Heaven Is For Real...what do you guys make of this?

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron330

Have any of you guys read this book or seen interviews? I've read hundreds of NDE's, and this one is particularly interesting to me. It sounds like he basically had a typical NDE, went out of body and went to his version of "heaven" seeing "Jesus" and "God the Father", as well as some relatives like his grandfather and miscarriaged sister that he didn't know existed. So its safe to say that the "Jesus" he walked and talked with was a projection of his own idea of Jesus? Or could it have been a spirit guide who was posing as Jesus to make him feel comfortable?

The part that confuses me is that he was barely 4 years old when this happened, so he couldn't have had that many beliefs formulated by then, right? I remember believing in Jesus at that age, but I didn't know much about him besides that I was to "believe in him" and that he loved me. Is it also safe to say that the family members he saw were real family members who were there to greet him and such?

Watch this recent interview with Sean Hannity and tell me what you guys make of this story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/18/colton-burpo-heaven-fox-sean-hannity-_n_5173496.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000051
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

Volgerle

I've read some good NDE books that summarise and categorize a lot with survey statistics. From this I remember with certainty that most young children's NDEs do not take place in a BST. They often refer to light beings and angels (in a broader child-like sense, children love angels like fairies, fantasy beings, etc). They also very often meet deceased relatives, yes. This lack of a strong religious coulouring often disturbs some very pious and religious parents (of course it also disturbs atheist parents for other reasons  :-D ).

Yes, I believe that a BST visit might happen also be little children and the Jesus guy might have been a guide or the "real" Jesus energy (Christ energy is not personal!) he met with. It is the same with Angels we meet, they are maybe 'people' who do not incarnate but act as helpers (in a higher office capacity, so to speak), a religious angel (with wings) is a belief matrix we put onto them, or they might be energies or programs we tap into, if we ask for it. Or anything in between. We will never know for sure anyway.

We also cannot exclude the fact that some book writers want to proselytize in favour of their religion/belief and make some things up or at least colour it such as to make it a tendency towards sth. A heaven needn't be a "Christian only" heaven, angels are not necessarily denominational. Maybe he was 'post-indoctrinated' meaning that his church or parents forced him to put a Christian flavour on his account and memories. He's not the only one btw, although it is a minority.

Still, my first guess would always be it's a typical BST visit in Focus 24-26.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_level

QuoteFocus 24, 25, 26 - Belief System Territories. Somewhat similar to Focus 23, however people here are not isolated but live in groups. The inhabitants are humans from all periods and areas who have accepted and subscribed to various premises and concepts. All inhabitants of a specific territory are in contact with all others who share their beliefs. Contact with anyone holding conflicting beliefs is very limited.

Aaron330

Quote from: Volgerle on April 19, 2014, 13:06:10
I've read some good NDE books that summarise and categorize a lot with survey statistics. From this I remember with certainty that most young children's NDEs do not take place in a BST. They often refer to light beings and angels (in a broader child-like sense, children love angels like fairies, fantasy beings, etc). They also very often meet deceased relatives, yes. This lack of a strong religious coulouring often disturbs some very pious and religious parents (of course it also disturbs atheist parents for other reasons  :-D ).

Yes, I believe that a BST visit might happen also be little children and the Jesus guy might have been a guide or the "real" Jesus energy (Christ energy is not personal!) he met with. It is the same with Angels we meet, they are maybe 'people' who do not incarnate but act as helpers (in a higher office capacity, so to speak), a religious angel (with wings) is a belief matrix we put onto them, or they might be energies or programs we tap into, if we ask for it. Or anything in between. We will never know for sure anyway.

We also cannot exclude the fact that some book writers want to proselytize in favour of their religion/belief and make some things up or at least colour it such as to make it a tendency towards sth. A heaven needn't be a "Christian only" heaven, angels are not necessarily denominational. Maybe he was 'post-indoctrinated' meaning that his church or parents forced him to put a Christian flavour on his account and memories. He's not the only one btw, although it is a minority.

Still, my first guess would always be it's a typical BST visit in Focus 24-26.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_level

Yea, that's basically what I surmised too. Wasn't it kind of sad/disgusting at the very end where Sean Hannity asks him "does everybody go to heaven?" and he was like "um, no..." and proceeded to answer why. You could tell his religious belief system was answering for him, not his personal experience or belief.
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

soarin12

I read the book.  His Dad is a pastor and he had been read plenty of picture book bible stories even at that young age.  Also he kept revealing more info. about the experience even up until 6 years old.  So that's even more time for religious indoctrination.  It definitely comes across as a real experience colored by belief.  He knew things about his relatives he could not possibly have known.  When asked what God looked like he said really really big but could not describe this 'bigness' and immediately transferred from trying to describe God visually to the immense love that God has for us.  This is very telling of being the real deal.  He could have talked with the real Jesus IMO.  Many say that we live parallel lives and are thus in many places at once, and so if true for us, why not Jesus?  My experiences in the NPR have caused me not to hold onto ANY limitations concerning the nature of reality, i.e. God or any of his aspects including Jesus and everyone else.

AAAAAAAA

It depends on what you mean by "Heaven". If you are talking about an actual place like the so-called "bible" describes, then no. All of that is fake. Jesus was real though, him and Buddha were the only two people known to have rainbow-colored auras. Of course you're free to disagree with me since there is no proof that heaven and jesus exist/don't exist. All we can really do on this subject is speculate. The way I'm thinking is, the person who looked like Jesus in the astral was probably just another spirit.

Aaron330

I agree. It would interesting to know if he claims that this spirit identified himself as Jesus (which would lead me to believe it was just a projection on his part of the Jesus he'd been taught, or a very slight chance that it was the actual Jesus himself), or if this spirit did not identify himself as Jesus but the boy just assumed he was.

Do you think the "Father" he saw was probably "the Light" described by many NDE'rs??

AAAAAAAA

The only "Light" I know of is the light that people walk through when they live their last life and they no longer reincarnate.

Aaron330

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on April 19, 2014, 20:20:51
The only "Light" I know of is the light that people walk through when they live their last life and they no longer reincarnate.

Woah, tell me more about that. I've read several hundreds of NDE accounts and 95% of them talk about standing before a marvelous, indescribably beautiful light of unconditional Love and acceptance, usually that talks with people telepathically about their life and what not. It's probably the second most common theme of NDE's behind the "traveling through a tunnel" experience. I wonder where people go though once they are done reincarnating... :-O

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Aaron330 on April 19, 2014, 21:19:32
Woah, tell me more about that. I've read several hundreds of NDE accounts and 95% of them talk about standing before a marvelous, indescribably beautiful light of unconditional Love and acceptance, usually that talks with people telepathically about their life and what not. It's probably the second most common theme of NDE's behind the "traveling through a tunnel" experience. I wonder where people go though once they are done reincarnating... :-O

I wonder that too. The light I am referring to is the one that you walk through once you are done reincarnating. I hear that not everyone is able to see that light. A while ago I asked about this, whether or not it was true. I have now confirmed it.If you DO reincarnate, you are someone who walked through the dark. It makes sense after all. The dark is a lower frequency, and when you reincarnate and walk to your next life on earth, you are going into the physical plane (being born), and it correlates with the darkness because the dark and the physical planes are both lower frequencies of reality. I have also heard that when you walk through the dark, someone guides you through the dark into your next life. I have yet to confirm that one though, however the source that tells me this happens to be right about everything else, so I kind of believe that this also might be true.

soarin12

Quote from: Aaron330 on April 19, 2014, 19:57:01
I agree. It would interesting to know if he claims that this spirit identified himself as Jesus (which would lead me to believe it was just a projection on his part of the Jesus he'd been taught, or a very slight chance that it was the actual Jesus himself), or if this spirit did not identify himself as Jesus but the boy just assumed he was.

Do you think the "Father" he saw was probably "the Light" described by many NDE'rs??

It was interesting reading about the Jesus he saw.  He remembered his appearance very clearly and his father would always ask him about specific paintings of Jesus that they would come across, saying 'Does this one look like him?'  Colton would always say 'no' to all the paintings his father would ask about.  Then one day they came across another painting of Jesus, and his Father asked the same question, and Colton said, 'This one's right, Dad.'  The painting was by a child prodigy named Akiane, who started seeing visions of heaven and Jesus when she was 4. (she claims to have had no religious indoctrination- her mother an atheist and no talk of religion in the house)  She was told by God in a vision to paint what she had seen.  If you look her up, there are a lot of You-tube videos about her. Very amazing girl.  Her name is Akiane Kramarik.

Volgerle

Quote from: soarin12 on April 19, 2014, 23:36:10If you look her up, there are a lot of You-tube videos about her. Very amazing girl.  Her name is Akiane Kramarik.
I've seen her featured in a film about Indigo children with her amazing paintings (already a few years ago).

Xanth

Heaven 100% exists.
The thing is this: everything created by human minds exists non-physically.   Heaven, Helll,  Summerlands, Bardo, etc...

It all exists for those who believe in them.

It existed before you were born and will exist long after you die.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Xanth on April 22, 2014, 16:00:54
Heaven 100% exists.
The thing is this: everything created by human minds exists.   Heaven, he'll,  summerlands, bardo, etc...

It exists before you're born and we'll after you die.

Is this what it means to create "tulpas"?

Xanth

A tulpas is an entity created physically, I believe.

I'm speaking of realms created by a thought or thoughts which exist solely nonphysical.

But yeah sure,  along those lines, that works.

Aaron330

Quote from: Xanth on April 22, 2014, 16:00:54
Heaven 100% exists.
The thing is this: everything created by human minds exists.   Heaven, he'll,  summerlands, bardo, etc...

It exists before you're born and we'll after you die.

Is that where you think Colton went though? To the Christian Heaven in the BST?

Xanth

Quote from: Aaron330 on April 22, 2014, 19:17:55
Is that where you think Colton went though? To the Christian Heaven in the BST?
Without nitpicking terminology... Sure.  That works.

Aaron330

Quote from: Xanth on April 22, 2014, 19:57:37
Without nitpicking terminology... Sure.  That works.

lol sometimes I feel like I have no idea what I'm talking about :p

Xanth

Quote from: Aaron330 on April 22, 2014, 22:05:28
lol sometimes I feel like I have no idea what I'm talking about :p
Sometimes that's the best place to begin.  :)

Aaron330