News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I have a question on meditation

Previous topic - Next topic

Links Shadow

One thing to note with all forms of meditation is that there are no wrong way to do it.  The most important thing to remember about meditation is that it needs to "feel" good to you.  I mean everything about the meditation should feel comfortable, you should not be straining in any way.  One thing that I have found is that no matter what happens you should let it happen, just don't force it to happen faster.  

If during meditation it becomes painful which it sometimes can, you can either stop for the time being or try to slow what is happening.  For example, in your case when your head starts throbbing you could move all of your awareness down into your root chakra.  This in turn draws the energy causing the throbbing away from your head, alleviating some of the pain.

Drawing energy into you navel chakra is perfectly fine, this is the safest place to bring the energy in my experiences.  If your main goal is to increase your energy levels you should work with the NEW system which you can find on this site.  By working on the minor chakras, which is the focus of NEW, your body will over time be able to store more energy.

Regards,
Links Shadow

Adrian

Greetings Finn,

Ideally, meditation should not take place in a comfortable position as such, e.g. on a bed or comfortable armchair. As you have already observed, this will tend to cause you to fall asleep. Ideally you should sit on a hard surface with your spine absolutely straight.

There are no set postures for meditation, many sit cross legged on the floor - a lotus position is not necessary unless you can manage it - or upright in a suitable hard chair, e.g. a dining chair. If you use a chair, make sure you do not use the backrest, as I mentioned before, your spine needs to be completely straight. Having done that, the objective should be to completely empty the mind of all thoughts.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

kifyre

Hey,

Here's what I've been doing if you're curious:

I sit cross-legged on the ground on three encyclopedia volumes or small cushions. So my behind is higher than my feet. This helps your spine stay straight so you don't fold forwards or backwards. Perhaps, in time, I'll dispense with this as I stretch out. I pretend a string is attached to the very top of my head and pulls me straight. My hands are in my lap.

If I don't have cushions or any other props, I sit on the floor cross-legged, and I place my hands on my knees and pull slightly to expand my chest.

When I meditate I "stay with my breath." This usually involves feeling the sensation of air passing in and out of my nostrils. When I inevitably realize my mind has drifted, I take a passing look at what my mind was doing, then gently and firmly bring my attention back to the breath.

When I first started, I could only handle five minutes at a time and then I became anxious. Now I'm up to 15 minutes twice a day, which I've been doing for a few months. I'll up it again eventually. It's taken awhile for my body to get used to the stillness and the posture too. I usually do a couple minutes of stretching before I start. (yoga sun salutations)

In any case, regardless of position, method, stretching, whatever, as I see it, the important thing is just to do it! To put in the time and toss the details if they prevent you from meditating.

I work with energy separately from meditation, though energy sensations are almost always present when I meditate.

So that's my current take, for what it's worth. :) Book-wise, "Meditation in Plain English," and "Breath by Breath" were useful to me, but I learned the most just by doing it. There are of course many other styles of meditation.

All the best,

Mark

finn

thanks for the responses, I am new to this and I still surprised at the physical sensations asscoiated with energy work. I was worried that I would somehow cause an imbalance of energy and since I wasnt even focusing on any other chakras as yet, It kinda shocked me to feel pressure on the top of my head when I wasnt focusing there.

Thanks for the input on technique as well, I think lying semi prone on my bed, although comfortable, is TOO comfortable. I fell alseep again yesterday LOL. I "do" get 8-10 hours of sleep a night, so I know I am not sleep deprived, it seems that I am just in too comfortable of a position........

-Finn

Adrian

Greetings Finn,

LinksShadow has provided excellent advice.

Sitting straight with the spine erect is very important to meditation, armchairs and beds are definitely not advisable.

I would not mix energy work with meditation either; these are two distinctly different disciplines, and focussing on enery raising will distract you from the purpose of meditation.

There is an exception to this, and that is focussing on breathing. When we breath, we breath in vital energy as well as the usual gases. This vital energy is not only breathed in through the mouth and nose, but also by every pore an organ of the body. When you focus on breathing therfore, focus on the fact that you are breathing in vital energy not only through your mouth and nose, but also through your entire body from head to toe. You can then choose whether to retain the energy, or expel it in the form of a grey cloud representing negative things you wish to remove. This should be a natural process however, remember, the most important thing is to focus on the inner worlds, and not on actively doing other things.

Meditation takes practice every day, but it is one of the most useful and worthwhile disciplines to achieve, and well worth the effort.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

finn

hello all, I have just recently started meditation (so far 6 times) and I have a few questions?

While lying in a semi reclined position on my bed, I have been focusing my awareness on different parts of my body until I feel a throbbing or priockling sensation (toes, bottom of feet, fingers hands, knees.....) I do this for 5-10 minutes then begin "Sesning, pulling" energy up my legs into my navel area chakra. This causes a very slight vibration sensation to begin in my body. About 10 minutes into this I fall asleep.

The last two times have been different. I dont fall asleep but I felt a "pressure" on the very top of my head while drawing energy into my naval. Then when the pressure became such that I started to wonder what it was, I began thinking too much and would come out of the meditative state.

Should I be worried I am doing something wrong or continue focusing on drawing energy into my naval chakra? I havent been trying to open any other areas, and thought just focusing on the navel would be a good way to begin raising energy levels.....

-Finn