News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Kabbalah

Previous topic - Next topic

MJ-12

PeacefulWarrior

Thank you so much for sharing that with me MJ...I will visit spirtwebs page on the Kabbalah...I am in the same boat you were in, I have discovered so much in the pure way (on my own and with help from God) but now I want to investigate what the Kabbalah has to say in order to better conceptualize it in a temporal way...
thanks again!

Let thy BOWELS ALSO BE FULL OF CHARITY towards all men, and to the
household of faith, and let VIRTUE GARNISH THY THOUGHTS unceasingly; then
shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God."
D&C 121:45
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum

Adrian

Greetings Daniel!

First of all - the Qabbalah (or Kabbalah) is extremely important and extremely sacred.

The things you need to realise in finding Qabbalah texts to study, are that the original sacred Qabbalah was composed in ancient Hebrew, and further to that is highly symbolic.

It is also, in many ways, related to Genesis One, which is also symbolic, and likely not, as most people believe, directly referencing the creation of the physical world we live in as imagined by the literal text, and the way people assume it.

That said, you would do very well to study the Qabbalah in my opinion, but you will have to find your own sources - I cannot influence you on that.

I can however point you to a URL which gives you some idea - not the work I would use as a basis however:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/kabintr.htm

As an aside, the web site Sacred Texts contains a wealth of valuable ancient works, and if you do not already know about it, I would like to share the location with you:

http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Fenris

Im only a newby to the Qabbalah myself but I found this to be an excellant book. Its called The Middle Pillar the balance between mind and magic, by Israel Regardie. The copy I have is edited and annotated by Chic and Tabatha Cicero. The book seems to be a good introduction to the Qabbalah as well as going indepth with the psychological aspects of personal development.

Im sure some of the older and wiser people will be aware of the book and have a more valid opinion of it. Regardie has writen many books on the Qabbalah but this is the only one I have read.

Happy studying!

David

bitsmart

spiritweb.org is a very interesting site with information on lots of neat topics. Hee hee.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Ghost

quote:

Im only a newby to the Qabbalah myself but I found this to be an excellant book. Its called The Middle Pillar the balance between mind and magic, by Israel Regardie. The copy I have is edited and annotated by Chic and Tabatha Cicero. The book seems to be a good introduction to the Qabbalah as well as going indepth with the psychological aspects of personal development.

Im sure some of the older and wiser people will be aware of the book and have a more valid opinion of it. Regardie has writen many books on the Qabbalah but this is the only one I have read.

Happy studying!

David

Careful David.
I'm not trying to take anything away from Regardie, or Chic and Tabatha Cicero....they are all excellent authors, but what they are writing about is a sort of 'watered-down' version of many of the Qabbalah rituals. True Hebrew Qabbalah is a religion, NOT magic. You could probably stop by a Synagogue to obtain more information on the Qabbalah from this perspective.
Regardie's rituals are taken from his days as apprentice/secretary of Aliester Crowley when they were in "The Golden Dawn" together. (Think of the Golden Dawn as a martial arts school, where many different instructors of various styles got together to make up a new style of martial art, using only the best techniques from each style. You get the idea.)
The Golden Dawn practioners performed magic rituals together, and they comprised their ceremonies from many different sources (including the Hebrew Qabbalah), but not exclusively from this. They also adopted techniques from Yogic practices, Egyptian Enochian, etc and made them their own.
The Cicero's were the the 'apprentices' of Israel Regardie.

I hope I'm not confusing you. I just don't think that it is a good idea to associate Regardie's Qabbalah with original Hebrew Qabbala, or at least I think that some distinction should be made, as Regardie's (and hence Chic and Tabatha Cicero's) perspective of the Qabbalah is from a more practical viewpoint, and is less cluttered with religous dogma.

I also think that it would be safe to say that anything you read containing "Qabbalah rituals" (i.e. in the 'New Age' section of any book store or on the Spiritweb site) are based partially or entirely on the works of The Golden Dawn.

P.S. My advice, take it or leave it, is to stay away from the Middle Pillar Exercise for the time being. If just starting out you can actually do more harm than good with that one.
Develop the energy body using Robert's NEW techniques first (back to basics). This is an excellent way to start out, and should not be overlooked. If I were you I wouldn't even touch the Middle Pillar without a minimum of six-months to one year of solid N.E.W. work under your belt.
Best of luck to you.
Ghost

Fenris

Ghost

I was aware of the Qabbalah being of Hebrew religious origin and that the GD only adapts it for its own use. Sorry if I came off as being a little ignorant in my attempt to be helpful.

Thank you for your concern regarding the middle pillar exercise, I have read about the aparent dangers of its practice in the early stages of ones development. And I certainly have not risked practicing the process fully. It is curious that the exercise starts with the activation of the crown, where as most systems begin with the root. This little fact did ring alarm bells.

PeacefulWarrior

Wow, I see that this obviously a vital book...and I am sad I didn't know more about it until now.  Thanks for all the info and especially to you Adrian for the links.

I will let you all know what I discover in time.

-Dan

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"
We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------

Tir13

Howdy,

If you'd like to find out some .....disturbing things about the nature of mankind, get a drawing/print of the tree of life with all symbols in tact.  Follow the paths, and see where they lead....interesting stuff!!  Later!

Jason

Nimzomyth

Iv'e read quite a few books on Kabbalah, but I have to say reading and doing are two very different things.  Kabbalah is a practical art as well as a science and religion.  The very best books I have read for practical magical development and Kabbalah are the series of books by Franz Bardon.

1 Initiation into Hermetics
2 Practice of Magical Evocation
3 Key to the True Kabbalah

Check them out.

Nimzomyth.

n/a

Greetings,

Perhaps I am wrong with what I am about to say. I really know nothing of western religions, as I dedicate myself to the study of Master Chia's Taoist internal alchemy system(before that I was involved in yoga, buddhism etc.):
I have read that the qabalah is NOT of Judaic origin. I have read that the qabala comes out of African religion - something called the Paut Neteru. Also I have read that the Babylonians and the Canaanites had qabala before the jews learned it from them. As I read the jews only learned qabala while they were in captivity, and that they adapted the qabala toward judaic ends.

This information may or may not be correct, and I welcome feedback on this issue. I would like to know what people understand on this historical issue. to whom does the qabala belong(in a historical sense).

Windameir

Just some food for thought ...
Each time a Spiritual or Sacred Text is re-writen it is subject to be interpited by the person doing the rewrite or translation. Most of these books have a ton of symbolism and are open to wide interpetitation influnced highly by the time in history in which they are translated.  :IE the reason for so many different versions of the bible. If we all could only read the original language and have access to the original text then we would be able to make a informed assement based on first hand knowldge.  That make sence?

Happy Travels
Windameir

PeacefulWarrior

Tell me what you know, where you found info. about it/from it, and what it has to do with your spiritual progression, etc.

Dan

Let thy BOWELS ALSO BE FULL OF CHARITY towards all men, and to the
household of faith, and let VIRTUE GARNISH THY THOUGHTS unceasingly; then
shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God."
D&C 121:45
T.S. Elliot
---------------