News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

On Suffering and Compassion

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Maybe she should know that birds are not physically designed to be able to cry. I have heard that most animals (and birds) are not able to cry. I do not know how true this is.  

Atleast she lets you know right off the bat that she is not a compassionate woman. Some wait to show you that side when it is better to know up front. :)

To all of those birds who have frozen to death in the winter and have fallen off their tree branches WITH tears in their eyes!!

Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

kakkarot

wow. what a **tch. even if she was waiting to show others her compasionate side until after she got to know them, i still wouldn't want to know her. i find that someone like that is fake and their "caring" is a farce. if they can't have compassion when they don't know someone, why would they have compassion just cause they know you? better yet, why should they bother to have compassion just cause they know you?

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Tom

She probably isn't as bad as she sounds. The thought isn't original. I heard it before in a movie about navy seals. She probably decided it sounded impressive and took it without giving credit.

Fenris

Yeah GI Jane, it sounds really glorified when the hard arsed Mastercheif gives a really emotional speech to rev up his seals.

Goes something like this

I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for its self, a small bird will freeze to death on a brough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Thats not exactly it and I did not really do it any justice http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>   unfortunately I dont remember the poet who wrote it, I read it in a school text book once too. Its nice.

Personily I find the greatest satisfaction in helping and caring for others, its what Ive always done. Im that person at parties who helps all the drunks. I see no weakness in compassion.

Veni Vidi Vici

koshka

I recently listened again to a message by a rather unusual/ordinary man.  He said that God ALWAYS chooses to work through "PEOPLE AND THINGS." ( I can relate a little more of his story later if there is any interest.)  But this went together immediately in my mind with a version of the origin of Lucifer's Rebellion as taught by Islam. Lucifer LOVED GOD.  But one day God created human beings and directed all his Angels to love and minister to these beings.  Lucifer was devastated: he would not put God secondarily nor partially in his love.  Lucifer could not obey -- out of absolute PASSION for the presence and face of the Most High.  God turned His face from Lucifer.

"Passion" means suffering, and so Lucifer suffers and hates humanity with jealousy and malice.  Lucifer strives to twist and destroy humanity in the image of the undeseving petty swine he wishes and believes them to be.  

Angels deal with unimaginable supra-universal power.  Immense forces of titanic glory are their natural media.  Stupendous stuff!  Yet God chooses to use "Compassion" instead of the "Passion" of angels.  The "com" prefix means "with" and "shared."  The Glory of God shall shine out from the "meek" and "ordinary" instead of the stellar.  The fate of a frozen bird IS such meekness and cosmic grace.

Tom

My cat likes to watch the birds. They have a nest just over the window, and they don't seem to mind that my cat stares at them. As a gift to the cat, I bought a bird feeder and put it out the window, hanging it from a string. The birds get the seed and my cat is better entertained. The nest is up against the building, and maybe that will be warmer in the coming winter than having a nest in a tree somewhere? The windows don't insulate very well, especially that one, because it is cracked.

koshka

It's a poem -- "The Cracked Window."

The crack is the medium of shared suffering.  The cat has a passion for birds, but is softened and enobled in its predatory nature by association with a compassionate human soul.  The cat may very well be with that soul in the Afterlife.  The medium John Anderson has observed that pets often die before the passing of a child in order to guide the little soul into the Afterlife.

I wished to relate the link I felt to the film "G.I. Jane" as has been mentioned.  Demi Moore's character was raped in that movie, I believe.  A military organization really functions on the common, deep, HUMAN bonding.  Degrading and raping one of your own is a passion of power and domination -- not human bonding.

Colonel David Hackworth built his military community in Vietnam through this BONDING.  The SYSTEM, however, impressed a rigid 365-day rotation system for troops in Vietnam, guaranteeing a resistance to bonding.  No matter what one feels about Vietnam, the system bred allienation and rejection so profound that it brought about self-allination and self- (soul)-rejection.  Which was the point, importantly.

Erictwo

A while back, I was reading the profile of a woman on the internet. She stated that she hated whiners and then proceeded to point out that when birds freeze to death in the winter and fall off their tree branches, you don't see any tears in their eyes. My initial reaction was twofold. I was curious as to the two individuals who birthed and nurtured this "piece of work" and secondly I thought that if I were ever in the hospital I wouldn't want this woman as my nurse!!

With this so stated, I wish to dedicate this post to all of those birds who have frozen to death in the winter and have fallen off their tree branches WITH tears in their eyes!!

Sincerely,

Erictwo!