News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Favorite quotes

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

Greetings Tisha,

"Great Spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence"

---Albert Einstein

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

no_leaf_clover

"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." - Aristotle

Socrates was a good man. These three are by Socrates..

"Remember what is unbecoming to do is also unbecoming to speak of."
"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world."
"Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat."

Brak: "Say, wh... what time you got there pardner?"
Thunderclese: "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay."
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

James S

"Some say he has a loose grip on reality. In fact he as a very tight grip on reality, it's just not a reality the rest of us are familiar with"
- Terry Pratchett

jilola

"Don't be a bursar"
-- Me

2cents & L&L
jouni

strwrs_guru

I have this in my bottom quote, but im not sure who wrote it. I saw it in a movie and instantly liked it.

" The only thing necessary for evil to trimuph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it."
the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing in the face of it.

no_leaf_clover

Guru, I did a search for your quote on Google and something interesting came up regarding that quote, right after the link to your post itself. [8D]

http://www.tartarus.org/~martin/essays/burkequote2.html
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

James S

Jouni,

Should I add to that ...unless you've a good stock of dried frog pills?

[:)]
James.

Greytraveller

Famous Quotes

"God does not play dice with the universe."
 Albert Einstein refering to quantum physics.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few".
Winston Churchill paying homage to the RAF after the Battle of Britain.

'What a terrible thing it is to lose one's mind".
(Then) Vice-President Dan Quayle misquoting the United Negro College Fund slogan of "A mind is a terrible thing to waste", while at a speaking engagement at a black college.

Grigori

"The more I know about physics, the more I am drawn to metaphysics."
- Einstien -

PyroPsion69

"If it doesn't fit, beat it with a hammer until it does" - Jesse James from the Monster Garage TV show.

"Go hump a sheep" Rather disturbing quote my friend Nick always tells me when he doesn't feel like answering my question with a rational answer.

Not sure if this was truly said by Einstein or not, "Two things in the world are infinite: the universe and human stupidity"

Dark Magician

"Only two things are infinate, the universe and human stupidity, and im not to sure about the former" - Albert

Nagual

A variant of the one by Socrates:
"I work to live; I don't live to work"
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Ceriel N

Invent a clever saying, and your name shall live forever.
   -- Anonymous
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

mustang

A variant on Einstein's quote above,

"The most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and human stupidity" - Harlan Ellison, American writer.

TheSeeker

I read this one on these boards:

"The psychotic drowns in the same pool the mystic swims in" - not sure

not exact quote "There are two ways to look at the world, as if there are no miracles, or as if everything is a miracle."  --Einstein (i think)

"Ride the spiral to the end, you may just go where no one's been.. SPIRAL OUT! KEEP GOIN'!"  -- Maynard James Keenan, TOOL

Tisha

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

--- Albert Einstein
Tisha