News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Values and Priorities

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Knight

Now I KNOW I am healing, because I am remembering things I wrote about before my attacks.

In final response to why can't everyone be treated equally all the time...because the universe was created as a system of balance, and the definition of balance is not making everything qual. Balance is "more than enough" giving it's extras to "less than enough."

If everything was equal all the time, we wouldn't feel anything out, wouldn't make priorities, wouldn't have an identity. We'd be empty shells devoid of personality. Feeling out values and priorities, and rearranging them when necessitated, defines us and enables ourselves to look in the mirror and see ourselves.

wantsumrice

Just a quick thought, I don't think it's right to categorize ALL people under attack as not needing philosophizing.

"People under attack need realistic, concrete action, not philosophizing that doesn't materialize into anything. People under attack have repeatedly stated what their needs are, all that is required is follow through."

Maybe there are some out there that have been helped through this "philosophizing"? Because i sure have helped some by "philosophizing".

~ivan

Dark Knight

quote:
By Kiauma How are you validating or recognizing anyone here except you and your supporters - those who share your views?

Just an honest question DK. Please give examples.

Fine...

All people have value and possess qualities they value. Unfortunately from time to time, valuable qualities will clash, and a conflicting agenda will arise. To overcome a conflicting agenda, the valuable qualities must be placed in an order of priority. The old philosophy example of a car sitting at a "No Turn On Red" stoplight,...under normal conditions, it would be illegal to make a turn at the stoplight. But if an ambulance suddenly appeared behind the car with lights and siren blazing, and the only way for the car to get out of the way would be to make the illegal turn, making the illegal turn would be justified. The order of priority had to change.

Validation is not owed to you because it occasionally has to give way for priorities to be organized. I see individuals who claim to have wonderful lives, who have overcome so much, who give the appearance of having so much become insulted and absolutely outraged that something else may take priority over themselves. What is more stunning, is that the priority held in objection is the value of people who are suffering, who are so ruined, so behind because of a combination of trying to stave off the attacks, live life, fulfill responsibility to family and work,...and then forced to defend why their needs have more priority over you own. That's when I quote Mother Theresa, "How dare you be so comfortable at the expense of others!"

You give what you want (whether asked or not) instead giving what's needed, then complain when it falls through, instead of taking a hint that maybe you have a lesson to learn. Actually no, the ones suffering are to do all the learning and the giving so you can stay comfortable. People under attack need realistic, concrete action, not philosophizing that doesn't materialize into anything. People under attack have repeatedly stated what their needs are, all that is required is follow through. People are not so different, so alien that pain can't be recognized or problems solved. If we were, we wouldn't be able to learn and grow. We have to recognize what we are feeling to feel something out, otherwise it is pointless.