Quantum electrodynamics, the nature of matter and "beings of light"

Previous topic - Next topic

Re

I'm sure you've heard a thousand times the expression "being of light". I'm quite the skeptic, so I tend to have a materialistic, scientific point of view, but I'm also open minded (and have had my share of "meta" experiences anyway). And thus something quite baffling has just dawned on me.

Quantum electrodynamics views electromagnetism as an interchange of virtual photons (creation and annihilation of photon/anti-photon pairs) as a way to effect electromagnetic force between two particles (you can read up Wikipedia on that if you want). At the same time, electromagnetic forces are what keep molecules together (high-school chemistry), and to some extent atoms themselves (here come into play other subatomic forces without which solid matter could not exist though, propagated by other bosons. Photons are a type of boson). The conclusion being, (expressed in a very simplified manner) that we (and all matter we see around us) are being held together by photons. Thus, if not made of, we are certainly put together using light. 8-)

Could it be this knowledge was discovered intuitively (if not empirically) long ago and remained in our cultures as that vague mystic expression? I'd love to hear some speculation and discussion on this. And to those with a scientific training in physics (formal or not), please do come forward and expose the holes in my rationale.
My humble OBE and LD diary:
http://reasinre.wordpress.com/

Szaxx

The binding force that maintains the density of matter has been reduced greatly. In theses experiments, no extra light was emitted over ambient yet metals fuse into whatever is close. Add the disconnection from Earths gravity where the items float. It seems that light itself is greatly misunderstood. The scientific stance of a vacuum being completely empty seems incorrect too. The Dirac sea, a medium through which light traverses supports itself.
If we are indeed made of light, why can't science prove it?
The work of John Hutchison is ridiculed, its available to see. The work supporting our light body is also ridiculed. I'm sure enough evidence was supplied by Rife.
Our art is also ridiculed by the same group.
I could list more, it appears that materialists need to start looking at the evidence in everything and stop telling tales they can't support.
Being a sceptic is great for conversation, being closed minded is a poor mindset for conversation. The latter means you have to dictate what you've been told to say.
The only well known light source from atomic interaction is made so from large bombs.
The next one related by supporting a life energy field is supplied from Semyon Davidovich Kirlian. This one I've worked with in the 70's. It's fascinating to see the light from your hand grow in size when ill.
If these virtual photons are responsible for everything. How can something that doesn't exist (virtual) do so much?

A few points to comment on.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

beavis

QuoteThe only well known light source from atomic interaction is made so from large bombs.

Thats not true. Photoelectric and its reverse happen in LCD screens and cameras. Photoelectric is curve of space as mass falls into lower energy, releasing light, or absorbs light and vibrates higher.

Szaxx

Quote from: beavis on September 18, 2015, 07:04:43
Thats not true. Photoelectric and its reverse happen in LCD screens and cameras. Photoelectric is curve of space as mass falls into lower energy, releasing light, or absorbs light and vibrates higher.
Ok I should have stated the light emitted is from the electron shells (if this terminology is still current) losing energy to return to their ambient state. It counts as an atomic interaction in my books lol.
You gotta agree, they are really bright. Lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.