News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

extended mind theories

Previous topic - Next topic

beavis

Most of what you said does not imply the scientists are wrong. Senses can see past our bodies because the information comes to us (light, sound waves, etc). The learning ability of animals does not require that any part of their minds be outside their bodies.

you can pick up a phone, knowing who is on the other line (without caller Id) even before the phone rings.

That is the only useful thing you wrote against the scientists' ideas.

A few days ago, I hadnt had a call in hours. I picked up the phone and put it down. 5 seconds later it rang.

Logic

Sensing something external of from somewhere else is nearly impossible. Be that it may, you can hear your friend yelling at you from across the street from you and what not, your perception and sensing of that is done internally in your mind and brain. To almost any degree, sensing and perception are based completly on an internal level, no matter how hard you try or what you experience, everything you know is inside of and a part of you.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

volcomstone

If our mind was simply the action of our brain, how can astral projection be possible? how can remote viewing be anything more than just coincidence, or imagination?

how can we pick up peoples intentions/thoughts? or know when someone is looking at you?

Im really ripping off allot of rupert sheldrakes ideas

He's the author of "The sense of being looked at"
and "Dogs who know when you're coming home"
and "7 experiemsnts that will change the world"

coincidently i got his books for christmas and Im blown away by the things he has said and the reproducable experiments (double blind I might add)

these things you can test in your own home, and it completly shatters the dogmatic views of modern science.
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away

Ceriel N

We are aware 'of' things. We are aware of a sore thumb, electronic pulses running through our nerves, getting processed by our brains and interprited into _information_. As far as we can ever know, the entire external world is only information, sensation, a sense of emptyness to be filled.

I have never seen an atom and you can not prove to me that it exists. You can point out its effects and the phenomena it causes, but all that I will be aware of is a theory, a construct of thought, that allows me to predict more information.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

volcomstone

one scientist claimed "your mind is nothing more than the interactions of chemicals and synapses in your brain"

essentially he said the parts are as great, or equal to the whole,

but this goes against all commen knowledge, we don't experience reality "in our brains" we see outward, we have fingers that extend into space, it isn't just in our brain

Our mind extends outside our body, whenever you look at a star you are extending your mind out to the star, whenever you look at someone, you extend your mind out to that person, and they can sense you starring at them

dogs and cats know when you're coming home, even if your schedule changes, carrier pigeons and homing doves can be trained to come back to MOBILE homes

you can pick up a phone, knowing who is on the other line (without caller Id)  even before the phone rings.

your mind extends as far as you could ever imagine, even farther
opinions are like kittens, just give 'em away