Solomons Ring

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyla

Does anybody here have a take on this magick "ring" was...and why the Djinn would obey it??

How could a ring, worn on the finger, have two sides, with a seal on
each side? Perhaps it was some other sort of ring?

Could it even be a symbolic metaphore?

Leyla

Okay, I'm excited. I went digging around on this topic and think I'm onto just the tip of something.

With the brass part of the ring Solomon signed his written commands to the good genii, and with the iron part he signed his commands to the evil genii. ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL.  

Well, I went digging around the Israel Ministry of Forgine affairs and many other such sources, which talk about Solomons Seal. They seem divided on whether Solomons Seal was a Star of David OR a Pentagram.

And I was like "Duh, both!" There were two seperate seals.

The Star of David must be the Brass seal of the good Djinn. Because the Pentagram is still used to this day for protection from evil forces, and from early times is supposed to have the power of driving away demons. So that must have been the Iron Seal.

I will probably dig up more as I go along.

Ryuji

Leyla.

for that matter i can make myself a magick pizza of protection and just eat it when i feel like something needed :P

just object with an enchantment nothing special realy  :roll:

CFTraveler

Quote from: RyujiLeyla.

for that matter i can make myself a magick pizza of protection and just eat it when i feel like something needed :P

just object with an enchantment nothing special realy  :roll:
MMMmm- magic pizza! :rolling:

Leyla

I'm afraid I don't get the joke.

I'm working hard to separate myth from fact.  So you're saying you think it really was some sort of enchanted object? And that it wasn't symbolic of something else?

I don't know. Crystals and metals do carry an energy charge and all, but...I just feel like it can't be that simple.

I, for one, have never ran into an enchanted object. A haunted one maybe, that some ghost got attached to, but not one that had mind control.

Alaskans

>I'm assuming by enchanted your meaning charged with some energy which in this case has been assigned to a purpose, like an elemental?<
Objects and symbols can be enchanted to the astral plane can't they, I mean that thats the whole point of it, a place to store energy copies? So a pizza could actually be enchanted to do something in the astral which in turn could effect the physical and/or other planes. I think thats how curses are made, they're elementals on another plane (or someone asking a spirit to do their dirty work.)

I think its more likely he somehow made the djin believe the ring was thier body. Perhaps used whatever force that keeps us tied to our body to tie them to the ring? I understand the concept of spirits entering inanimate objects. I don't know, I dont have enough to go on and my crown chakra is super-hyper active and unbalancing  :hammer:
Wait a second... check this out.
http://www.esotericarchives.com/tritheim/trchryst.htm

I know alot of his ritual is theatrics (like most magicians), but that sounds rather similar to the trapping of the djin.
Every single person is an enigma of wonder waiting patiently to be realized.

Scoff if you want; soon we will be leading the race to new heights and you will wish you had followed us in our search for truth.

Leyla

Interesting. I was just hunting around looking for anything that could be a possible clue to unraveiling the whole "Solomon and the Good/Evil Djinn."

I thought if I could figure out the ring it would lead me to something, but I didn't turn up any answers.

I am more and more convinced there is something real to the story, as I uncovered this curious tale:

After the death of Solomon, the Djinn brought forth a stack of books on magick and the occult, which had been kept under Solomons throne, and showed the people, as proof that Solomon himself had practiced Magick.

But this is a terrible lie, so says the Koran...Solomon kept all those magick books under his throne (ready? ready? wait for it...) TO KEEP THEM SAFELY OUT OF PEOPLES HANDS SO THEY WOULD NOT USE THEM.

LOL!  :lol:  Why he couldn't just burn them I don't know.