important in that when I see it more starkly defined, not blurry-- darker for instance,I know something is about to happen. I'm nearsighted; normally I wouldn't see it very clearly.

We've had some kinds of clairvoyant and clairaudient things happen, enough to tell the kids that if they see something or hear something, just be polite. It seems hereditary-- my daughters have it as well. People turning a corner ahead of me in the house, cats run in front of me when I know they're outside, hearing my name called in the middle of the night. One time all of us girls ended up in the living room together-- we'd heard another call us. None of us had called.

And then there is the "knowing". That's the only way I can describe it-- a knowing that this, this and this will happen-- in that order. I can't make it work; it happens on its own. Usually it has to so with some kind of emotionally charged spiritual situation.

(quote)
My thoughts are that you could have a more well developed brow centre (third eye) than usual. (end quote)

I used to play "tickle the head" by pointing along the bridge of my nose at my brow, causing my brow to vibrate or tickle. I can still do it.

(quote)
You are thus either experiencing clairvoyant vision, astral sight, or picking up imagery from your dream mind while you are awake or semi awake. (end quote)

I'd say dreams, because that would be the least complicated. However, none of these are like the dreams I have. My dreams are convoluted plot things, dramatic and intense. These are just people standing at my bed.

(quote)
Clairvoyance is a fickle thing.  It will often be triggered spontaneously by high energy events in the world at large, and other random factors. When this happens, one has what I call a 'clairvoyant episode', where all of a sudden you have brillinatly clear visions and etc, seemingly for no reason.  Some spirits are also capable of triggering C episodes, by manipulating the brow centre and etc.

Shielding practices are not usually effective for the average person, because people seldom keep up the practice regularly, and tend to use them only when needed.  But metaphysical shields take time to build to the level where they are effective, so they don't generally work for most people.(end quote)

How long does it take for one to build to an effective level?

(quote)
Also, medication affects brain disorders as well as mental and psychic disorders.  Medication changes the way the brain works.

Take care, Robert. (/ quote)

Thanks, Robert.  --ruth

ruth

Hello Winged Wolf,
quote:

Well, as my friend who found that shields alleviated his night terrors can attest, outside interference can trigger these kinds of sleep disorders.
The sheer amount of STUFF the human mind processes, particularly with psychic input added, is awe-inspiring.  Reducing some of that can help a person get a good nights' sleep. [end quote]

That's an interesting flip-- that the outside interference triggered the sleep disorder and not the other way around. Gotta go think about this. ---ruth

--Winged Wolf

ruth

quote:

Hello Ruth; mu sister. [end quote]

Hallo, Two Bears, my brother!

=
=

Setting up shields is not a waste of time.

If this is a  blip of the subconscious mind; you will be telling the subconscious mind not to bring the subject up again.

The subconscious mind can not tell the difference between a real and imagined event. [end quote]

Okay, so after the shields are set up, how does one maintain them? Every night? Every week? Every month? I know when I'm crashing with a migraine all I want to do is hit the bed. Doing anything at that point is fruitless. But you know this....

-- ruth

Two Bears

Aloha nui loa
Received the title "master" 8 times and still trying to master myself.

Winged_Wolf

Well, when you shield correctly, you'll generally notice that you can feel the difference.  (The exercises promoted on this site certainly could help with increasing that sort of awareness).  Whenever you think about it, throughout the day, and certainly at least once a day, check your shields.  If they're intact, that's fine--if they're not, fix them and reinforce them.
The amount of time it takes for shields to become "automatic" varies from person to person, but eventually you'll find them intact everytime you check them, and you can at that point pretty much leave them be, unless you have some reason specifically to check or reinforce them.  Particularly, check them in the morning--once you keep them up through the night, you usually have trained your subconscious to maintain them without your conscious thought.
When it comes to house shields, you probably need to simply figure out how long they last by checking them every day--you can set up a schedule to maintain them based on that.  You'll probably get better at doing shielding around things other than yourself over time, and find that they will last for longer and longer periods of time, but unlike your personal shields, they don't have an automatic source of energy, so entropy eventually wins, even though some people can create shields that last for years.

--Winged Wolf
--Winged Wolf

ruth

Hi all, I'm new here and I've got a question about spontaneous HHEs (hypnagogic/hynopompic experiences) occurring without sleep paralysis. I've had these on and off since the early 80s (at last this is the most "logical" explanation of what I experience), always waking me up, usually in the process of crab-crawling across the bed and shaking my husband awake, yelling my head off. The sense isn't one of extreme terror but simply how anyone would feel, opening their eyes and seeing someone standing over them while they slept. Startled--yes, irritated--yes, and upset when the last one didn't disappear after I screamed at it (it kept coming toward the bed for several seconds then finally retreated.)

I'm not one to seek out the metaphysical. Seems like it has a way of seeking me out without any help from me. It can be my imagination, so I run a check to make sure it isn't me. Most of the time, it isn't.  

All that to ask: if what I'm experiencing isn't classic HHEs, what is it, and how do you suggest I deal with it?

Thanks all! ruth