News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Hypnosis produces paranormal feats

Previous topic - Next topic

ThaomasOfGrey

I recently heard of a hypnotist who used a subject from the audience to do something "impossible". The setup involved convincing the subject that his daughter was not in the room. We are to believe that the subject was not capable of perceiving his daughters presence in the room. The hypnotist then has the subject read inscriptions off their watch - through the body of the daughter whom they cannot see.

The idea is that with sufficient convincing of a certain fact our minds will decode information that isn't part of our physical senses and incorporate that into a consistent world view experience.

Anyone ever heard of or seen this applied?

Can we explain how it might work conceptually?

baro-san

Quote from: ThaomasOfGrey on March 21, 2018, 07:52:38
I recently heard of a hypnotist who used a subject from the audience to do something "impossible". The setup involved convincing the subject that his daughter was not in the room. We are to believe that the subject was not capable of perceiving his daughters presence in the room. The hypnotist then has the subject read inscriptions off their watch - through the body of the daughter whom they cannot see.

The idea is that with sufficient convincing of a certain fact our minds will decode information that isn't part of our physical senses and incorporate that into a consistent world view experience.

Anyone ever heard of or seen this applied?

Can we explain how it might work conceptually?

Hypnosis opens a direct communication path to the subconscious.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

kuurt

If it does work, maybe our beliefs impact our perceptions more than we realize, and if we can change our beliefs we can change our perceptions.  Perhaps with hypnosis or subliminals. 

I have read about this very story you mention somewhere myself.  In fact, I posted about it on another forum, but nobody responded to it.  I also mentioned that I saw a stage hypnotist on video who supposedly hypnotized a guy and made him able to see though people's clothes when he put on these special glasses.  So the guy was able to see everybody naked.  How cool would that be to be able to see naked girls everywhere you go?  I really thought that forum post would get some attention, but amazingly it didn't. 

There are a couple of subliminals on Youtube for this, but I'm afraid to try it.  Even if you can cause your body to see things it can't normally see using subliminals or something, is that really safe to do?  You might end up messing up your eyes or something.  Who knows.  It's really an unexplored subject.  You would think there would be more guys like me that would like to be able to see naked girls everywhere they go, but there doesn't seem to be anyone trying it.  Or maybe it just doesn't really work for some reason. 

I have also heard of people who can supposedly see through walls, so maybe seeing through solid objects like walls, clothes, and people is something we all have the potential to do.  Who knows.  Maybe we should create a good subliminal for this and post it to get other people to try it out for us. 

Lumaza

For about 10 years straight, the Minnesota State fair had a "Stage Hypnotist" as their final act the last night of the fair. She isn't there anymore, but her shows were incredible. The things she could make people do were amazing. The power of "mental suggestion" is very real and can easily override the rational mind.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla