News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

time machine materials

Previous topic - Next topic

ismusa

A lot of people have come to the conclusion that if a time machine was made that it wouldn't be able to travel before the point it was created.

I think it will be able to travel back before its creation because the materials that the time machine made of existed.  Unless some Alien civiliation came and brought a time machine that was made of materials that was created in a lab or an entirely new matter or something that didn't exist before.

Even if a time machine was brought,  I think it would only visit a parallel universe because I think this is a multidimensional universe and that its not fully understood how this multidimensional universe funcitons.

Its very hard to imagine, but I think that there is only a now and that past and future are an illusion.  If one were to visit the future I think they would visit a (possible outcome of the now) and now the actual future.

I don't think there is a past or a future.  We humans don't have the faculties to understand that there is only a present.  The future is just a set of outcomes that are possible. 

If a time machine was created now as I right this, I can still go back before it was created becuase the materials exist and the possibility that a time machine can be made anytime in history is possible.

If I were to go to the past, I think I will only see a shadow of the past and not the real past, I may end up in a parallel dimension but I don't see how I can go back to the actual past.

Catatonic

Quote from: ismusa on August 04, 2007, 13:57:14

Its very hard to imagine, but I think that there is only a now and that past and future are an illusion.  If one were to visit the future I think they would visit a (possible outcome of the now) and now the actual future.

I don't think there is a past or a future.  We humans don't have the faculties to understand that there is only a present.  The future is just a set of outcomes that are possible. 

Your beliefs are opposite than mine. I think there's the future and the past, but no present, you see?  Having present next to time, I realized that there's no future and I quite like this idea.

Even though we barely understand this Universe and time traveling and all that stuff, scientists have come up with ideas. The one I like the most is:  imagine a sheet of paper. Bend it in half and get a needle right through the middle of the two.  But then again, no idea how to do that.

We think about time traveling just through Einstein's eyes and his famous equation. All that will come up in the near future, all will be based on his ideas, i think. 

dotster

I don't know anything about time travel or Quantum Physics, however I do know that any material no matter where it comes from, Earth, Mars, Some planet 8 trillion light years away, we already have the materials, the way for a new material to come about is the mutation of that said material, or the combination of that material with another. So in theory, everything that WILL exists will sprout from something that already does exist. You understand what I am trying to say? Even if someone (an alien or anything of the like) brought it, or created it in a lab, the material it would be composed of would be something already in existence.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

iNNERvOYAGER

We are time traveling now. Moving into the future.

"If a time machine was created now as I right this, I can still go back before it was created becuase the materials exist and the possibility that a time machine can be made anytime in history is possible."

Yeah, very cool logic, I like that.

Now, if your machine needed man made materials such as synthetic elements, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_element  then of course, travel into the past posibility would have to have a level of technology attained at an earlier time, so you would travel into a past that is technologically similar to your present, resulting in the effect of not traveling to the past, in other words, things would not be very different.

Awakened_Mind

They are already moving electrons through time in science labs.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

Doringo

Quote from: Awakened_Mind on September 18, 2007, 03:33:03
They are already moving electrons through time in science labs.

-AM
They are? Last I checked, tachyons were still theoretical.
All men are equal in death.

volcomstone

"You understand what I am trying to say? Even if someone (an alien or anything of the like) brought it, or created it in a lab, the material it would be composed of would be something already in existence."

If you're doing the "nothingness doesn't exist" arguement I agree with you....

However, synthetic elements and or transmutations of current elements are a different thing than saying "materials that never existed before"

Astrophysicists theorize that there are large regions of space (in our "visible" universe) where the physical rules of reality as we know it are completely different. (non-local universe theory). 

Also , the multi-verse theory as described by Hawking makes the claim that there are infinite universes "parallel" to our own that have different physical constants (Ie strong nuclear force, speed of light, ether grain size).  Elements from these universes wouldn't be elements in our own universe because the laws that govern their existance are not valid in our universe.

If you where able to create a micro-cosm that recreates the same conditions as the other universes in our own time and space, then maybe you could create materials that don't "exist".

This all has ties to super-symmetry and "virtual" particles.  It is now theorized that many of the forces that we experience (ie gravity) are actually trans-dimensional structures that are able to span between different parallel dimensions and the effects "leak" into our own reality.

opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Awakened_Mind

Quote from: Doringo on September 18, 2007, 11:19:11
They are? Last I checked, tachyons were still theoretical.

I've heard it somewhere, I'll find what I can on it.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.

ismusa

Yes I've also heard that gravity and other mysterious forces are actually in a higher dimension of existence and we feel their effects because they interact with us on a small level. Who knows there could be energies so powerful that there vibrations are so high and fine that they will pass right through us.  I think Angels which are made of light can interact with any dimension of the universe by lowering there frequency etc.  They could travel at infinite speeds because they are not bound to the laws of our universe the physical universe.  I am Islamic and after studying the Quran I found the verse "It is we who are steadily expanding the heavens."  Scientists know that space is constantly expanding due to dark energy which is counters the effect of gravity.  I really don't understand why the author of the Quran consistantly says We but when I asked an arab person (because I don't speak or read arabic) he said that We refers to power, some languages don't translate feelings, expressions and words well because there are no words to explain it.  For example, in the Somali language which I speak, I know there are words that don't translate over to english, take for example the word Quantum.  How am I suppose to explain that to another Somalian who isn't educated in Quantum Mechanics to understand.  The only way to tell that person is to say it in a whole paragraph "it is the study of smallest things and particles".
The only time I found the author of the Quran which I believe to be God refer to himself as I is in a verse about time.  I think the chapter itself is called time.  The son of Adam annoys Me for he abuses Ad-Dahr (Time) though I am Ad-Dahr (Time); in My Hands are all things, and I cause the revolution of day and night (Sahih Al Bukhari, Vol. 6 Hadith # 351).

I don't think humanity will fully understand what the whole universe and all the dimensions are until we move past the physical stage.  We will begin to see wonders and the answers to the mysteries of the universe.  I think there exists some undiscovered form of light or a light that can't be detected that we may be made of same for angels and God.  The angels have infinite energy because some law allows for them to have it.  Where there is energy there is light, so I believe we and everything that has energy which exists has it's own light.

Brian Green and what the bleep do we know both talk about massless particles called gravitrons that can't be detected.  same with neutrinos.  Imagine what else we are not seeing if we can't even detect what mathmatical theories say exist or what we truly believe exists but haven't actually discovered.  We ourselves as we are right now could have something else in our bodies that cannot be detected by current technologies.  The astral body that is in us right now can't be detected and may be made of some form of unknown particle or matter and it irritates me to not have complete knowledge of everything that I am and the universe is.

volcomstone

Interesting points:

"It is we who are steadily expanding the heavens." 

"Brian Green and what the bleep do we know both talk about massless particles called gravitrons that can't be detected.  same with neutrinos"

Brian Greene is the author of "The Elegant universe" which is a dumbed down description of key attributes of the string theory (particularily the m-brane theory)

I'm  nearly certain that some neutrino's have had been discovered to have mass.  Giant photo-multipliers are placed in old mines (Sudbury, Ontario, Canada- Tokyo Japan etc etc) with large pools of heavy water. The Interactions of neutrinos with ordinary matter cause a neutrino to degrade or oscilate into a different family (color, flavour) neutrino. This "degredation" releases a photon, which is detected by the photo-multipliers. (the opposite could happen as well whereas a neutrino absorbs a photon and goes up a family)

" The angels have infinite energy because some law allows for them to have it. "  -  Okay, well thats a intuitive leap of faith, but not without some possiblity.   In this sense I suppose you could say that a photon either has no mass, and a quantifiable amount of energy.  OR you can say, that the photon has infinite energy (unquantifable) and some measurable mass.

This is all dogma however, and scientific rules are constantly being refined.

The next great discovery is hopefully the higgs-boson however current particle accelerators lack the energy to detect it.  The higgs boson is the particle thought to be responsible for mass. (or more accuratly symmetry breaking in the higgs field)

opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

rygoody

They already invented time travel.

It's called LSD, psilocybin or DMT and then the proper meta-programmer. Getting the proper meta-programming is atleast 100 times more difficult than getting the prior. But no doubt, it's there.

And you are correct, it only enables you to visit parallel realities, literal time travel does not exist. This physical universe is magnetized together by a conscious FAR greater in time. Perhaps if that conscious experienced time travel, it would re-manifest the physical reality to old times. But when just our single conscious experiences time travel, all it does is allow us to perceive the other possibilities that could be physically manifest and, at one point, were physically manifested.

And as Terence McKenna said so well. When you peer into the future you don't see something like the past, only that it hasn't happened. When you peer into the future, you see an array of probability matrices that still have yet to collapse on themselves. Traveling into the future is nothing more than a very accurate sense of what COULD happen, which then invariably allows you to navigate those many possibilities of COULD better.

Honestly, I think a good step in the subject of time travel is if they watched the cells of a human body under an extreme hallucinogenic experience and could identify at a cellular levels whats going on. Or maybe they would need to analyze the cells in the brain during the experience. But then if they could figure that out, harness it to project it on a ship of some sort.... hmm